Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nurse who put Aussie prank call thru,dead

Simbi Laveau

Maybe she murdered Jacintha for that very reason. It certainly took the attention off of her for the moment.

Wow, talk about jumping to conclusions.

• Like 1

Regardless of the fact that she had other issues going on in her life, the prank these 2 shockjocks pulled on

her was the final straw that broke the camels back. They are responsible.

They never should of done this and will regret it forever. They have been suspended from their jobs ,facebook and twitter accounts closed

and are in hiding. Talk about a prank gone wrong.To assume that everyone is the same was a fault in their personality

because we're not. Some people are fragile, which she was and they never took that into account . Their fault period.

• Like 4

I just read this and I feel very sad for this poor woman. :cry: I don't know what background she was from, but going by the name She doesn't sound like she is of English stock, I'm thinking some kind of Asian. In my experience foreign women are almost always conscientious, hard working, polite, and humble folk. for something like this to happen to her would absolutely mortify her. Come on, the Queen of your adopted country phones you up, and asks how her Daughter in Law is. Whats the protocol there?

I'm totally speculating but it wouldn't suprise me at all if even before this she perhaps felt inferior to her fellow workers. Which is something that us English folk are quite good at making foreigners feel albeit unintentionally most of the time! And dare I say it, I bet she got some stick for it after too. Perhaps it was just light hearted? Other cultures just don't english banter. She probably did have other problems in here private life, which added to it, but come on now, who doesnt?

As for those DJ's come on they are not much more than kids trying to make it in showbiz and having fun, you can't put it all on them, I thought it was actually quite funny myself, and love the radio here in Ireland, some of these DJ's are hilarious with the prank calls. I've just read a quote in a paper that said "them foreign DJ's should be strung up" I mean come on now WTF!

Personally if anyones to blame it is the lawyers that said it was ok, and the radio station itself for letting it happen (if they knew about it before!)

Another point is. Why does a trained nurse (who is more than likely under enough pressure as it is) have to answer a phone? There should be a phone operator there 24hr a day, this isnt some tinpot clinic, this is the private hospital that the future Queen of England is being treated at! But there has to be an obscene profit for the shareholders I guess!

This whole affair is just tragic, I really feel for that poor woman, and her family!

/rant

• Like 3

very good point

Medical workers tend to have a high degree of post traumatic stress disorder ,and suicide is more common than people know .

Her job sounded very important to her . I think she may have had depression issues ,but how can anyone know what that kind of public outcry feels like .

I imagine the pressure was tremendous ,and she couldn't handle it..

Those are usually the BEST medical personnel ,because they actually care .

• Like 2

I think it's strange that she would kill herself in an alley. She had kids... there had to be more going on than just the prank. Perhaps the prank pushed her over the edge but couldn't be the only reason.

All she did was transfer a phone call. It's not like she blabbed the Duchess' personal info like the other nurse...which brings me to another point, in the US it is illegal to discuss someones private medical information with anyone, even a spouse, without consent. Minors of course, excluded, but even then information goes only to the parents/legal guardians.

That nurse committed a serious breach of confidentiality, she would be fired here.

Maybe she murdered Jacintha for that very reason. It certainly took the attention off of her for the moment.

The two DJs are retards but it's not their fault she died. If anything they can only be blamed for starting the chain of events that led to this mess.

In the USA ,what the nurses did is violation of HIPA laws.

Huge fines ,and loss of your professional license is what can happen to you here,but I think our authorities would have held the DJs responsible ,for the initial crime,but the nurses would have been held accountable in some way.

Or maybe the royal family's minions offed her for said breach in trust :no:

Eitherway, my sympathies for her family... :unsure2:

Edited by Bavarian Raven

I worked in a hospital as a student years ago.. The doctors, head nurses ect would ball anyone out for the slightest mistake and raised hell if needed ..

If this happened at the hospital I once worked in, I would say that nurse would have been grilled and her head bitten off for falling for such a prank..In fact, I'd dare say a lot of the staff would have made it hell for her, and likely made her think she was going to face jail time too..

Because I have witnessed nurses and even some doctors getting chewed out for simple mishaps, if a royal was in their care and this happened, I would lay money that that nurse would have faced a lot of heat... If she took her own life afterwards, the hospital would then say - "We didn't blame her, nor did we discipline her for it".. They would have to say that to cover their own asses, as they wouldn't want people to think she faced hell and took her life as a result.. And we know that this prank did cause an uproar !!

I am not suggesting this is what happened to the nurse, but I do know she would have faced hell at my local hospital .

That prank was indeed messed up and not a bit funny.. I feel sorry for the poor nurse that took her life

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 7

Major companies have also pulled ads from the station.

• Like 1

I think some of the view here are extremely harsh towards the lady in question.

Try and view it from her point of view.

She has made a terrible mistake, and as a result has failed her duty of care to her patients failed in her professional conduct, almost certainly lost her job, faces global humiliation, ridicule and scorn. Everyone will know her, she will be dogged by the press for the foreseeable future, she may even be arrested.

Her life, as she knew it, is essentially over.

In the heat of the moment, how do you escape the horror of your situation? what do you do? you make it go away. How do you do that? you die.

She made a bad call, and the pressure it must have placed upon her would have been massive. And she snapped.

Ive seen people rage out and do things that get them arrested, people rage out at stab their partners on a daily basis. All this poor lady did was, under immense stress and with a life-outlook in tatters due to recent events, took the only way out.

I cant say alot of other people would not do the same.

• Like 6

I agree. It was a tastless joke but still, it's nothing to end your life over, and any half-way stable and reasonable sane person knows this. The question that should be asked is why such a fragile person is placed in such a high pressure environment?

Unions

She has made a terrible mistake, and as a result has failed her duty of care to her patients failed in her professional conduct, almost certainly lost her job, faces global humiliation, ridicule and scorn. Everyone will know her, she will be dogged by the press for the foreseeable future, she may even be arrested.

In the heat of the moment, how do you escape the horror of your situation? what do you do? you make it go away. How do you do that? you die.

She made a bad call, and the pressure it must have placed upon her would have been massive. And she snapped.

Ive seen people rage out and do things that get them arrested, people rage out at stab their partners on a daily basis. All this poor lady did was, under immense stress and with a life-outlook in tatters due to recent events, took the only way out.

It is nice to see logic is not divorced from compassion.

This is a bit odd.

Giving confidential information to an impostor over the phone resulting in suicide of the nurse that gave said information to the impostor?

It kinda does sound like she was murdered for what she did...but why?

I know its a crazy theory, but still something to consider...but we can't jump to conclusions here.

This is a bit odd.

Giving confidential information to an impostor over the phone resulting in suicide of the nurse that gave said information to the impostor?

I know its a crazy theory, but still something to consider...but we can't jump to conclusions here.

i thought she merely patched the call through to the nurse who did give the information. am i getting this wrong?

• Like 1

I worked in a hospital as a student years ago.. The doctors, head nurses ect would ball anyone out for the slightest mistake and raised hell if needed ..

If this happened at the hospital I once worked in, I would say that nurse would have been grilled and her head bitten off for falling for such a prank..In fact, I'd dare say a lot of the staff would have made it hell for her, and likely made her think she was going to face jail time too..

Because I have witnessed nurses and even some doctors getting chewed out for simple mishaps, if a royal was in their care and this happened, I would lay money that that nurse would have faced a lot of heat... If she took her own life afterwards, the hospital would then say - "We didn't blame her, nor did we discipline her for it".. They would have to say that to cover their own asses, as they wouldn't want people to think she faced hell and took her life as a result.. And we know that this prank did cause an uproar !!

I am not suggesting this is what happened to the nurse, but I do know she would have faced hell at my local hospital .

That prank was indeed messed up and not a bit funny.. I feel sorry for the poor nurse that took her life

This is exactly what has been bothering me all day too BM. The stance of the hospital that the nurse had their full support and that they didn't blame her is completely disengenuous - why would she feel so depressed about something she was being positively supported in dealing with? I call BS from the Hospital Admin on this, she must have had to deal with something more than being told she had inadvertantly transferred a hoax call to the nurse on duty in Kate's ward? Seriously, since when is transferring a call enough on it's own to make someone feel suicidal?

The prank was messed up but hardly serious, what was serious was the nurse giving all those details over the phone to said Queen - not the nurse's fault because she had no way of knowing if it was kosher to tell the Queen of England "I'm sorry that is private information and due to patient confidentiality blah, blah", yes that nurse was placed in an awkward position by fraudsters, yet she did not commit suicide. It seems that the finger was pointed at the receptionist for putting the call through and likely announcing that it was the Queen on the line, there is no way they stood behind her when it all blew up by what happened next, I just can't see them patting her on the back and saying "it's ok, it's not your fault", I too have known way to many management types who a name and head to roll so they can cast aside blame from themselves for poor procedues etc.

As you say, we can't know for sure but like I said it's been niggling at me and I smell a rat outside of them two DJ's in this.

• Like 2

Just a few more things ..

That article is a mish mash and completely unclear as to what took place and when.

The fact she committed suicide being related to the prank - where is the evidence this was the cause? Was there a note? Did she tell someone she was going to do this because she felt so bad, and if so, why was she allowed out of the hospital ? Especially if, as they claim, they were so wholly supportive of her?

It happened in an alley near the hospital, how odd - she left the hospital in an extremely depressed state, after she had received support?

I am a royalist. If i was looking after the queens grandsons wife in the best hospital in europe i would be quite happy. If i then recieved a call from the queen and prince charles i would be very excited.

If the following day i was told that it wasnt the queen and i commited a crime by giving out personal information of the royal family i would be devestated. Firstly, because my good job was likely to get rid of me and because the whole world heard her excitment and was laughing at her.

In no way was she unstable and i suggest that any of you in her situation may have done the same. I live in NZ and i heard the phone call. I doubt there was any place she could have escaped to get away from it.

Thats pretty much what I think. I think she wouldve been proud to know who was in the hospital she was working in and for it to all then be turned into a joke wouldve been very painful for her considering.

I would say that nurse would have been grilled and her head bitten off for falling for such a prank..In fact, I'd dare say a lot of the staff would have made it hell for her, *Snip* if a royal was in their care and this happened, I would lay money that that nurse would have faced a lot of heat... If she took her own life afterwards, the hospital would then say - "We didn't blame her, nor did we discipline her for it".. They would have to say that to cover their own asses, as they wouldn't want people to think she faced hell and took her life as a result..

I think that too. I think it wouldve been very hard around her work colleagues and her boss. I think they likely made her feel shame and like she had shamed the hospitals reputation. It is hard to imagine everyone being supportive to her.

Anyway it was horrible news to read this morning but I also feel sorry for DJ's. They have to live with this too and its like a stain on them. Also when I read people saying they should punish the DJ's, I tend to think the only reason DJ's do this kind of thing is because a large portion of the population enjoys it. So it's almost like punishing the gladiators at the colosseum for their fighting. We give them a thumbs down this time but most of the time they get a thumbs up.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

It's also possible she didnt want to shame her family . Her kids will be teased at school .There's a lot of things going on,when something of this magnitude occurs.

You lose all privacy ,and your family suffers .

Just a few more things ..

That article is a mish mash and completely unclear as to what took place and when.

The fact she committed suicide being related to the prank - where is the evidence this was the cause? Was there a note? Did she tell someone she was going to do this because she felt so bad, and if so, why was she allowed out of the hospital ? Especially if, as they claim, they were so wholly supportive of her?

It happened in an alley near the hospital, how odd - she left the hospital in an extremely depressed state, after she had received support?

The nurses said that after what happened, she felt sad and very Lonely

Anyway why do grown up adults need to prank? It's sad and pathetic

• Like 3

The nurses said that after what happened, she felt sad and very Lonely

Anyway why do grown up adults need to prank? It's sad and pathetic

feeling Lonely amongst your work colleagues translates into feeling unsupported and victimised imo.

Its a sad situation, we had a nurse 110% dedication to her job, that the sense of humiliation was all to much. this poor girl would have been hounded by the press not just local but world press the moment she walked out the hospital to go home, no doubt this coupled with a meeting with hospital management proved all to much, and to her it must have seemed like the walls were closing in. its sad when someone thinks the only way out is to end it all.

The Royal Family didn't even lodge a complaint against any of the staff. and no one i know was blaming the staff involved. it was no big deal outside of the tabloid bubble - its sad no one told her that.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

This is exactly what has been bothering me all day too BM. The stance of the hospital that the nurse had their full support and that they didn't blame her is completely disengenuous - why would she feel so depressed about something she was being positively supported in dealing with? I call BS from the Hospital Admin on this, she must have had to deal with something more than being told she had inadvertantly transferred a hoax call to the nurse on duty in Kate's ward? Seriously, since when is transferring a call enough on it's own to make someone feel suicidal?

I agree with you.. I have seen a few nurses and other hospital staff break down over slight mishaps in the past.. If they gave her hell over it, it would not surprise me..

I remember back in my days as a 20 year old student..I saw a trainee nurse get a call to a ward where an old woman had soiled herself and fell.. The trainee nurse let out a small gasp with her hand over her mouth.. it was minor.. But after the clean up and all was sorted, that trainee nurse was seen leaving the office in tears, she was put on a warning..almost fired for that one gasp .. Working in that hospital was like walking on egg shells, you had to watch your every move..

When I was attending my hospital appointment while still pregnant with little Aaron, they were trying to draw blood from me.. The nurse could not get one of my vain up.. She was lightly tapping my arm and getting nowhere.... I told her to slap my arm over and over hard until she got a vain..I too was slapping the arm off myself lol.... A doctor walked in and saw the nurse slapping my arm and she looked at us in horror... I spoke up and said - I asked the nurse to slap my arm and I too am trying to help..The doctor smiled with relief..

All you could hear from me was - Come on, you can slap my arm harder than that? My unborn son has kicked me harder lol They laughed it off.. But I can imagine if I had not said a thing, that nurse most likely would have faced trouble !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Its a sad situation, we had a nurse 110% dedication to her job, that the sense of humiliation was all to much. this poor girl would have been hounded by the press not just local but world press the moment she walked out the hospital to go home, no doubt this coupled with a meeting with hospital management proved all to much, and to her it must have seemed like the walls were closing in. its sad when someone thinks the only way out is to end it all.

The Royal Family didn't even lodge a complaint against any of the staff. and no one i know was blaming the staff involved. it was no big deal outside of the tabloid bubble - its sad no one told her that.

I read that William and Kate were deeply saddened from hearing of her death... The entire situation was truly sad.. That prank could have sent off a chain reaction of sheer hell.. With the uproar over it, the nurse taking her own life...What if poor Kate being in the early stages of pregnancy and her hormones playing up ( as in most cases they do ) and so Kate suffers from the horrors of what she has heard and miscarries? I am glad she didn't , The thing about women in the early stages of pregnancy, it is vital not to upset them and get them worked up...

I recall in my early stages of pregnancy, I would have blamed myself on just about anything that went wrong, even if I was not involved.. Pregnancy hormones can do that easy.. I am glad Kate is ok now, but I am sad for the nurse and her family .. The people I blame for creating such a sad situation are the pranksters, they kicked it off and it snowballed

Edited by Beckys_Mom

This is a bit odd.

Idiot no.2