Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Detroit Council Rant: WE VOTED FOR YOU, OBAMA

F3SS

Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/detroit-councilwomans-actual-rant-we-voted-for-you-obama-now-give-us-some-of-that-govt-bacon/

DETROIT COUNCILWOMAN’S ACTUAL RANT: WE VOTED FOR YOU, OBAMA, NOW GIVE US SOME OF THAT GOV’T ‘BACON’

Speaking before the Detroit City Council on Tuesday, Councilwoman JoAnn Watson said President Barack Obama owes the ailing city a government bailout because its residents supported him in the 2012 presidential election.

“Our people in an overwhelming way supported the re-election of this president and there ought to be a quid pro quo and you ought to exercise leadership on that,” said Watson, according to FOX 2 Detroit. “Of course, not just that, but why not?”

“After the election of Jimmy Carter, the honorable Coleman Alexander Young [Detroit’s former mayor of 20 years and former vice chairman of the Democratic National Committee], he went to Washington, D.C. and came home with some bacon,” she added. “That’s what you do.”

As of this writing, the White House has announced no plans to bailout the crumbling Motor City.

Fox 2 News Headlines

But, you know, this video got us thinking: Following the 2012 presidential election, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and talk radio host Rush Limbaugh were savaged by top GOP leaders for saying President Barack Obama won because he promised to give people “free” stuff.

Romney accused the president of promising “gifts” to minorities, young voters, and women, while Limbaugh dubbed the president “Baracka Claus” (a play on “Santa Claus”).

“In a nation of children,” said Limbaugh, “Santa Claus wins.”

“It’s a proven political strategy, which is give a bunch of money to a group and, guess what, they’ll vote for you,” said Romney.

Romney continued:

What the president did is he gave them two things. One, he gave them a big gift on immigration with the DREAM Act amnesty program, which was obviously very, very popular with Hispanic voters, and then number two was Obamacare … For a home earning — let’s say $30,000 a year — free health care, which is worth about $10,000 a year, I mean it’s massive, it’s huge. So this — he did two very popular things for the Hispanic community.

Exit Question: Given the “tit-for-tat” sentiments expressed by the Detroit Councilwoman, how far off do you think Limbaugh and Gov. Romney are? That is, is it really so outrageous to say that some people voted for President Obama because they were hoping he’d give them “free” stuff?

...Wait, that's not how that went, right?

Edited by -Mr_Fess-
  • Like 1

Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you...

...Wait, that's not how that went, right?

Does it matter who the croonies decide to vote errr make the next next prez do. Voters dont decide a thing at least not normal folk ;) ask the banks rollers.

Its about putting your best foot forward and that means crap at least to the people. 330 million Americans and there vote is decided after the fact.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Obama wants sole authority to raise future debt limits, as stated by Geitner. When this country financially implodes, does it matter what our national debt is at the time? 17 trillion or 30 trillion, what is the diff? Obama wants to shell out money to Detroit, and about 2000 other cities around this country that need help desparately. When the crisis becomes apparent, Obama will dish out 2-4 trillion at one time to try to stop the bleeding, but the cut is already too deep. One way to get rid of greedy capitalism and the republicans all at one time is to hit the rocks hard and blame it all on the old constitution.

Not a gigantic surprise. I just do not understand the lack of understanding how money and economy work...oh wait...yes I do.

We have murdered education in this country and we do not turn out rational minded, critical thinkers anymore, we turn out indoctrinated sheep.

On one hand, the Gov has no one to blame but themselves. The education system is terrible and it's because of the Gov...On the other hand, it's partly our fault by not demanding better and letting the standards fall through the floor. "No child left behind" = "No child gets ahead either"

You want to know why people do not understand how economy works and why you can't just keep propping up failed institutions? Because they are ignorant and do not know any better. "Education!"...that little gem goes a long way in solving problems...

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1

Well, if Mr. Young went to D.C. and got money from Carter, shouldn't that lady be ranting for Mr. Bing to go to D.C. to get money from Obama instead of ranting that Obama should just send it on over?

• Like 1

Not a gigantic surprise. I just do not understand the lack of understanding how money and economy work...oh wait...yes I do.

We have murdered education in this country and we do not turn out rational minded, critical thinkers anymore, we turn out indoctrinated sheep.

On one hand, the Gov has no one to blame but themselves. The education system is terrible and it's because of the Gov...On the other hand, it's partly our fault by not demanding better and letting the standards fall through the floor. "No child left behind" = "No child gets ahead either"

You want to know why people do not understand how economy works and why you can't just keep propping up failed institutions? Because they are ignorant and do not know any better. "Education!"...that little gem goes a long way in solving problems...

Not only education failing, the dumbing down of the public comes also in the forms of foods we consume, even flouridated water has been shown to pacify over time. TV, the primary propaganda outlet is equally to blame.

• Like 2

JoAnn Watson is a perfect example of the fact that americans no longer take responsability for their actions. Its always someone or something others fault. Its her city, shes on the city council. She made the mess, she should fix!

I understand that is a generlization. I'm just making the point that the Detroit "government" is responsable for the state of their city, so instead of whinning, blaming others and figuring they deserve a hand out, roll up your sleeves and get to work fixing the problems you created.

You want some bacon, well clean the kitchen, and warm up the frying pan first!

• Like 1

This is her asking for bacon, even gesturing how much. Lady, bacon is the last thing you need. joanne-watson.jpg

• Like 1

This is her asking for bacon, even gesturing how much. Lady, bacon is the last thing you need.

lol...couldn't agree more. Might as well let the handouts commence at our expense, it will anyway regardless. I think I need to watch office space again and proceed to not care. While I'm at it, I don't think I like paying bills anymore either, just like that guy.

Edited by WoIverine

lol...couldn't agree more. Might as well let the handouts commence at our expense, it will anyway regardless. I think I need to watch office space again and proceed to not care. While I'm at it, I don't think I like paying bills anymore either, just like that guy.

Yea that sounds nice but I'm doomed to work and be productive and responsible for my own actions because I didn't vote for the bacon supplying pig. Edited by -Mr_Fess-

Detroit is in bad shape, and idiots like this lady certainly don't help. There is a sickening sense of entitlement culture going on there.

• Like 2