Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Assad Getting Desperate ?

and-then

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/162805#.UL2CSoNShkg

If accurate this could set the stage for Western intervention. Arutz Sheva is a far right publication but usually has factual, if slanted, reporting.

I tend not to believe everything I read or hear concerning regime changes, and especially reports from Israeli newspapers, this has WMD wrote all over it

• Like 2

WMD's

War-mongering..

Propaganda..

I do not believe that artical, I think it's just a another bunch of war-mongering western war justification aimed at justifying the unjustifyable. lol.

• Like 1

Syria has devolved into another Shi'ite vs. Sunni shooting match, with which the US government will be more than delighted to see them blow each other to kingdom come. Poor on them. If they don't know how to unite they'll never stop being the useful pawns of outsiders wishing to exploit their resources.

• Like 1

He has not control now, I think he has lost already

That's part of what worries me. If his generals are running the show they may be thinking tactically and the short term advantage of a chem attack would be a hands down "success". But if it's proven that they've prepared these binaries and are positioning them for use then Israel might go regardless who likes it. And THAT would be what a senator recently and quite memorably called a sugar coated Satan sandwich. Nasty in the extreme for all concerned.

I tend not to believe everything I read or hear concerning regime changes, and especially reports from Israeli newspapers, this has WMD wrote all over it

While I understand the context of what you are saying - it IS about WMD - specifically the precursors of Sarin gas being blended for aerial application. And what does it matter WHY or even WHO decides to use this stuff? Once it's been used there will probably be thousands dead or injured. Remember Halabja? And if it gets used near Israel then Assad WILL be going down. It's all fine and good to ignore reporting you don't care to believe but sometimes it's true whether you like it or not. I hope it's NOT true because it will signal an escalation that will be horrible for the whole region.

I saw something on CNN - Obama has warned agains the use of chemical weapons in Syria, or there will be reprisals so this idea is gaining traction.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/03/world/meast/syria-civil-war/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I don't think he's stupid enough to go that far. The last time Assad started threating the use of chemical weapons Russia quickly told him to shut up. So if he goes and uses them anyway then the Russians might not be willing to protect him anymore.

I don't think he's stupid enough to go that far. The last time Assad started threating the use of chemical weapons Russia quickly told him to shut up. So if he goes and uses them anyway then the Russians might not be willing to protect him anymore.

Why do you think he's mixing the precursors then? I'm having trouble seeing any other possible reason for this. I mean... it'd be like Hitler telling the world "No no, I'm not planning on invading anyone else, especially not Poland" while at the same time massing his troops on the polish border....

He doesn't strike me as being stupid at all, vicious in the extreme but not stupid. And I think he would only do such a thing as a last resort - sort of a Samson revenge thing. He said months ago that if anyone invaded Syria he would strike Israel and set the region on fire. He has to see the writing on the wall now. I read somewhere that he could salvo 250 scuds an hour. Accurate scuds with large payloads, so we're not talking about Gaza here. Put Sarin on them and Israeli and Turkish cities could become death traps. I'm no expert but I think Sarin is able to last in the environment for extended periods. It works on contact and causes an extremely nasty dying experience. So once it starts falling the only thing the Israelis could do is react quickly and with overwhelming force to stop it at it's source. I think they would try to decapitate the government as a first step to hunting down all the scud sites. The only answer for such a devastating weapon would be chemical weapons in return or nukes.
  • Like 1

He doesn't strike me as being stupid at all, vicious in the extreme but not stupid. And I think he would only do such a thing as a last resort - sort of a Samson revenge thing. He said months ago that if anyone invaded Syria he would strike Israel and set the region on fire. He has to see the writing on the wall now. I read somewhere that he could salvo 250 scuds an hour. Accurate scuds with large payloads, so we're not talking about Gaza here. Put Sarin on them and Israeli and Turkish cities could become death traps. I'm no expert but I think Sarin is able to last in the environment for extended periods. It works on contact and causes an extremely nasty dying experience. So once it starts falling the only thing the Israelis could do is react quickly and with overwhelming force to stop it at it's source. I think they would try to decapitate the government as a first step to hunting down all the scud sites. The only answer for such a devastating weapon would be chemical weapons in return or nukes.

Behold, the burdon of Demascus

• Like 1

I agree with most of the above. False Falg intended to raise support of western populations. I'm really not interested in sticking my nose in a civil war regardless of what the people are doing to each other. Did the USA learn nothing in Vietnam or Korea?

Let them fight it out and then deal with the victors after.

Sick of all of this war B.S.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

I agree with most of the above. False Falg intended to raise support of western populations. I'm really not interested in sticking my nose in a civil war regardless of what the people are doing to each other. Did the USA learn nothing in Vietnam or Korea?

The whole world is sick of it OS. Hard to just walk away when people start using something as evil as this stuff. The reason I cannot believe the use of poison gas could be a false flag is that the regional and even world stakes are just too high and uncontrollable escalation too much a possibility. The Israelis would go absolutely bonkers if gas was used in their neighborhood - even on Syrians...it's just too close and too symbolic for them. If it happens I think it will just be Assad in his death throes. We all need to be hoping and praying that Israel doesn't decide to make the world stand up and take a step back by nuking Damascus. The noose seems to be closing internationally and sanctions probably not far off due to the E1 construction issue and illegitimate Palestinian "statehood". Cornering a powerful animal is usually a poor decision. Edited by and then

The whole world is sick of it OS. Hard to just walk away when people start using something as evil as this stuff. The reason I cannot believe the use of poison gas could be a false flag is that the regional and even world stakes are just too high and uncontrollable escalation too much a possibility. The Israelis would go absolutely bonkers if gas was used in their neighborhood - even on Syrians...it's just too close and too symbolic for them. If it happens I think it will just be Assad in his death throes. We all need to be hoping and praying that Israel doesn't decide to make the world stand up and take a step back by nuking Damascus. The noose seems to be closing internationally and sanctions probably not far off due to the E1 construction issue and illegitimate Palestinian "statehood". Cornering a powerful animal is usually a poor decision.

and then, don't you see that the reasons you gave would be reason enough for Assad not to use these gasses? Don't you think that the Assad regime is smart enough to know that them using sarin would only encourage outsiders to get involved on the side of the rebels? False Flag by the rebels. And despite anything they do withing thier own borders short of a nuke I say keep out of it. That includes poison. Llike i said before, let them kill eachother all they want then when there is a winner or cease of hostilities deal with the victor. No amount of tear jerking ploys will change my stance.

Screw war, and screw those that try to make me feel war is the right course.

and then, don't you see that the reasons you gave would be reason enough for Assad not to use these gasses? Don't you think that the Assad regime is smart enough to know that them using sarin would only encourage outsiders to get involved on the side of the rebels? False Flag by the rebels. And despite anything they do withing thier own borders short of a nuke I say keep out of it. That includes poison. Llike i said before, let them kill eachother all they want then when there is a winner or cease of hostilities deal with the victor. No amount of tear jerking ploys will change my stance.

Screw war, and screw those that try to make me feel war is the right course.

I have no interest in seeing a single US soldier die in Syria. But the reality is that if these things get used -REGARDLESS who does it - the US, Israel and probably Jordan are going in. It's an observation, not a deeply held need on my part.

All Dictators get taken down in the end as history has proven,its just a matter of time,but someone should do it before the ordinary people (including surrounding Countries) suffer another catastrophe.The population has suffered enough.

and then, don't you see that the reasons you gave would be reason enough for Assad not to use these gasses? Don't you think that the Assad regime is smart enough to know that them using sarin would only encourage outsiders to get involved on the side of the rebels?

Thats all fine and dandy now... but what happens when Assad feels that the only chance he has is to use the chemical weapons?

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Thats all fine and dandy now... but what happens when Assad feels that the only chance he has is to use the chemical weapons?

See the rest of my post where I state that short of using nukes let them do whatever they want to eachother and deal with whoever is in charge after? That's what I think, unconditionally. No amount of tear jerking efforts on the part of others is goint to change my mind. Tell you what. If the USA enters a civil war, I want all other countries to stay out of it and mind thier own beezwax despite what they hear may be happening. Civil wars should not be interfered with period.

You would allow thousands of innocent people to be slaughtered through the use of chemical weapons and not even lift a finger?

You would allow thousands of innocent people to be slaughtered through the use of chemical weapons and not even lift a finger?

Yes.

Let his own people and his own military get rid of him. It's thier problem not yours.

Can you tell me exactly why the people are in the process of overthrowing him. Don't guess answer yes or no. I'll wager nobody on this thread knows.

Im kinda torn on this one. On one hand I have no doubt what so ever that we would lie through our teeth to get involved in this war. On the other hand I have no doubt Assad would use these chemicals if it looked like his end was certain. Im keeping a close eye on this one.