Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monkey in a sheepskin jacket spotted at Ikea

Still Waters

Shoppers at the IKEA store in Toronto were shocked to spot a monkey dressed in a coat roaming the car park on Sunday.

Toronto police say the seven-month-old monkey escaped from its owner and managed to find his way outside.

http://www.telegraph...in-Toronto.html

Lol, I imagine it strolling by various people. Some not noticing it, some noticing it with half glances, walking by bewildered but trying not to show it publicly, etc.

And ha ha, Sarah was a day off from meeting the monkey.

• Like 1

Lol, I imagine it strolling by various people. Some not noticing it, some noticing it with half glances, walking by bewildered but trying not to show it publicly, etc.

And ha ha, Sarah was a day off from meeting the monkey.

I know! <_<

Would have been fantastic to see him jumping on the beds....

Lots of Monkeys go to Ikea, they're mostly in tatty jeans and dirty T-shirts.

• Like 1

The monkey was probably on it's way to a job interview. I heard he was applying for the position of 'Instruction Manual Producer'.

• Like 3

Hahahahaa. Well, I have to give it credit for knowing to dress warm. :passifier:

Are we sure it was a Monkey, and not a Wolf in sheeps clothes ? Or maybe a Politician (no names) in Panto gear.

People bringing animals they shouldn't into the country is why we have pythons in Florida, killer bees and those stupid Chinese carp taking over among other things.

• Like 4

People bringing animals they shouldn't into the country is why we have pythons in Florida, killer bees and those stupid Chinese carp taking over among other things.

Not to mention reported Big Cats in the Scottish Highlands, and also on the Moors in South-West England.

Duck , Duck , where .where, Clunk ! (as he's hit on the head by a low branch while on his bike)

I thought killer bees self-migrated to the US from Mexico, as opposed to being brought in. I could be wrong, though.

Not to mention reported Big Cats in the Scottish Highlands, and also on the Moors in South-West England.

This will probably start a myth-craze ala Bigfoot. :yes: >>

"Monkey sighted once again at an IKEA store. Scientists are baffled.This is not their natural habitat -they say. But is he real?? Watch this fuzzy image on FOX News at 11 "
Edited by EllJay

roflbot.jpg
  • Like 1

Sure, next thing you know our furniture stores will be overrun with small stylish furry primates.

So sad. Poor monkey.

If people must live with wild animals then they should go to their habitat and be accepted, or not.

• Like 1

It is a sad story, for sure... The owner was on local radio losing her mind, because she is having the animal taken from her. The animal itself knows no other "mother", and will be traumatized from the seperation as well.

I feel bad for everyone involved, but because having a monkey as a pet here is illegal, all of this could have been avoided if the woman (a lawyer) would have obeyed the law. But that being said, I find the law hypocritical, since you can own tropical fish, repitiles, and insects here, and even dogs and cats who's "natural" habitat is much different from the southern Ontario climate - think anything from chihuahuas to the Asian varieties to huskies far better suited to much colder climates to even those people who insist on having big German Shepherds or other large dogs in their 700 sq foot apartments. None of these things are in their habitat, yet it is perfectly acceptable to own them.

From what I heard about the owner of this monkey, she's an excellent owner, and the monkey is in excellent shape. Given the above, that's all that should matter...except for the fact that it is clearly illegal, and should not have been done in the first place.

• Like 1

Ah yes the vain peoples ego accessory. :td:

I read on the news the person wants the monkey and the coat back