Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
sarah_444

"missing" posts

8 posts in this topic

Occasionally I notice that I can't see the last post in certain threads. I can see the latest poster when viewing the forums or searching, but when I click the thread their post doesn't show up. If I log out and view the thread as a guest I can read it, but if I'm signed in nothing shows up until someone else posts. After someone else posts I can the "missing" post.

I'm assuming it's just some glitch but was just curious if it ever happens to anyone else?

1 person likes this

When you go to a thread with a post not showing up, try hitting CTRL+F5 to refresh the page to force the browser cache to update.

It could be that your browser is showing a cached copy of the old page before the new post was added.

1 person likes this

Thanks Saru, I gave it a try but I still can't see it latest post unless I sign out. It seems to happen a lot in the Haiku thread (fun and games) but it could also be just where I notice it the most since I check the thread frequently.

Edit - Nothing happens at all when I hit CTRL+F5, should it be refreshing the page at least?

Edited by sarah_444

It's the ghosts !

3 people like this

Edit - Nothing happens at all when I hit CTRL+F5, should it be refreshing the page at least?

Yes it should, perhaps you have a different keyboard shortcut. Your browser should have a refresh button to reload the current page.

Sounds like the work of a Gremlin to me :w00t: !

1 person likes this

check out if you blocked certain users

Oh I've been clicking away at that refresh button alright! And no I don't have anyone blocked, I can still see the other posts and profile of the user with the missing post.

I dunno, but it's fixed for now. I just replied to the thread and the last post before mine finally showed up.