Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vegetarian finds snail in bag of frozen veg

Still Waters

A vegetarian was left disgusted after finding a snail in a bag of frozen vegetables he bought from Tesco online.

Sam Chauwner, 19, made the horrific discovery when he opened the pack of broccoli and cauliflower yesterday.

The photography student, from Broadstairs, Kent, is now calling on the supermarket giant to review its quality controls for its Tesco-brand items.

http://www.dailymail...-discovery.html

• Like 1

A snail in a bag of veggies is not a "horrific discovery."

A horrific discovery is finding a rotted corpse in the park, or a severed head in your gym locker... that you didn't put there I mean.

• Like 4

A horrific discovery is finding a rotted corpse in the park, or a severed head in your gym locker... that you didn't put there I mean.

:w00t::tu:

• Like 1

Blessed and respect to all veggie nomer's but, ROFL LMBO. By rights the snail does have first dib's. They might be slow but he got there first. XD

• Like 1

Why does stories like this happen to be from Tesco? They need a overhaul on their food.

LaughingHystericalySmiley.gif

Meh, I've probably eaten hundreds or maybe even thousands of insects worth of granulated parts from my breads and flour.

It seems we constantly hear about live things being found in vegetables. I've never considered them a horrific shock. Just wash the vegetables as if you picked them out of your garden and found a bird dived bombed them.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 1

Meh, I've probably eaten hundreds or maybe even thousands of insects worth of granulated parts from my breads and flour.

Everyone has eaten a lot of insects due to the foreign content allowed in fruit juice, jam, canned veggies or fruit...not to mention the bugs we eat when we are asleep....

LOL A friend of the family once told me he would never eat tomato sauce/ketchup again after working in the factory. He witnessed maggot filled tomatoes being put in the mixer. Waste not, definent want not! XD

My father once ordered some food at a restaurant and I saw a live snail on one of the vegetables on the dish.

When I told him about the snail, his only reply was "That just shows how fresh the food is."

:hmm: ...

I took the snail and put it on a plant outside.

LOL A friend of the family once told me he would never eat tomato sauce/ketchup again after working in the factory. He witnessed maggot filled tomatoes being put in the mixer. Waste not, definent want not! XD

(Screams)

Edited by Mnemonix

exactly!