Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does 'LOL' Really Mean 'Lucifer Our Lord'?

Still Waters

When we "laugh out loud" online, are we really praying to Satan, the prince of darkness himself?

The answer is no, but an image posted by a user on the social news site Reddit is warning the Internet otherwise.

According to the directive, which is meant to be shared "with Christians," the classic and ubiquitous "LOL" acronym stands for "Lucifer our lord," something the image's creator doesn't find funny at all.

http://www.livescien...r-our-lord.html

• Like 2

Like, OMG.

• Like 3

This is trufax, Satan told me himself during our Thursday bowling nights. He uses a skull as as bowling ball, it's pretty hilarious if not good as a bowling ball.

• Like 4

pfft

The classic and ubiquitous LOL = Lots Of Love! Read it and weep, Luci.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Are there padlocks on the doors of the Westboro Baptist Church? Barred windows would be nice too.

• Like 4

LOL! People who are looking for bad will find it. If it wasn't for some Christian zealot I would have no idea that most people that make the heavy metal "devil sign" do it wrong. Leave it to someone who is dead set against it to show everyone the correct way to do it.

People are entertaining aren't they?

• Like 3

That must mean LMAO means Lucifer My Almighty Overlord :o I think it means whatever the user intends it to mean, so maybe!

• Like 4

LOL! People who are looking for bad will find it. If it wasn't for some Christian zealot I would have no idea that most people that make the heavy metal "devil sign" do it wrong. Leave it to someone who is dead set against it to show everyone the correct way to do it.

People are entertaining aren't they?

The part in bold - is SO TRUE.

• Like 2

Reminds me of a news flurry from the 70's: KISS=Kings In Satan's Service :w00t:

• Like 3

You can make initials stand for just about anything you want it to.XmasLaughingMouse.gif

I have never hailed satan by writing these initials, because i am not giving this kind of meaning to those initials!! Why are some people always find the bad thing in everything? It's annoying :td:

I have never hailed satan by writing these initials, because i am not giving this kind of meaning to those initials!! Why are some people always find the bad thing in everything? It's annoying :td:

i think they have nothing better to do..

i always thought it meant lots of love, so i used at very inappropriate times.. oops..

Edited by with bells on
  • Like 1

i think they have nothing better to do..

i always thought it meant lots of love, so i used at very inappropriate times.. oops..

Up until three years ago, I was still putting LOL xx at the bottom of Birthday Cards. And no-one told me.

• Like 2