Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay marriage 'to be illegal'

Still Waters

So you just want to keep bashing Christians? You turn the conversation that way every time. You've admitted. That you have no reason. To complain about the OP of the thread. You've stated that you don't agree. With them protecting themselves. You just don't like them. Pushing their opinion on others. Yet you want to keep bashing Christians. Making generalizations. Ignoring that there are Christians who are gay. Mock our beliefs. Denigrate what you do not understand. The thing you say you dislike about the Church. Is exactly what you are doing.

What exactly is your problem? Where is the bashing in what I just said?

No that is NOT what I have said at all. You can't be more wrong.

I agree they should be protected but they ALREADY had the protection. So what they've got is unecessary. I also don't agree with the church of england being singled out for aditional 'protection' when everyone else has the choice to opt in or out. Why only ban it outright in the church of england and wales? The catholic church was just as opposed, yet they only have the opt in measure. It just means if the church of england changes it's mind, it has to change the law, while every other faith group can simply say 'we want to do this' if they change.

How does creating a double standard for one religious group help anyone?

And, as I have explained before I do not like that they didn't want ANY same sex marriage for anyone.

I have bolded the parts that you should read and re-read until they are clear in your head.

I don't ignore gay christians, I feel sorry for them. That they have to put up with so much hatred. That they're told their love is sinful and wrong and what that leads to.

It's not bashing christians to point out that their stance on homosexuality needs a drastic update and that it does far more harm than good.

Please, before you make another post to me, read what I have said and be clear in what I am saying. Don't try and misrepresent what I say like you keep doing.

Edited by shadowhive
  • Like 2

An individual doesn't get to describe what Christianity is for everyone else. You can only do so for yourself. JGirl sitting here saying "That is the definition of Christianity" is foolish. As you say. We define our own beliefs. The more organized churches will do so in a more rigid way. But JGirl can't deny their version because she has a different one. That is silly.

cassea will you give it up with this? the literal definition of a christian is a person who follows jesus and his teachings. you can subcategorize or refine or add to your belief system all you damned well please but it does not negate the definition.

you twist that to seem as though i'm telling you what you can identify with and i am not. i am merely telling you that all the so called extras in each particular faith are the subjective interpretations of the bible - OLD testament for the most part.

do as you promised and put me on ignore for gawd sake. i'm so sick of your confused rhetoric

cassea will you give it up with this? the literal definition of a christian is a person who follows jesus and his teachings. you can subcategorize or refine or add to your belief system all you damned well please but it does not negate the definition.

you twist that to seem as though i'm telling you what you can identify with and i am not. i am merely telling you that all the so called extras in each particular faith are the subjective interpretations of the bible - OLD testament for the most part.

do as you promised and put me on ignore for gawd sake. i'm so sick of your confused rhetoric

You are completely silly.. The literal definition is one who reads the Bible, Follows the teachings of God and also the teachings of Jesus. You can't just leave out God and go with Jesus. Nonsensical.

You are completely silly.. The literal definition is one who reads the Bible, Follows the teachings of God and also the teachings of Jesus. You can't just leave out God and go with Jesus. Nonsensical.

who told you this is the literal definition of christian?

btw jesus is god apparently

Edited by JGirl

who told you this is the literal definition of christian?

btw jesus is god apparently

Yup.. A lot ( and I mean a lot ) of Christians, both Protestant and Catholic will say - Jesus is God.. I have seen many Christians say that on these boards too The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit = ONE GOD

• Like 2

Yup.. A lot ( and I mean a lot ) of Christians, both Protestant and Catholic will say - Jesus is God.. I have seen many Christians say that on these boards too The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit = ONE GOD

i heard it a lot in church lol

i never really worried about it one way or the other

A lot. Not all. So you can't apply it to all. It is silly to suggest you can leave out. Belief in God. Not all Christians believe that Jesus is God. They consider Jesus the son of God. It is patently absurd to try to promote. Christianity as a belief in Jesus. Skipping over God and the Bible.

But this is off topic. So I will leave it at that. I agree that it is disrespectful. To tell people what they believe. Belief is a personal relationship with God.

Edited by Cassea

A lot. Not all. So you can't apply it to all. It is silly to suggest you can leave out. Belief in God. Not all Christians believe that Jesus is God. They consider Jesus the son of God. It is patently absurd to try to promote. Christianity as a belief in Jesus. Skipping over God and the Bible.

But this is off topic. So I will leave it at that. I agree that it is disrespectful. To tell people what they believe. Belief is a personal relationship with God.

answer my question

who told you that is the literal definition of christian?

Where do you find the teachings of Christ JGirl? That is not a hard question. This is just silly.

that is not an answer to my question.

You are completely silly..

i have had countless PMs with Jgirl since being at this forum, and one thing she isn't, is silly..

pot kettle black, me thinks..

• Like 2

Where do you find the teachings of Christ JGirl? That is not a hard question. This is just silly.

The teaching's of christ is in the bible but the bible isn't the teaching's of christ.

The teachings of jesus is like a topic in a textbook. It is a small part of the book, not the whole.

You also have to remember that any claim any part of the bible is written by god is just that, a claim by men. As such any such claim is wholly unreliable and could be an outright fiction. Add to that the bible being editted and translated and, well it gets messy. You may as well get a second hand textbook (complete with notes) get it translated to German, then French, then Korean, then back to English (all with the notes being added into the actual text) then try and use it.

Edited by shadowhive

Spoken like a non believer. By definition Christians are believers. How silly to try to insist that the non believer's view. Represents the believers view? What sense does that make to you at all?

Spoken like a non believer. By definition Christians are believers. How silly to try to insist that the non believer's view. Represents the believers view? What sense does that make to you at all?

you don't read anything about anyone before you say crap like this, and you should because you wouldn't put your foot in your mouth so often..

i for your information am a believer.

you still have not answered my question, although you have used the word 'silly' several times in this thread.- i guess that's ok cuz it's a cute word huh?

I didn't offer any definition of christians. Here's what I said.

1: The teachings off jesus are in the bible (which is true)

2: The bible is not completely the teachings of jesus (also true)

3: The bible was written and composed by men (true)

4: The bible was editted by men (true)

5: The bible was translated (possibly wrongly) by men (true)

6: Anyone can claim to havehad insight from god, that doesn't mean they did (also true)

So nothing I've said was a lie, it was all fact. It wasn't aimed to bash anyone, but it did answer your question (which was 'where to you find the teachings of christ?'), No mention is made of any definition of christian.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/gay-plans-shock-for-welsh-anglicans-1-2693290?

ThE head of the Anglican Church in Wales is seeking to persuade the UK government to drop plans to make it illegal to marry same-sex couples in its places of worship.

Archbishop of Wales Barry Morgan said that the move to outlaw gay marriage in the Church of England and Church in Wales came as a “total shock” when it was announced by equalities minister Maria Miller on Tuesday as part of a “quadruple lock” to protect them from legal challenge.

Dr Morgan said that his church did not want the protection, which has put it in an “enormously difficult position”.

Oh yes it is. Now you are just playing games. Whatever.

no cassea i do not play games.

i caught you in your bull****. again.

twice i have asked you a direct question based on something you said,

both times you have repeated ignored the questions or sidestepped them with claims of my silliness and how easy the question is, but you still do not answer it.

because you can't without exposing that you are merely trolling.

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 1

you don't read anything about anyone before you say crap like this, and you should because you wouldn't put your foot in your mouth so often..

i for your information am a believer.

you still have not answered my question, although you have used the word 'silly' several times in this thread.- i guess that's ok cuz it's a cute word huh?

since i cannot edit the previous post i want to clarify that the bolded part was due to my mistaking your post was directed to me. perhaps you could use the quote button in future?

in any case the rest still stands

Sorry for the delay Cassea.Sick little girl here at home,and she loves to run her daddy ragged.Even if he's sick too. :cry:

Please show me where I have stated that. It makes no sense that you even say that.

"Homosexuality is a sin. Like other sins. if you don't believe in sin. Then you don't believe in the BIble."

You replied to Jgirl,that not all christianity is the way that she stated.I replied to you that not all christianity is the way that you've stated ^^.Your post above Is one example.It does not read as opinionated,it reads as definitive.

And "you" is a broad generalization.

Your repeated use of "our","we","us",etc. in this thread,does not make the distinction of which belief or denomination of christianity you're referring to.My post was to separate myself from the "we","our",and"us".

You make no sense

Like minds I guess. :innocent:

P.s.I feel we're getting off on the wrong foot,Cassea.I know I'm to blame,and I apologize.I enjoy your postings,and do look forward to more. :yes:

A lot. Not all. So you can't apply it to all.

I didn't apply all...You clearly saw my post that you reply to, never said ALL.. .

My post clearly reads - A lot.. I don't get why you pulled my post up, you saw I never said all.. Something is not right with this carry on

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

Folks can we try to keep the discussion focused on the topic and not on one another

There's way too much personal bickering going on here.

• Like 3