Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nurse who put Aussie prank call thru,dead

Simbi Laveau

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244608/Jacintha-Saldanha-Excellent-nurse-took-Kate-Middleton-prank-phone-dead-suspected-suicide.html?ICO=most_read_module

The nurse that transfered the prank call,from 2 Australian radio hosts ,trying to get details on Kate Middletons condition ,has been found dead ,of a suspected suicide .

Kate and William were very saddened by the news.

The woman was said to be an excellent nurse,and is survived by two children .

This is beyond tragic . I hope those two radio idiots lose their jobs .

• Like 4

She must have felt like she let everyone down ,and was just devastated by the publicity .

I'm sure the nurse who took the call,and answered questions,feels humiliated as well.

Uncool

• Like 7

surely you arnt allowed to prank call emergency services, impersonate some ones parents to get infomation on some one, when did it become alrite to do these things.

• Like 2

The DJ's are not to blame. This woman obviously had issues before this. If you're going to kill yourself over something like a harmless radio joke, you've already been teetering on the edge. I've had the misfortune of knowing 6 people who've killed themselves. Trust me, if it wasn't this to set her off it would've been something else.

• Like 5

i read the article but i have no idea what is going on, or what went on to be more precise.

can someone fill me in? it sounds like a bit of overdo on the nurse's part. what exactly happened that caused her to off herself?

Let's be honest. This type of thing does not make you kill yourself. This woman had other things going on that led to her suicide should be obvious.

I don't know if we can imagine how humiliated she felt,ifo the entire country ,and the world ,and I'm betting she loved the royal family .

As Americans ,we don't get this . I think she felt like she let the royal family down ,and couldn't handle it .

She may have been emotionally fragile,but pressure like that must be unbelievable .

• Like 9

She chose to end her life, those DJs didn't.

well you sound like a very nice person, my mistake.

i read the article but i have no idea what is going on, or what went on to be more precise.

can someone fill me in? it sounds like a bit of overdo on the nurse's part. what exactly happened that caused her to off herself?

. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4682306/Aussie-DJs-prank-call-pregnant-Kates-private-hospital.html

• Like 1

I bet these guys are quaking in their boots,because they've had a lot of hate mail,switched off their twitter accounts.and there is a LOT of Royalists in Oz land.

• Like 4

A couple of radio DJ's from Australia prank called the hospital where Kate was staying for a few days. If I understood correctly, the nurse who died is who picked up the call on the general switchboard and put the call through to a nurses station.

I think it's over the top as well, but I'm from a different culture. We have a long media prank culture here and no royal family, so I kind of don't get it. It could be that her death was accidental.

• Like 1

surely you arnt allowed to prank call emergency services, impersonate some ones parents to get infomation on some one, when did it become alrite to do these things.

I agree. It was a tastless joke but still, it's nothing to end your life over, and any half-way stable and reasonable sane person knows this. The question that should be asked is why such a fragile person is placed in such a high pressure environment?
  • Like 3

I agree. It was a tastless joke but still, it's nothing to end your life over, and any half-way stable and reasonable sane person knows this. The question that should be asked is why such a fragile person is placed in such a high pressure environment?

very good point

She got what she wanted. No one else is to blame.

Shameless!

Are you a shock Jock IRL?

IMO, they need to be extraditied from OZ to the UK and they should face some form of justice for what they did, even if it's just an apology to the victims they need to atone for this..

I'm not a royalist, in-fact I'm anti royal... But that is no excuse for their actions of; Invasion of privacy, Impersonating others, Deception to gain unlawfull access to personal information, and not in the least, causing emotional harm to the victims including Kate, William, and the nurse..

What those Sock Jocks did was a crime... Period!

• Like 7

So, not to act brain-dead here, but how did she commit suicide?

• Like 1

theres no proof of ill mental health but from the evidance gathered in the short amount of time it does seem like she just commited suicide because of a prank. if she hadnt taken her life, id put money on people giving her alot of grief over not doing her job properly. (even tho she was)

• Like 1

So, not to act brain-dead here, but how did she commit suicide?

It's not clear from the article. I was just thinking, maybe it wasn’t even a suicide, she might as well had a heart-attack. I know I would.

Unlike “celebrities”, most sane people do not want to be in the news, they do not want the media attention, they do not want to be associated with retarded invasions of privacy.

There’s very clear line between only a game (what we do in fun&games on UM, mutual, consensual and in light heart) and real life with real grim consequences.

• Like 3

I just have to say this. Maybe "hatecraft" was a little blunt when he said, "She got what she wanted. No one else is to blame." However, he is correct. When someone tries to kill themselves and succeeds, they do in fact get what they wanted, which is to die. I agree that no one is to blame except the person who commits the act upon themselves. The sad fact is that there are so many people out there fighting internal battles and no one ever really knows what they may say or do to that person that may push them over the edge.

To "Armchair Educated" and "Professor T"; how do you know that your replies to "hatecraft" won't be the final thing to set him off? You don't. We can't all go around on eggshells afraid that any biting remark or even harmless joke just might be the cause of someone's suicide. People who commit suicide are dealing with a whole host of issues and the sad fact is that if you take your own life, there is no one to blame but yourself.

• Like 7

I agree that (if it even was suicide) she must have been unstable or had a lot of other things going on in her life on top of this. But sometimes when you're on the verge, you need a good thing to happen to make you change your mind, or a bad thing to happen to make you give up completely.

The dj's were the bad thing that happened.

It's like the suicide note from a man that said "If ONE person smiles at me as I walk to the bridge, I won't jump." He jumped.

• Like 2

The DJ's are not to blame. This woman obviously had issues before this. If you're going to kill yourself over something like a harmless radio joke, you've already been teetering on the edge. I've had the misfortune of knowing 6 people who've killed themselves. Trust me, if it wasn't this to set her off it would've been something else.

That's something of an assumption. You don't know how fragile she was.

The joke wasn't harmless. It tricked two people into committing acts of gross misconduct. Breaching patients' rights to confidentiality is a sackable offence. Sure, there are mitigating circumstances, but that coupled with the publicity could be pretty traumatic.

I agree, she probably wasn't the most robust person, but I don't think it's right to say that something else would have eventually triggered her suicide.

• Like 4