Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Goddess instead of God

Grandpa Greenman

There is a Goddess, I have photographic evidence of it too.

480542_429653820400177_1930472703_n.jpg

Her holiness, Dita Von Teese. LOL at your inferior bearded gods.

• Like 2

God is defined as a entity Without gender or other characterist,thus giving this"Male God" or "Goddess" the title of "Demi-God" or "Demi-goddess",which is clearly not a god

Well through some my studies, the feminine concept of the divine came before the masculine. Mainly because women were looked at as the primary producers of life. The masculine was looked at as a half of the feminine energy. Going back into ancient cultures, many people actually don't know that the Sphinx of Giza portrays a woman and the primary deities of Egypt prior to their Sun deities was Bes and Taweret. Bes for those who didnt know was a hermaphrodite showing the female/male sides equally in the concept of God.

Jesus,Muhammed are not Gods.They are prophets,

their exist one God and he's got no gender.Gender is an idea of his to make continueous existence of humans and also animals.. God dont need a gender to exist.Use a little common sense..Islam is the true religion..And God is too much pure and great to make babies..

• Like 1

their exist one God and he's got no gender.Gender is an idea of his to make continueous existence of humans and also animals.. God dont need a gender to exist.Use a little common sense..Islam is the true religion..And God is too much pure and great to make babies..

The moment you use baseless arguments and logical fallacies, you forgo common sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Belief in one god is monotheism. Belief in more than one or multiple gods is polytheism. The modern world went in the direction of monotheism for whatever reason.

My thought is that God (should it exist) is neither a he or a she.

My thot Skater is, what F does it matter what sex it is. I would have as much if not more respect for a being that had no sex at all, was just an it. It, might be more sane than most humans. Sex gets in the road, ....run it over and roll on...

• 1 month later...

This title reminds me of something . General Custer knew that the Native American men looked upon women as sacred Goddeses because they give life . Knowing this Custer rounded the Native American women up and used them as sheilds , knowing that the Native American men would not attack or fight back against the army.

I'm not political ,nor, am I religious , I'm spiritual I guess because there's so much about life ,nature , the universe that is mysterious and spiritual in and of itself and in that being said , I have to be honest with myself , and in doing so , I think it's very wrong to colonize and take land where people already live .

Sorry if this had nothing at all to do with the topic , the title just reminded me of a piece of history , and how very sacred most Native men viewed women .I realize not every naitive was the same but most where good people.

What if god were a woman and not a man.

Hmm, well really all we go by are the accounts and testimonies of people, long gone, long dead, but still, just people.

IF god exists, you believe god to be a male, a female or inaminate object, or gas, or feeling or whatever... that is your belief.

If you meet him/her/it/that, you have proof, only though for yourself, not for others.

The composition of god can only be prooved if every living thing sees, feels and experiences him/it/her.

Trying to determine the sex of god, should god exist, is to me anyway, a bit futile.

• 6 months later...

What if god were a woman and not a man.

Hmm, well really all we go by are the accounts and testimonies of people, long gone, long dead, but still, just people.

IF god exists, you believe god to be a male, a female or inaminate object, or gas, or feeling or whatever... that is your belief.

If you meet him/her/it/that, you have proof, only though for yourself, not for others.

The composition of god can only be prooved if every living thing sees, feels and experiences him/it/her.

Trying to determine the sex of god, should god exist, is to me anyway, a bit futile.

Surely the important point is what effect the concept of a prime male deity has had over thousands of years, and still

does today, given that for previous thousands of years it appears a prime deity was the Goddess in partnership with the God,

a partner selected by the Goddess according to ancient myth and legend.

Are we now at 'saturation point' with the idea of a prime and sole male deity and in need of a complete reappraisal of the

concept before it is too late.

According to Christian teaching Jesus was God come down in the flesh to be a sacrifice for the people. This idea is not only supported by Christianity but many of the myths that would say a God or even Goddess would give up their life for the people. I understand how you would say Jesus is a prophet, yes I agee but there is more to what he represents than just that. I do not agree that God does not make babies, I think we are all children of the most high God. We can experience spiritual rebirth, but even our original essence before conception and also our flesh come from God. God has the chromosomes of both genders or he and she wouldn't instill the characteristics and body parts we have into our existance for continuation. As you know Islam, Judiasm and Christianity root from the same source, and this God that we revere and call on is all one and the same God. The feminine side of God, or the Mother God was written out of the text... but do your research and you will find, THIS religion did begin with both parts represented.

Edited by SpiritWriter

According to Christian teaching Jesus was God come down in the flesh to be a sacrifice for the people. This idea is not only supported by Christianity but many of the myths that would say a God or even Goddess would give up their life for the people. I understand how you would say Jesus is a prophet, yes I agee but there is more to what he represents than just that. I do not agree that God does not make babies, I think we are all children of the most high God. We can experience spiritual rebirth, but even our original essence before conception and also our flesh come from God. God has the chromosomes of both genders or he and she wouldn't instill the characteristics and body parts we have into our existance for continuation. As you know Islam, Judiasm and Christianity root from the same source, and this God that we revere and call on is all one and the same God. The feminine side of God, or the Mother God was written out of the text... but do your research and you will find, THIS religion did begin with both parts represented.

You say

'The feminine side of God, or the Mother God was written out of the text... but do your research and you will find, THIS religion did begin with both parts represented'

Jesus lived according to various biblical and other texts about 2000 years ago but there was a heck of lot going on before his time over many thousands

of years.

Now if you believe in the Jesus of the Christian faith then you would have to accept that he knew about this pre-Christian history and its veneration of the

Goddess.

Was he against or in favour of this veneration ?

Despite the prevailing attitudes of his time it is clear that he was a supporter of the earlier traditions and beliefs which sometimes shocked some his

followers and of course the controlling elite in Jerusalem...hence, maybe, the end of his teachings.

Any true follower of Christ would surely be very interested in this aspect of the story of Jesus although as you say it was.. 'written out of the text..'

But we now know that the closest companion and confidant of Christ was a lady... Mary of Magdala

So, as you say....'both parts were represented...'

You say

'The feminine side of God, or the Mother God was written out of the text... but do your research and you will find, THIS religion did begin with both parts represented'

Jesus lived according to various biblical and other texts about 2000 years ago but there was a heck of lot going on before his time over many thousands

of years.

Now if you believe in the Jesus of the Christian faith then you would have to accept that he knew about this pre-Christian history and its veneration of the

Goddess.

Was he against or in favour of this veneration ?

Despite the prevailing attitudes of his time it is clear that he was a supporter of the earlier traditions and beliefs which sometimes shocked some his

followers and of course the controlling elite in Jerusalem...hence, maybe, the end of his teachings.

Any true follower of Christ would surely be very interested in this aspect of the story of Jesus although as you say it was.. 'written out of the text..'

But we now know that the closest companion and confidant of Christ was a lady... Mary of Magdala

So, as you say....'both parts were represented...'

Well the roots of religion are very broad and wide, we could study for the rest of our lives, which I would like to do actually, not on a full time basis mind you, and in the end we wouldn't know it all. We have to accept that we dont have all answers for one, two incorporating feminitity into the godhead is beneficial for our balance and three, yes male and female co creatures are historically apart of OUR religions....

Well the roots of religion are very broad and wide, we could study for the rest of our lives, which I would like to do actually, not on a full time basis mind you, and in the end we wouldn't know it all. We have to accept that we dont have all answers for one, two incorporating feminitity into the godhead is beneficial for our balance and three, yes male and female co creatures are historically apart of OUR religions....

Good - the sooner the better

Because this nonsense has gone on for long enough

And it is hugely dangerous to our world.....and the future of our offspring...

This is from a Wiki article about transcendentalism, and may provide some with food for thought:

Another alternative meaning for "transcendentalism" is the classical philosophy that God transcends the manifest world. As John Scotus Erigena put it to Frankish king Charles the Bald in the year 840 AD,

We know not what God is. God himself doesn't know what He is because He is not anything. Literally God is not, because He transcends being.

This is where I've sort of landed when thinking about the concept of a deity. But I'm wondering what is meant by transcending the manifest world. Gonna have to do another search.

Did a quick search, found this great website that has "36 ideas for transcending your world view."

I'm interested in what others think about some of these ideas.

http://www.transcendencetoolbox.com/en/teachings/36-ideas

Edited by Beany

This is from a Wiki article about transcendentalism, and may provide some with food for thought:

Another alternative meaning for "transcendentalism" is the classical philosophy that God transcends the manifest world. As John Scotus Erigena put it to Frankish king Charles the Bald in the year 840 AD,

We know not what God is. God himself doesn't know what He is because He is not anything. Literally God is not, because He transcends being.

This is where I've sort of landed when thinking about the concept of a deity. But I'm wondering what is meant by transcending the manifest world. Gonna have to do another search.

Did a quick search, found this great website that has "36 ideas for transcending your world view."

http://www.transcend...chings/36-ideas

Interesting link. While I do not necessarily agree with all the specifics of it, nor some of the mechanics, this matches a lifetime of my own experience. I especially related to point' s 30 and 31; realisations I came to as a pre teen and which have in large part defined my life ever since.

I do think they misinterpret Einstein's E==mc2. Energy is not everything, nor does it exist alone. It is a co function of other elements which also exist such as matter. Thus it is very debatable that energy beings could have pre existed matter, or formed matter from their own energy, without being connected to already existent matter.

Nor does quantum physics prove/state(although it might imply to some) that it is the mind of an observer which influences what is seen/real. It just says that the ACT of observation alters outcomes. So it is actually a material not a mental influence.

Like myself I think the writer of this article has taken real observed truths and interpreted them through their own world view. They might have additional data to me (for example I have never knowingly encountered elohim or been told there are a certain number of beings, but they have also made some different interpretations and extrpolations form real observable truths about the nature of our relationship to the universe.

One instance is this. I cannot materially influence the universe by mind alone, BUT using my mind and body I can.

With advanced technologies and a mind /machine interface, I can see how I could influence the world through thought. It is actually already being done via science.

On the other hand, everything said in the article about using the mind /material interface to travel and explore other places, minds and thoughts, is absolutely possible. ie mind can interact with mind, space and time more readily, but the nature of matter requires matter to influence it, unless a very highly amplified form of mental energy is available. The human mind does not produce enough energy, in and of itself, to alter matter, which is naturally very cohesive/rigid, except very minimally if at all. This is something else I became conscious of as a pre teen, after watching "the forbidden planet" when aged about 7, got me thinking about it..

Edited by Mr Walker

I prefer deities that come in pairs actually, so many people tend to openly disgust when they worship based solely on male aspects or gender issues. It does matter what the spirituality does for me, not that it is just a set of ritual formats that must be followed. I can't see a god that is singular, that doesn't make sense because I don't see anything that proves that a god is all-encompassing of the universe in any religion's books. That is simply not proveable according to the ancient Hebrew texts nor Sanskrit either.

Edited by spacelizard667
  • Like 1

http://www.transcend...chings/36-ideas

Having had a quick read my impression is that this item transcends the topic of this thread.

Pre-Abrahamic religions, and some post ones, had and have deities of both genders.

Has it been a healthy change to eliminate the 'Goddess' in favour of the 'God' ?

My personal opinion is that it may have been highly detrimental to humanity for thousands of years

That's what is wrong with the Abrahamic faiths - The woman and her biological processes are evil. Who ultimately gets the blame for eating the fruit, Adam or Eve? Why is the most revered woman in Christianity a virgin who herself was immaculately conceived? Is there even a woman in Islam who enjoys Mary's standing in Catholicism?

A friend of mine recently had a child, and while I'm still opposed to the notion of having one myself, I saw a glimpse of true natural beauty seeing her hold that baby. The fact that two people can come together and produce a perfect little human being is a natural wonder. I don't care one iota for the notion that women are impure when they can do something like that.

I can't be part of a religion that considers women inherently evil and the root of all sin.

• Like 4

That's what is wrong with the Abrahamic faiths - The woman and her biological processes are evil. Who ultimately gets the blame for eating the fruit, Adam or Eve? Why is the most revered woman in Christianity a virgin who herself was immaculately conceived? Is there even a woman in Islam who enjoys Mary's standing in Catholicism?

A friend of mine recently had a child, and while I'm still opposed to the notion of having one myself, I saw a glimpse of true natural beauty seeing her hold that baby. The fact that two people can come together and produce a perfect little human being is a natural wonder. I don't care one iota for the notion that women are impure when they can do something like that.

You said -

'The fact that two people can come together and produce a perfect little human being is a natural wonder.'

Yes,it is, and highly to be recommended for many reasons but not least that in doing so you find yourself.

But no messing about with sperm banks or the like methods of just 'making' babies you have to do it

natures way....find a partner who gives you the 'wow' factor... it is often called love.....

Might not last a lifetime but such is life......and love....

I can't be part of a religion that considers women inherently evil and the root of all sin.

Neither could I, that's one of the reasons why I'm still a Christian ;) Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 2