Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Grave Robbers Seek Bones for Voodoo Rituals

Karlis

Benin, West Africa -- the world capital of voodoo

Authorities in Dangbo, a village 6 miles from the capital Porto-Novo, began an investigation after a mason working at the cemetery said he spotted several masked men digging up the graves, from which organs and skulls were removed. 'The desecration of graves is about money in this region,' said Joseph Afaton, director of the cemetery. 'It is for sacrifices, or for bewitching.

Read more

''A 2010 Gallup poll found that belief in magic is widespread throughout sub-Saharan Africa; on average 55 percent of Africans believe in witchcraft.''. That's a very high percentage!! :o

Some of the things people do because of superstition will never cease to amaze me.weirdsign.gif

• Like 1

Using human skulls to make love charms? Seems like an oxymoron, but I guess their practices include such bizzareness.

Africa is the origin of voodoo . Nigeria is a hotbed of voodoo ,as is the Congo .

This is nothing. I would say much worse goes on in Haiti ,but its never publicized.

I have to say,I find the video of the "zombie squid",much more disturbing .

Some guy with a serial killers voice saying ,oh no,its not feeling pain ,while its actually trying to crawl OUT of the bowl .

Fail .

I suppose it all comes down to what you're used to. The symbolic canabalism of the sacrement of Communion probably raised a few eyebrows along the way...it's all in how you describe it, and what "normal" means to you.