Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Nasa camera captures 'fire-ball' over Texas

6 posts in this topic

Video footage of a "fire-ball" flashing in the sky over Texas has been captured by a Nasa camera.

The camera picked up the flash from Nasa's Meteoroid Environment Office in New Mexico. It was reported to have been seen from as far away as Houston and Louisiana.

Nasa believes that a meteor entered earth's atmosphere somewhere between Dallas and Houston. It has tracked fragments of it which fell to Earth north of Houston.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-20654335

I've personally seen one of these fireball bolides...came in over the sea and emitted a whistling sound. It was absolutely an amazing thing to see.

1 person likes this

We had a meteor explode in the upper atmosphere here, at least that is what we were told happened, it made the night sky so bright for a few seconds that it was like day.

I saw the fire ball the other day in Houston. It was right before dawn/ We were dropping our son off at the FFA barn to feed his pig. It was really foggy that morning. When I saw it, the first thing that came to mind was a transformer blew, but it was to big and too bright. It was also a green/blue color. Some of the kids in the barn jumped to the ground. They were really freaked out. Up near Kerrville, residents said the windows of their houses shook and the heard a load explosion.

I've personally seen one of these fireball bolides...came in over the sea and emitted a whistling sound. It was absolutely an amazing thing to see.

The whistling sound is an interesting phenomena, and one regularly reported.

The reason it is interesting is that it shouldn't happen. The bolide is many miles up and travelling at hypersonic speeds. Any sound should not reach the observer until long after the bolide has disappeared from view. What observers are actually hearing is an unexplained-mystery.

Sorry folks, was just driving home.