Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange reoccurances of a dream

CelestialStar

a dream i had has been reoccurring on and off for weeks,

i search for something, something i dont know, in a stone labyrinth.

each occurrence but the last 6 nights have been in different sections of the labyrinth, now, each night, i pick up exactly where the last night left off (no matter how hard i wish for a different dream), nobody is there but me, i'm not in any danger, not rushed.

but just quickly searching...for something, the closer i get to the center of the labyrinth, the darker it gets, im still safe, but often return to the outer sections out of fear, in the last dream i was armed with two bladed fans but didn't need to use them, but is their appearance a sign that i should start taking caution?

the only restriction is that i cannot directly alter the environment.

the area is heavily filled with vines, greenery, and the strange thing is there are occasionally bluebell flowers that glow blue, or mountain laurels that glow pink.

if i am to find whatever it is that i am looking for, should i take care to reach the center of the labyrinth to find it?

please answer if you can

Edited by CelestialStar

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eight bits

• CelestialStar

• Mr Walker

• Perfection

the search we conduct while dreaming is often connected to some unanswered situations in our Awake life. I say you should keep searching till the end of labirinth and face whatever awaits you there, but also try to think about your awake life and try to find issues that need to be dealt with.It is end of a year, one has to draw the bottom line, add up this year and open a new page in one's life.

Hi, CS

Thank you for the report.

"Serial dreams" (where one dream picks up where the previous one left off) are reasonably common. A labyrinth is familiar enough as a dreamscape, and that it is darker in the center than on the periphery is nice, too.

Its "serialness" does complicate commenting on this dream series, though, since there's really no way to tell whether it's "really" one long dream, broken into bite-sized pieces, or whether the serial quality is part of the point. Either way, since it is something in progress, comments might interfere with the dream more than they help you understand.

I wouldn't worry too much about suddenly finding yourself with abstract weapons, or about the dream taking its time to unfold. If it were my dream, I'd give it some time.

And you are writing all of this down in detail, right? However the dream(s) turn(s) out, you may be thinking about this years from now, and you'll be glad to have something written (or drawn or sung ... whatever you do) to consult about details.

• 4 months later...

Now the Labyrinth has stopped occurring, but im now having occasional dreams of the same warped version of the general area i live in.

different starting points, same warped world, isn't it strange?

Sometimes seemingly impossible physical feats are performed by our modern technology or nearby animals, like the most recent ones would be cars hitting unreasonable speeds at incredible angles, or an alligator biting something in a car without going through the car in any way.

Not only that, but this warped version of the world around me seems, darker, scarier, even the colors of the environment seem more gloomy, it feels......broken, and even when "dream people" are around, there is a crushing feeling of loneliness, defenselessness, fear.

it also feels like somebody is just watching, always with an endless stare, with no escaping, almost as if whoever was watching would try to kill me if i drop my guard for even a moment.

Edited by CelestialStar

Hi, CS

Thank you for the follow-up.

Not only that, but this warped version of the world around me seems, darker, scarier, even the colors of the environment seem more gloomy, it feels......broken, and even when "dream people" are around, there is a crushing feeling of loneliness, defenselessness, fear.

Although I am still reticent to interrupt what seems like a still unfolding dream series, your description has a ring to it that you might want to think about. You influencing your own dream is OK, I think, me doing it probably isn't so good.

The motif that your remark relates to is called The Wasteland; a lot of people dream it, and it frequently appears in art and literature. It's part of the Grail legend, and is the title of a poem by T.S. Eliot (although he broke it into two words, The Waste Land).

http://www.bartleby.com/201/1.html

(Don't take Eliot's explanation of his poem too seriously.)

You may also find the images that come up on googlebing for the wasteland query interesting. I found myself drawn to this one, based on what you said

http://everlite.devi...and-01-98528559

But that's just me. As you can see, there are a variety of images to look at.

If none of this resonates with you, then I'm barking up the wrong tree, and I apologize. Resume dreaming.

Edited by eight bits

I don't have 8 bits reluctance to interpet dreams, but i do agree that doing so may influence or shape your dream.

Dreams are largely your subconscious, processing information. That information can be from outside you in real life , from your conscious thoughts, or from your subconscious thoughts . 8 bits gave a good general outline of why you might be having this dream. I had a similar recurring dream as a pre- teenager for almost a year.

in the end i got so cranky about it that i consciously intervened in it to alter the outcome. I understood that my dream was connerted to a changing circumstance (me going from primary school to high school and through puberty. )

Not only did this self intervention in the dreamscape solve my dream problem, and i never had it again, but it alleviated any conscious/subconscious fears in real life and showed me that I could also face them, armed with qualities and abilities from within my self.

I would recommend any good book on interpreting dreams to help you understand the symbologies and archetypes found in dreams, but like 8 bits i think you will gain more from this through self realisation than having someone else interpret it for you.

Look for the things/forces etc., in your life which are being represented in symbolic form in your dreams. Often dreams can help us recognise and resolve underlying stresses and concerns in our life. A reccurring dream illustrates; first an ongoing problem, but also an opportunity to become conscious of, then to work through and solve, that problem, both in your dream and in real life.

Ps the reason i do not generally sharee 8bits reluctance to inform peole about dream potentials is that i think that, in order to understand why we have certain dreams, we have to know how dreams work and what symbols represent. For example teenagers comonly dream of their house burning down .This tends to represent teenage angst, not just about the physical importance of their home as a place of securitym but also concerns with family relationships etc.

The teeange concern about these things is converted into a dream where their house is endangered by all consuming fire. In a similar way damage, aging, or alteration to the family home may have similar symbolic meaning. Once we understand this, not only can we stop worrying bout having a constant dream of our house burning, but we can potentially elimnate the dream by understanding it.

We can also be aware of our psychological/subconscious concerns, and work to strengthen things in real life if we wish. As we empower ourselves in real life and are conscious of this, our underlying concerns will lessen and our dreams will become less dark and more positive. When we are in charge of our life we are often in charge of our deams and vice versa

All humam minds work in basically similar ways, and so pyschologists and others interested in the subject, can identify patterns of dream association and symbolism.

Edited by Mr Walker

• 2 weeks later...

I think the labyrinth symbolizes your seeking for answers about life & the need to find the things that will be important to you. Carrying a fan possibly means that you don't want to get into a situation where you feel you cannot breath or are restricted.

Seeing your own area & its people looking gloomy & feeling that you're being watched by hostile eyes means that you're not completely happy in your surroundings & need to make changes in your life that will make you feel a lot better.

I think that's what this all means anyway