Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Military Observing US cities with drones

OverSword

What exactly do you need privacy For? What does it Add to your life? Why are you greedy for it?

I thought the thread was about loss of privacy due to drones flying over US cities. Is that not what it is about?

If we want to get nekkid in our own back yard, where no one would be able to see us, we don't want some drone to be flying overhead taking pictures of the general area. If a man wants to go behind the boulders or a bush and take a p***, instead of tracking dirt into the house, fine. If we wanted to live in a place where neighbors could see every move we make we would live in one of those neighborhoods with the houses crammed together without any sense of privacy.

I know people that live in houses, that are mostly glass, in the woods and they feel no need for window coverings. It seems creepy to me that someone could be playing with this new little toy filming them in the bathtub/shower or in the privacy of their bedroom. The same with skyscrapers in big cities. Whereas someone would have to have a telescope to see in their windows this little thing can have a grand time legally being a voyeur.

It's not that anyone is doing anything inherently wrong...it's that we don't want to be watched in our everyday lives. It would no doubt be misused.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

That is not an answer either... ???

I asked an honest question and you are giving me bullsh*t answers.

If you don't know, or can't articulate it, just say so.

Fair enough, sorry you didn't like my BS answer, I thought it was pretty funny.

The best way I can explain it is I'm a small government type and don't believe that the government or any other authority has the right to document what I'm doing outside of a legitimate warranted legal investigation, and part of my right to and expection of privacy is that an explanation as to why I want privacy is not required. The onus for wanting to observe and record private citizens is on the observer not the observed, so in other words I dont need a reason. I already have my picture taken many times a day walking into my office, riding the bus downtown, withdrawing funds from the ATM etc. I definetly don't want or need the military watching and recording my movements. I don't know what they would do with this information or why they would be gathering it. I don't trust people or entities with power over me and nobody should. They are the ones that should be watched documented and regulated, not the private individuals of our nation. There is also the fact that to operate any vehicle it costs money. How does the military get money? From we the people and no other way. Don't waste my ****g money, I'm sick of it. Do you feel these aren't good enough reasons and I should just be happy to live in thier little fish bowl, my every move potentially open to scrutiny of lord only knows who?

I answered as best I could, now you go ahaed and tell me why you feel there is a need for the military to keep tabs on you.

• Like 1

If we want to get nekkid in our own back yard, where no one would be able to see us, we don't want some drone to be flying overhead taking pictures of the general area. If a man wants to go behind the boulders or a bush and take a p***, instead of tracking dirt into the house, fine. If we wanted to live in a place where neighbors could see every move we make we would live in one of those neighborhoods with the houses crammed together without any sense of privacy.

I know people that live in houses, that are mostly glass, in the woods and they feel no need for window coverings. It seems creepy to me that someone could be playing with this new little toy filming them in the bathtub/shower or in the privacy of their bedroom. The same with skyscrapers in big cities. Whereas someone would have to have a telescope to see in their windows this little thing can have a grand time legally being a voyeur.

It's not that anyone is doing anything inherently wrong...it's that we don't want to be watched in our everyday lives. It would no doubt be misused.

Oversword is on about when walking outside in public areas like walking to shops or going around in car. If he does not want anyone know what he is doing then suspicion is growing

Fair enough, sorry you didn't like my BS answer, I thought it was pretty funny.

The best way I can explain it is I'm a small government type and don't believe that the government or any other authority has the right to document what I'm doing outside of a legitimate warranted legal investigation, and part of my right to and expection of privacy is that an explanation as to why I want privacy is not required. The onus for wanting to observe and record private citizens is on the observer not the observed, so in other words I dont need a reason. I already have my picture taken many times a day walking into my office, riding the bus downtown, withdrawing funds from the ATM etc. I definetly don't want or need the military watching and recording my movements. I don't know what they would do with this information or why they would be gathering it. I don't trust people or entities with power over me and nobody should. They are the ones that should be watched documented and regulated, not the private individuals of our nation. There is also the fact that to operate any vehicle it costs money. How does the military get money? From we the people and no other way. Don't waste my ****g money, I'm sick of it. Do you feel these aren't good enough reasons and I should just be happy to live in thier little fish bowl, my every move potentially open to scrutiny of lord only knows who?

I answered as best I could, now you go ahaed and tell me why you feel there is a need for the military to keep tabs on you.

Why would the military be wasting millions of dollars just on you?

Oversword is on about when walking outside in public areas like walking to shops or going around in car. If he does not want anyone know what he is doing then suspicion is growing

Not really...

That is a perfect example of how something like this can be abused. If this is all it takes to put someone under suspicion I may as well be put on that list too, because I feel the same way.

Not really...

That is a perfect example of how something like this can be abused. If this is all it takes to put someone under suspicion I may as well be put on that list too, because I feel the same way.

but why are you hiding? done something wrong? are you afraid?

but why are you hiding? done something wrong? are you afraid?

You dont understand that someone might just not want to be watched 24/7?

Your line of logic can be used to justify anything. Lets start confining people to their homes whenever they're not working. You'll be safer that way. What? You want to go to the park? Why? To meet a terrorist?

• Like 2

AFAIK, these are not hover capably drones, they are small unmanned planes. What you are fearing could be done by any of the tens of thousands of small planes, and helicopters, that fly over every day. The chance of being watched already exists and these drones probably only add to that to the order of 2 or 3%.

Not sure that a valuable governement bit of property like a drone would be used to go out to random locations to video random people doing random things. Seems very unlikely. How many police helicopters just fly out to the country to try to film nekkid people in their backyards??

Might as well be the brown shirts walking around in the 30`s in Germany. Ya that was cool.

• Like 1

The best way I can explain it is I'm a small government type and don't believe that the government or any other authority has the right to document what I'm doing outside of a legitimate warranted legal investigation, and part of my right to and expection of privacy is that an explanation as to why I want privacy is not required.

I can understand that.

The onus for wanting to observe and record private citizens is on the observer not the observed, so in other words I dont need a reason. I already have my picture taken many times a day walking into my office, riding the bus downtown, withdrawing funds from the ATM etc. I definetly don't want or need the military watching and recording my movements.

But, do you agree with the reasoning behind the cameras at the ATM, the bus and the entrances to buildings? Aren't the drones just mobile platforms performing the same purpose?

Is it simply their mobile nature that is the issue? Or do you think that ATMs should be blind, buses should be blind and building entrances should be blind?

Don't waste my ****g money, I'm sick of it.

I don't think of it as wasted. These drones could track criminals, recon police activitles, help locate illegals, and monitor other activities that will greatly assist police and other security forces with their activities.

If you fear the police and homeland security, then you've got bigger fish anyway.

Do you feel these aren't good enough reasons and I should just be happy to live in thier little fish bowl, my every move potentially open to scrutiny of lord only knows who?

I feel that the fishbowl is not so little. I feel that 99.99% of your activities are going to go unnoticed and undocumented. Maybe you'd see a drone once every three or four months. I don't think that is too much to ask for the possible benefits that are possible it they are used right.

The military, as defined by the Constitution is there to defend the homeland, right? So there is a defense reason for the drones to exist. And there is a need for training for the drones. And how are the citizens to tell the military drones from the police or homeland security drones... Which also would have valid reasons to be flying around?

As I said earlier there is no reason for the military to keep tabs on random people in random places, at random times. Their budget of money and time is going to require justification as to the use of these assets. Joe Average is never going to be targeted. Julio Illegal might, and Johnny Crimnal might, and Fred the drug dealer might, but not Joe Normal. There are 300,000,000+ people in the USA and like, what 150 drones?? How are the drones going to each get around to spying on two million people each. That is like one for the entire state of Oregon.

Might as well be the brown shirts walking around in the 30`s in Germany. Ya that was cool.

Yeah.... :rolleyes:

Police Drones = Take over of Poland (Not!)

Edited by DieChecker

Giving excuses for the military to deploy its own function on foriengn entities to it`s own people is a sighn of what.

• Like 1

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

You dont understand that someone might just not want to be watched 24/7?

Your line of logic can be used to justify anything. Lets start confining people to their homes whenever they're not working. You'll be safer that way. What? You want to go to the park? Why? To meet a terrorist?

How is the government going to watch Joe Average 24/7? They are going to devote a multi-million dollar drone to watching some random guy in the off chance he takes a wizz in the woods, or walks nakid on his back porch, or hoping that they commit a homicide on camera? That just is not going to happen. Bigfoot will run for President first. Obama will get rid of Social Security all together first.

Yeah.... :rolleyes:

Police Drones = Take over of Poland (Not!)

hear no evil see no evil speak no evil. Yup that the wave comming but shhhhhh

How is the government going to watch Joe Average 24/7? They are going to devote a multi-million dollar drone to watching some random guy in the off chance he takes a wizz in the woods, or walks nakid on his back porch, or hoping that they commit a homicide on camera? That just is not going to happen. Bigfoot will run for President first. Obama will get rid of Social Security all together first.

It`s illegal to be spied on with out a warrent.

Giving excuses for the military to deploy its own function on foriengn entities to it`s own people is a sighn of what.

It is not a excuse if it is true. Where is the military going to get tens of trillions to spy on hundreds of thousands of people? And why would they spy on those totally undeserving people?

Drones = Military Takeover = Total Conspiricy Theory.

It is not a excuse if it is true. Where is the military going to get tens of trillions to spy on hundreds of thousands of people? And why would they spy on those totally undeserving people?

Drones = Military Takeover = Total Conspiricy Theory.

your comment of tens of trillions makes your post rather funny

It`s illegal to be spied on with out a warrent.

No it is not. There is no expectation of privacy from public property, like a road. And the sky is the ultimate in public property. If you owned a home in the middle of 1000 acres, I could still fly over it legally, and film whatever I wanted with good equipment. I could also sit on the closest public road and do the same with good quality equipment.

Unless I wanted to do something illegal with those videos, I'd be within my rights to make them.

your comment of tens of trillions makes your post rather funny

How much would millions of drones, drone operators, and the recording equipment and computers cost??

The drones alone cost 2.4 million each.

Millions times millions equals trillions.

Edited by DieChecker

hear no evil see no evil speak no evil. Yup that the wave comming but shhhhhh

Yes. a handful of drones is going to lead to the fall of the USA.

No it is not. There is no expectation of privacy from public property, like a road. And the sky is the ultimate in public property. If you owned a home in the middle of 1000 acres, I could still fly over it legally, and film whatever I wanted with good equipment. I could also sit on the closest public road and do the same with good quality equipment.

Unless I wanted to do something illegal with those videos, I'd be within my rights to make them.

Can police with out authority commit any type of suvaliance they seem fit with out being authorized.

• Like 1

How much would millions of drones, drone operators, and the recording equipment and computers cost??

The drones alone cost 2.4 million each.

Millions times millions equals trillions.

so military spending means nothing as the fiscal cliff looms and you want trillions of dollars of clones to watch american citicizans. Ummm

Yes. a handful of drones is going to lead to the fall of the USA.

Like the african bee just a few could do no harm

Grow a set before the world has to pay for the great US blunder.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Can police with out authority commit any type of suvaliance they seem fit with out being authorized.

Nope. But they could do serveilence from public property on anyone at any time.

man your constitution has been raped front and back. Might as well say you don`t have one.

Nope. But they could do serveilence from public property on anyone at any time.

you can do better than that