Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whale of a problem for Malibu's home owners

Still Waters

A dead 40,000lbs whale has been washed ashore on the beachfront town in California close to the homes of Bob Dylan and Barbra Streisand – and nobody wants to get rid of it.

A dispute has erupted over the rotting 40ft long carcase because it is on a private beach and local authorities refuse to get involved.

But as the bickering continues the whale has begun to decompose, giving it a hideous appearance that is attracting crowds of onlookers.

Some well-heeled residents also fear that it could start attracting sharks and make it impossible to swim in the water.

http://www.telegraph...ome-owners.html

"One option probably not being considered was

when a giant whale washed ashore.

The mammal was blown up using dynamite in the hopes it would blast it into the water, causing huge chunks to land up to one mile away and flattening cars."

• Like 2

If you want to live on a private beach then you have to deal with what washes up. I got no sympathy for them.

• Like 1

'Attracting crowds of onlookers' ..... how is that possible on a private beach?

• Like 1

If this beach is private, then they should deal with it themselves. That's the way it goes.

• Like 1

If this beach is private, then they should deal with it themselves. That's the way it goes.

I think they are ..... they're just letting nature run it's course.

If its their beach, its their problem. Goes with owning beach property. RIP.gif

"One option probably not being considered was

when a giant whale washed ashore.

The mammal was blown up using dynamite in the hopes it would blast it into the water, causing huge chunks to land up to one mile away and flattening cars."

My boss went to watch that with some friends live....I would re tell the story, but I could not do it justice....

Anyone ever eat at Gladstones ? The seagulls will pick it clean faster than one might imagine .