Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Use of Taser is not unconstitutional

OverSword

"When used to compel obedience."

Disobedience = Freedom

Obedience = Enslavement

This reminds me of how two cops put a taser on a man who was having a seizure.

"When used to compel obedience."

Disobedience = Freedom

Obedience = Enslavement

This reminds me of how two cops put a taser on a man who was having a seizure.

This lady was not having a seizure. She was very drunk, and she spat in a officers face!

Diseases contagious from saliva: Types list

The list of types of Diseases contagious from saliva mentioned in various sources includes:

This lady was not having a seizure. She was very drunk, and she spat in a officers face!

The list of types of Diseases contagious from saliva mentioned in various sources includes:

I didn't say I didn't condone tasing her if they had legitimate cause.

I'm just saying, that authoritarian stance, tossing around words like "obedience", spells trouble.

oh please , don't be a drama queen here, ever had cop scream in your face so you covered with his spit??? i have and know others that did. should i charge him with attempted murder??

teasers are made to disable threat, drunks, and high on drugs, not to shot at anyone who he thinks, insulted him, gime a brake, any cop that has a partner by his side, tases small women cuz she spit in his face, is a trigger happy thug, and it only matter of time before he shoots someone for going for his valet.

She was cuffed. Tazer means a fall possible broken neck jaw skull nose loss of teeth or eye over a cop getting a cold that after being spit on makes no never mind. Glad you are not a cop. Maybe people that are bleeding at the sight of a car accident should be tazered befor paramedics can treat them. Your condoning a pattern that the police have zero accountability, they do. Just to show I don`t hate cops but hold them to a higher standard then a street thug here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o7EwiBUz9o

Edited by The Silver Thong

I didn't say I didn't condone tasing her if they had legitimate cause.

I'm just saying, that authoritarian stance, tossing around words like "obedience", spells trouble.

The cop should be charged with attempted murder, she was cuffed.

oh please , don't be a drama queen here, ever had cop scream in your face so you covered with his spit??? i have and know others that did. should i charge him with attempted murder??

teasers are made to disable threat, drunks, and high on drugs, not to shot at anyone who he thinks, insulted him, gime a brake, any cop that has a partner by his side, tases small women cuz she spit in his face, is a trigger happy thug, and it only matter of time before he shoots someone for going for his valet.

Drama Queen?

I am not the one crying about someone who is irresponsible enough to get in this type of situation anyway.

No I have not had a cop spit in my face, nor have I had run ins with Police. If I made choices that put me in a position to be yelled at by anyone, that is my fault, and my bad choice. The only people that cry about things like this, are people that did stupid things, whether they want to admit it or not. I do not feel sorry for you either. And I highly doubt a Police Officer spat in your face.

I said it enough now.....If people would not do stupid things, and would use their damn brains, and grow up, we would not have these discussions.

I find it very funny people are defending someone that put their self in a position of being arrested by getting stupidly drunk in the first place.

And spitting in someones face, especially a officer of the law, is basically a Hazmat concern. Go back and look at the list. Why do you think dentists wear face shields?

She assaulted a officer, he took the proper procedure, and I applaud him.

But hey, if you enjoy defending drunks, drug addicts, and just stupid people that can not control themselves in public, and can not obey laws ( and common sense ) feel free.

She was cuffed. Tazer means a fall possible broken neck jaw skull nose loss of teeth or eye over a cop getting a cold that after being spit on makes no never mind. Glad you are not a cop. Maybe people that are bleeding at the sight of a car accident should be tazered befor paramedics can treat them. Your condoning a pattern that the police have zero accountability, they do. Just to show I don`t hate cops but hold them to a higher standard then a street thug here ya go.

I know you are smarter then this.....Big difference between purposely spitting in someones face, and a injured person. That was just, well, a stupid comment.

Maybe you missed some facts.......

Using a Taser to subdue a violent suspect is safer than police batons and fists. That is the surprising conclusion of a study of incidents in which US police used force to tackle a person who was resisting arrest.

Several suspects have died in the US after being tasered, and human rights groups have spoken out against the weapons, also called conductive electrical devices (CEDs). But John MacDonald of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and colleagues have found they seem to result in fewer injuries than more conventional methods such as batons.

The team examined over 24,000 cases where police had used force, including almost 5500 incidents involving a Taser. After controlling for factors such as the amount of resistance shown by the suspect, they found that Taser use reduced the overall risk of injury by 65 per cent.

http://www.newscient...-and-fists.html

Hard to argue facts.

The cop should be charged with attempted murder, she was cuffed.

She assaulted attempted and succeeded Battery on him......By the definition of the law.

Battery is a criminal offence involving unlawful physical contact, distinct from assault which is the apprehension, not fear, of such contact.

He followed procedure ( most likely, investigation not done ) to stop further assaults.

Attempted Murder by definition :

In order for a person to be guilty of attempted murder, that person should have deliberately, intentionally or recklessly with extreme disregard for human life, attempted to kill someone.

Edited by Sakari

I know you are smarter then this.....Big difference between purposely spitting in someones face, and a injured person. That was just, well, a stupid comment.

Maybe you missed some facts.......

Using a Taser to subdue a violent suspect is safer than police batons and fists. That is the surprising conclusion of a study of incidents in which US police used force to tackle a person who was resisting arrest.

Several suspects have died in the US after being tasered, and human rights groups have spoken out against the weapons, also called conductive electrical devices (CEDs). But John MacDonald of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and colleagues have found they seem to result in fewer injuries than more conventional methods such as batons.

The team examined over 24,000 cases where police had used force, including almost 5500 incidents involving a Taser. After controlling for factors such as the amount of resistance shown by the suspect, they found that Taser use reduced the overall risk of injury by 65 per cent.

http://www.newscient...-and-fists.html

Hard to argue facts.

Stupid is as stupid does. How much do police departments pay out in law suits every year for this crap. Cops that think there own citizens are the enemy is a big problem. I live in Canada thank goodness as the US seems to be slowly reducing itself into a police state where the cops are the judge jury and executioner. Watch your back as a broken tail light on your car could result in a tazer that kills you. Just sayin smart guy. As tazing a hand cuffed women in a precent with many cops was to much for them. Tells me how weak the force is with out the bs of act now and don`t worry as there will be no reprecusions. Watch your back and make sure you bow and drop to the pavement.

Stupid is as stupid does. How much do police departments pay out in law suits every year for this crap. Cops that think there own citizens are the enemy is a big problem. I live in Canada thank goodness as the US seems to be slowly reducing itself into a police state where the cops are the judge jury and executioner. Watch your back as a broken tail light on your car could result in a tazer that kills you. Just sayin smart guy. As tazing a hand cuffed women in a precent with many cops was to much for them. Tells me how weak the force is with out the bs of act now and don`t worry as there will be no reprecusions. Watch your back and make sure you bow and drop to the pavement.

Exaggeration twenty fold......

She assaulted attempted and succeeded Battery on him......By the definition of the law.

Battery is a criminal offence involving unlawful physical contact, distinct from assault which is the apprehension, not fear, of such contact.

He followed procedure ( most likely, investigation not done ) to stop further assaults.

Attempted Murder by definition :

In order for a person to be guilty of attempted murder, that person should have deliberately, intentionally or recklessly with extreme disregard for human life, attempted to kill someone.

He had no regard for her safety and once in police cosdody they are responsible for her safety duh. Or dose some policy say that any cop at any time can just f up anyoneone as long as it`s policy

Exaggeration twenty fold......

Proves your blind to what cops get away with in so called saving your ass.

He had no regard for her safety and once in police cosdody they are responsible for her safety duh. Or dose some policy say that any cop at any time can just f up anyoneone as long as it`s policy

I have all ready posted procedures from other departments on this, and posted why tazers over brute force are used, and the dangers of being spat on ( assault and battery on a officer on top ) on this topic.

I see no reason to keep repeating it, when it is here for the reading. Ignoring it ( maybe not seeing it, there are two similar topics going ), and bringing it up pages later does not work for me.

Proves your blind to what cops get away with in so called saving your ass.

Do you have any facts to back this up? Or is this just opinion being used as fact.

Maybe I should talk to my brother in law, he is a Police Officer.

Maybe I should talk to my Uncle, he is a Sherif Deputy in San Diego.

Maybe I should talk to one of my close friends who spent 15 years on the LA Police. ( he has some stories for sure )

Look, there are some bad cops, as I have said, they are human. There are bad people in any profession.

In this case, I know what he did was from her doing, and he was defending himself, and stopping any further battery. I know how serious any policeman, and police policy takes being spat on.....That is not a joke anymore, it is serious.

Edited by Sakari

Do you have any facts to back this up? Or is this just opinion being used as fact.

Maybe I should talk to my brother in law, he is a Police Officer.

Maybe I should talk to my Uncle, he is a Sherif Deputy in San Diego.

Maybe I should talk to one of my close friends who spent 15 years on the LA Police. ( he has some stories for sure )

Look, there are some bad cops, as I have said, they are human. There are bad people in any profession.

In this case, I know what he did was from her doing, and he was defending himself, and stopping any further battery. I know how serious any policeman, and police policy takes being spat on.....That is not a joke anymore, it is serious.

All I can see is you being conditioned to accept a police state.

He was not deffending himself he was acting out of anger.

• Like 1

All I can see is you being conditioned to accept a police state.

He was not deffending himself he was acting out of anger.

I can assure you, I am ready to join in on a revolution here, we need one. I am far from being conditioned.

What we have are two opinions, I see him defending himself from further assault and battery, you see anger......We disagree, big deal.

Lets wait and see what the report does, see what their opinion is.

Do you have any facts to back this up? rious.

Cops are not paid to protect you . look it up

I can assure you, I am ready to join in on a revolution here, we need one. I am far from being conditioned.

What we have are two opinions, I see him defending himself from further assault and battery, you see anger......We disagree, big deal.

Lets wait and see what the report does, see what their opinion is.

The cop will be suspended with pay and back on the job in 30 days. If being spit on as a cop is assualt lol gotta love lawyers.

Oh wait every cop in the US eats drive though. Better taze everyone that works in them as we all knoe cops never eat a burger with out spit. Its dif when you live in a country that respects the police.

Drama Queen?

I am not the one crying about someone who is irresponsible enough to get in this type of situation anyway.

No I have not had a cop spit in my face, nor have I had run ins with Police. If I made choices that put me in a position to be yelled at by anyone, that is my fault, and my bad choice. The only people that cry about things like this, are people that did stupid things, whether they want to admit it or not. I do not feel sorry for you either. And I highly doubt a Police Officer spat in your face.

I said it enough now.....If people would not do stupid things, and would use their damn brains, and grow up, we would not have these discussions.

I find it very funny people are defending someone that put their self in a position of being arrested by getting stupidly drunk in the first place.

And spitting in someones face, especially a officer of the law, is basically a Hazmat concern. Go back and look at the list. Why do you think dentists wear face shields?

She assaulted a officer, he took the proper procedure, and I applaud him.

But hey, if you enjoy defending drunks, drug addicts, and just stupid people that can not control themselves in public, and can not obey laws ( and common sense ) feel free.

you either full of it, or live on different planet.

I know you did not, my point is some people break the law and think the amendments protect them.

No, I'm suggesting that Americans don't understand their Amendment rights.

If you're out in public and you do something and police come up to you to ask question about why you're doing what you're doing, you have to cooperate with them. You can’t ignore them and say nothing. That’s what I meant.

I know the 4th amendment has nothing to do with resisting arrest, but that’s my point. In too many videos, I see people walking away or jerking away from police trying to question them. Then when the police take them down other people start screaming about false arrest, its not.

All I meant with the 1st amendment is that you can’t obstruct traffic, yell fire at the movies, or things like that, yet some people think you can.

Yes you can. Any lawyer worth a damn will tell you to never talk to police. Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law. What you say can never help you in a court of law. Talking to them cant help you.

why do pll keep repeating a lie wen they were proven wrong on that before?

yes you can not say a word to a cop, it is actual in your best interest, cops are not your friends, or protectors,

why do pll keep repeating a lie wen they were proven wrong on that before?

yes you can not say a word to a cop, it is actual in your best interest, cops are not your friends, or protectors,

Yea man. If you are arrested they can charge you with all kinds of crap depending on what you say. Better to say nothing at all. The way its worded is very clear. "You have the right to remain silent" Key words being remain, and silent. How on earth anyone takes that to mean they have to cooperate when being questioned I have no idea.

I know you did not, my point is some people break the law and think the amendments protect them.

No, I'm suggesting that Americans don't understand their Amendment rights.

If you're out in public and you do something and police come up to you to ask question about why you're doing what you're doing, you have to cooperate with them. You can’t ignore them and say nothing. That’s what I meant.

I know the 4th amendment has nothing to do with resisting arrest, but that’s my point. In too many videos, I see people walking away or jerking away from police trying to question them. Then when the police take them down other people start screaming about false arrest, its not.

All I meant with the 1st amendment is that you can’t obstruct traffic, yell fire at the movies, or things like that, yet some people think you can.

And some people don't even know what their rights are, and they surrender them needlessly without even knowing it, but these aren't the people I was speaking of either.

It's up to the courts to determine whether or not you can exercise your freedom of speech to obstruct traffic or not. If you're obstructing a roadway and warning people of a sinkhole and saving their lives for not falling into it, a prudent judge wouldn't punish you for that. Because circumstances vary, there is no magical remedy for every situation; however, a great deal of our speech is covered by the 1st.

Someone might start screaming about false arrest in a video you watched, but that has nothing to do with the 4th Amendment, and so didn't belong in your reply after I brought it up. And yes, there are relevant people exercising their 4th amendment rights in this country.