Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Assad Getting Desperate ?

and-then

It's thier problem not yours.

Ill start applying that sentiment every day from now on. If Im ever witness to a violent rape, its her problem, not mine. Why should I get involved? :rolleyes:

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Ill start applying that sentiment every day from now on. If Im ever witness to a violent rape, its her problem, not mine. Why should I get involved? :rolleyes:

There you go just simplifying it. You aren't part of thier conflict. They are obviously capable of handling it themselves or Assad would have won by now. If you see a woman getting raped help her. If you see two people slugging it out on the street but have no idea who's in the right, why they're fighting, and nobody has the upper hand do you step between them? If yes, you are missing teeth. If one of them pulls a gun do you jump between them? If you do your probably full of bullet holes. None of your emotional baiting is going to work. You are not going to convince me there is a right time for a 3rd party to interfere with another countries civil war. Period. The only exception would be if they use nuclear weapons, then I say we get involved by nuking the whole place flat.

There you go just simplifying it. You aren't part of thier conflict. They are obviously capable of handling it themselves or Assad would have won by now. If you see a woman getting raped help her. If you see two people slugging it out on the street but have no idea who's in the right, why they're fighting, and nobody has the upper hand do you step between them? If yes, you are missing teeth. If one of them pulls a gun do you jump between them? If you do your probably full of bullet holes. None of your emotional baiting is going to work. You are not going to convince me there is a right time for a 3rd party to interfere with another countries civil war. Period. The only exception would be if they use nuclear weapons, then I say we get involved by nuking the whole place flat.

And what would you want to do if some of that material was used in a DC or NY subway? At the stadium where the Seahawks play? Once any of it gets into the hands of some shadow group there is no longer anyone to hold accountable. As it is now, if the sites were struck it is still Syria's responsibility. There are about 10000 US troops that have been training to go in and take control of these sites for a few months now in Jordan. It sounds like someone is taking the possibility pretty seriously.

And what would you want to do if some of that material was used in a DC or NY subway? At the stadium where the Seahawks play? Once any of it gets into the hands of some shadow group there is no longer anyone to hold accountable. As it is now, if the sites were struck it is still Syria's responsibility. There are about 10000 US troops that have been training to go in and take control of these sites for a few months now in Jordan. It sounds like someone is taking the possibility pretty seriously.

You're asking this because it has happened so often in the past i suppose. We know for a fact that Iraq had chemical weapons. The photos of entire villages of dead Kurds were paraded before us during operation desert storm. We never found the caches. Those unfound weapons have never been used at a seahawk game or in the NY subway or at disneyland on the small world ride. So if you were trying to change my mind, meh. Edited by OverSword

You're asking this because it has happened so often in the past i suppose. We know for a fact that Iraq had chemical weapons. The photos of entire villages of dead Kurds were paraded before us during operation desert storm. We never found the caches. Those unfound weapons have never been used at a seahawk game or in the NY subway or at disneyland on the small world ride. So if you were trying to change my mind, meh.

As far as troops training to go in....Really, so much money is made by private companies who lobby the government that I choose to remain cynical. Tell you what, the day some chemical weapons are used on me and they are proven to come from syria I'll admit I'm wrong. Aint gonna happen.

Your opinions are your own. I merely asked a question about when you would feel the need to intercede to stop this poison from being used against our country.

Your opinions are your own. I merely asked a question about when you would feel the need to intercede to stop this poison from being used against our country.

Do you consider sniper rifles a weapon for home defense? I mean potentially that guy walking down the street with a kinfe in his pocket could break into your house and rape your wife so why not shoot him before he can? (the answer is he probably won't so don't stress out about it)

When did Americans turn into such a bunch of worrying panty wastes?

They are obviously capable of handling it themselves or Assad would have won by now.

First of all, them handling themselves now is a far cry from handling themselves in a chemical attack.

Second of all, a chemical attack is indiscriminate. Thousands of innocent people would die.

Third of all, I wouldn't care even if they were capable of handling themselves in a chemical attack. It would be wrong and immoral for him to use chemical weapons. As such, if he does, he should be stopped by any and all means.

If you see a woman getting raped help her.

So youd stop an innocent woman from getting raped... but you wouldnt stop thousands of innocent woman from being killed by a chemical weapon?

If you see two people slugging it out on the street but have no idea who's in the right, why they're fighting, and nobody has the upper hand do you step between them?

Now you are simplifying it. If they are slugging it out, and I have no idea whos right, then thats one thing. When one of them starts getting beaten to a pulp. yes, I step in between them.

If one of them pulls a gun do you jump between them? If you do your probably full of bullet holes.

I guess thats the difference between you and I. While you feel its your purpose to stay out of the way and let people fend for themselves since you don't want to get hurt, I feel that I must do everything I can to help others.

I strongly recommend people actually do some research on this and not be taken in by everything the US and Zionists spews at you, I personally feel we have far more to fear from US foreign policy than anything Assad could fire into the sky, this isn't a Civil war, it turns out Jabhat al Nusra who are the main voice and opponents against Assad are terrorists linked to Al Quada, according to the US and was reported by Assad from day one. http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/12/02/176123/al-qaida-linked-group-syria-rebels.html

But hold on a minute we all know Al Quada is a fictitious CIA group, so just what are the US going on about, reports were that the CIA were heavily involved in arming these rebels who they now call Al Quada http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/21/world/middleeast/cia-said-to-aid-in-steering-arms-to-syrian-rebels.html?pagewanted=all

but I knew from other sources that most of Iraq's insurgents were pushed into Syria and Turkey as the Allies raced north into Iraq and so over the past ten yrs or so since and with help from the CIA and other agencies, they have managed to align with any and all anti Assad groups and turn Syria into what it is today, to destabilize one of the chief threats to Israel .http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/middle-east/syria-stops-insurgents-on-iraq-border,

If i can at least demonstrate the sheer level of BS that is propaganda, manipulation, scare tactics and downright lies, Syria has it all. The US are readying a ground offensive, incase Assad moves to fire poison, http://www.infowars.com/us-prepares-60000-ground-troops-for-post-assad-syria/

a likely excuse it worked first time so why not try it again, Assad has apparently asked south American countries for asylum, more likely a ground offensive is due to the rebels now claiming no one is safe not the US not Israel not anyone and that the insurgents have done a great job of destabilizing Syria but they cant have them turning into an even bigger threat to the region. http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/12/syrian-rebels-vow-to-conquer-israel-iran-and-spain.html

• Like 2

We have no business being involved in an internal conflict of another sovereign state. We are not the police of the world, do you not understand that? Pretending to be is part of the reason that many people dislike us. We always...whether right or wrong, are perceived as supporting "one side or the other" even when it is supposedly "peace keeping". I have to agree with Oversword on this...we need to mind to our own affairs.

The Middle east is quite capapble of handling their own issues. If you recall, while the "west" was in the dark ages, these folks were storing and preserving knowledge and the written word...they are not stupid and they do not need "interlopers" getting in the middle of it.

Even if they somehow drag Turkey or Israel into this thing...we need to keep our soldiers and our weapons completely out of it. Perhaps we can help in negotiations across a table but that should be absolutely the limit of our involvement...chemical/biological weapons or not.

Finally a little help. I was begining to think the psy-op to get other countries involved in syria had finally worked.

I guess thats the difference between you and I. While you feel its your purpose to stay out of the way and let people fend for themselves since you don't want to get hurt, I feel that I must do everything I can to help others.

snip*

I apologize for what I just snipped it was uncalled for. Stellar, I haven't related this too many times but let me tell you a story.

In November of 2011 I was walking to work at about 6:45 in the morning when I came across a man getting ready to jump off of a bridge 80 feet down on to the freeway. I talked to him for a while and delayed him but when the police pulled up he decided to go. I grabbed him by the hair and pulled him back over the edge. That's what kind of person I am so don't try to act like I lack courage or conviction just because I don't choose to believe everything i see on TV.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

We have no business being involved in an internal conflict of another sovereign state. We are not the police of the world, do you not understand that? Pretending to be is part of the reason that many people dislike us. We always...whether right or wrong, are perceived as supporting "one side or the other" even when it is supposedly "peace keeping". I have to agree with Oversword on this...we need to mind to our own affairs.

The Middle east is quite capapble of handling their own issues. If you recall, while the "west" was in the dark ages, these folks were storing and preserving knowledge and the written word...they are not stupid and they do not need "interlopers" getting in the middle of it.

Even if they somehow drag Turkey or Israel into this thing...we need to keep our soldiers and our weapons completely out of it. Perhaps we can help in negotiations across a table but that should be absolutely the limit of our involvement...chemical/biological weapons or not.

Turkey could do the job and still be left in decent standing in the Muslim community - even come out as heroes. But if Israel were to act - even in self defense - the crap would be ALL up in the fan. And in case you hadn't noticed - the M.E. has been the focal point for world problems for years now based on two imperatives - oil and Islam.

That's what kind of person I am so don't try to act like I lack courage or conviction just because I don't choose to believe everything i see on TV.

If your issue is that you don't believe Syria has chemical weapons, or you don't believe the accusations that they are preparing to use them --- fine. I can understand that, and I can understand not getting involved based on that. What I am saying is that if they do use chemical weapons and it is proven that they have used them and are currently using them, then I think that the world should do what it can to prevent the slaughter of innocent people.

• Like 1

If your issue is that you don't believe Syria has chemical weapons, or you don't believe the accusations that they are preparing to use them --- fine. I can understand that, and I can understand not getting involved based on that. What I am saying is that if they do use chemical weapons and it is proven that they have used them and are currently using them, then I think that the world should do what it can to prevent the slaughter of innocent people.

The problem is that the fringe types (no accusations against anyone here) will just say it was a false flag when the irrefutable, sickening pictures start being shown like those from Houla. I naively attempted to post up images from Halabja where Saddam slaughtered 5000 Kurds in the 80's and it got snipped -rightfully so...not sure what I was thinking. But the point is that it really doesn't matter WHO unleashes this stuff as much as it matters how we go about stopping it's release. Short of a nuclear blast I don't think there is anything made by the hand of man that is more horrific than this stuff. And if that weren't enough you have the Israelis watching a possible maniac ready to use GAS - of all things - to indiscriminately kill his own people. Three guesses how the story ends if he unleashes this stuff.

The problem is that the fringe types (no accusations against anyone here) will just say it was a false flag when the irrefutable, sickening pictures start being shown like those from Houla.

Unfortunately, in a chemical attack on a civilian population, there would infact be many, irrefutable, sickening pictures available of the result. As such, I wouldnt hold it against them if they didnt believe it until they saw pictures.

Unfortunately, in a chemical attack on a civilian population, there would infact be many, irrefutable, sickening pictures available of the result. As such, I wouldnt hold it against them if they didnt believe it until they saw pictures.

Yes, but my point is that some here are so convinced of the rightness of their opinions that they would just yell "false flag" at any outcome that seemed to challenge their world view. Much as I would be very hard pressed to believe that Israelis had committed a covert act of aggression against the US. We defend what we hold dear.