Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 6
Still Waters

How Did the Oracle at Delphi Really Prophesy?

35 posts in this topic

According to the Greek mythology there were some kind of fumes in the Oracle of Delphi – which could have been of course just incense. We do not know what kind of fumes it was, which makes the fumes theory a hypothesis at the moment.

In my opinion it wasn't just that. Greek mythology mentions secrete weapons and an entrance to the center of the Earth. Which probably explains why the Nazi’s in the Second World War made a secret underground tunnel (complete with a metallic structure, ladders and lights) under Delphi searching for something. It is known that the Nazi’s searched for relics all over the world, which means that they had found something under Delphi – and no one knows what this was. I have personally been to that tunnel in Delphi, which is now only known to a very few old people who lived during the Second World War - and soon will become a legend.

You cannot go at the end of the tunnel because you need diving equipment at some point. Maybe during a specific time of the year it is not flooded. Who knows!

Erm ....... say what now? I know the Germans searched for relics all over the world yes, and they did steal quite a few of them yes, but this one I hadn't heard about yet. Any source or link for this?

Also, if the Nazi's HAD found something, they sure ignored any prophecy.

The Nazis.... noted practioners of sane policy and logical research.

--Jaylemurph

Now that made me chuckle. Good one Jayle.

Posted (edited)

No TheSearher, I do not have any link about that. I had been there many years ago. It is in my plans to visit the place again soon, and once I do I will send pictures of the place.

The Nazi's have searched and stolen as you say many things. And they wouldn't do something like this without reason. Now what they took and why is another question.

People underestimate the knowledge of the Ancients, while their civilization was much more advanced than ours. We use most of their principles. Our major advancement is technology and nothing more. That's the reason why I completely disagree with discussions which try to underestimate Ancient places and practices (like Delphi). The word Myth which is a Greek word used to mean true story and not fictions of imagination as it is considered today (nice explanation here). Even if 50% was true of what it is mentioned in ancient texts, would be enough to dramatically change our perception of reality.

Edited by Ancient-Explorer

Well the Nazis lost the war, so if they found anything it wasn't any use to them.

Posted (edited)

They lost the war yeah... however most of the ones that were in high positions in the NAZI's back then, they continued to be in major organizatons and some still have today... So I do not know if they were the losers at the end... The only ones who loose in wars are mainly the simple people ...

They lost the war yeah... however most of the ones that were in high positions in the NAZI's back then, they continued to be in major organizatons and some still have today... So I do not know if they were the losers at the end... The only ones who loose in wars are mainly the simple people ...

Oh one of those: whatever.

Posted (edited)

Yes one of those -> http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

Unless you think that all of this is made up ... and if so then I rest my case!

1 person likes this

No TheSearher, I do not have any link about that. I had been there many years ago. It is in my plans to visit the place again soon, and once I do I will send pictures of the place.

The Nazi's have searched and stolen as you say many things. And they wouldn't do something like this without reason. Now what they took and why is another question.

People underestimate the knowledge of the Ancients, while their civilization was much more advanced than ours. We use most of their principles. Our major advancement is technology and nothing more. That's the reason why I completely disagree with discussions which try to underestimate Ancient places and practices (like Delphi). The word Myth which is a Greek word used to mean true story and not fictions of imagination as it is considered today (nice explanation here). Even if 50% was true of what it is mentioned in ancient texts, would be enough to dramatically change our perception of reality.

Pics would indeed be nice indeed. However, you should be less absolute as to what the greek word "mythos" means.

mythos (plural mythoi ) also means :

- a story or set of stories relevant to or having meaning for a particular culture, religion or other group.

- any message delivered by word of mouth, be it a word, a speech, a conversation or a poetic tale.

- a tale or narrative, usually verbally transmitted, recorded into the written form from an alleged secondary source.

Yes one of those -> http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

Unless you think that all of this is made up ... and if so then I rest my case!

It's not made up, the Soviets and British did exactly the same. Scientists and other "useful" people and I use the term quite loosely here, were taken and put to work for the victors. Nothing really amazing here, disgusting and very wrong in some cases, but not amazing or even surprising. Lets face it, Werner Von Braun made NASA, so to speak.

I fail to see what this has to do with the subject at hand though, as we are talking old oracles and not Nazi's.

TheSearcher, I am of Greek origin and I have mentioned the first meaning of the Word Myth. Every other meaning came afterwards ... for sure.

I am just saying that the NAZIs continued in one for or the other .... that's all!

I do not find any point to continue with this chat, I am not trying to persuade you about anything! I just mention what I know.

There are perhaps too many variables to take into account to predict the future, so the accurate dating of historical events has always been open to interpretation in my opinion. The Oracle may have made the predictions, but were the made before or after they came to pass?

Hi Jim. I totally agree with you. I do not believe that the future is predictable and unchangeable, at least not at a personal level. If the oracles around the world did predict the future, I do not think is either proven or valid - that's until we find evidence for something like this.

As you say most of the times predictions are open to different interpretations and can be many things at the same time.