Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The world’s most expensive Christmas dinner

Still Waters

Costing £125,000 for four people, or £31,250 per person, the menu for what will be the world’s most expensive Christmas dinner menu has been devised by London chef Ben Spalding, who has completed residencies at restaurants including The Fat Duck in Bray, Gordon Ramsay’s Royal Hospital Road and Per Se in New York.

Among the ingredients being used are a Yubari King melon costing £2,500, in addition the the £2,600 Densuke watermelon; 150-year-old balsamic vinegar costing £1,030; whole white Alba truffle costing £3,500; and gold leaf coming in at £6,000. To drink, a £37,000 bottle of Piper Heidsieck 1907 champagne will be served in diamond-studded flutes; diners who prefer spirits can sip from a £2,000 stock of DIVA vodka, described as a “diamond-sand-filtered vodka” and served in a bottle that is filled with Swarovski crystals.

http://www.telegraph...u-revealed.html

• Like 1

AT that price I'd demand that the "Alba Truffle" was Jessica Alba Truffle.

Oh yes :tu:
  • Like 1

I'd rather have a pizza and that chef can buy me a house.

Idiotic on what people will spend their money on just because they have a lot of it. It's theirs though and if they want to blow it like that, whatever.

• Like 2

Seems to me most of the cost is in diamonds and gold, neither of which are food.

Should be "worlds most expensive christmas table setting to accompany very old bottle of bubbly and some fruit"

• Like 2

Densuke watermelon ,is like 100$ for a small melon ,but it tastes no different than plain old water melon .

He's using ridiculously over priced ingredients as well .

I too will have a good pizza ,with a lovely salad ,and a coke .

• Like 1

£5000 pistachios? That's just nuts (sorry, sorry)!

• Like 3

These kind of people don't appreciate what they have.. or they have no conscience and moral integrity at all. If I had that kind of money, I'd spend it on something worth it, not to mention I'd help some people out.

• Like 2

These kind of people don't appreciate what they have.. or they have no conscience and moral integrity at all. If I had that kind of money, I'd spend it on something worth it, not to mention I'd help some people out.

I hear what you're saying but, maybe they already do help other people and this is just how the mega-rich 'splash-out'.. the same as the rest of us are wont to 'splash-out' on things we don't really need. (only saying)

• Like 1

I hear what you're saying but, maybe they already do help other people and this is just how the mega-rich 'splash-out'.. the same as the rest of us are wont to 'splash-out' on things we don't really need. (only saying)

I agree. Just because to most of us splashing out on such an expensive meal seems extravagant, it doesn't necessarily follow that these people don't help others. We don't know anything about them, who's to say they don't donate very generously to one or more charity on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Who is to say anyone will even take this chef up on his offer? It's for four people, most people, especially those with that kind of money splurge on a few more than just four people on the day.

• Like 1

Are they expecting Jaws? Sheesh...

This is how it should be done without breaking your jaw...

Brandy Snaps then Roast Turkey with stuffing,Parsnips,Roast and Baked Potatoes,Brussel Sprouts,Yorkshire Puds and Cabbage with lashings of Apple or Cranberry Sauce. Don't forget your gravy boat. Follow this with a cheese board. And for the piece de la resistance, Christmas Pudding with Caramel Custard.

^^^ You can easily do that for fifty quid even using a banquet table.

Edited by Walnut Whip
  • Like 1