Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Flying Creature

KrowMax

Maybe you should tell us where you live in the Philippines: near a jungle or in an urban area.

Did it look like a Philippine Eagle?

Philippine-Eagle-Close-up-photo2-by-Klaus-Nigge.jpg

Awesome bird!

• Like 3

Of Course it's in Urban Area..The only last jungle left in the Philippines is in Davao..I'm in CDO ..And Yeah it looks like Philippine Eagle..

OK, so you live in Cagayan de Oro, Northern Mindanao.

That eagle, the Kalumbata has enough protected space to live in, in central Mindanao, but I won't be surprized if it regularly flies outside the protected area preying on live stock.

I just fell in love with that beautiful bird. :wub:

• Like 1

Humans are terrible at judging size and most often overestimate. We lack the ability to remember things like comparing surroundings and looking for specific details because we tend to not use our senses to the extent we could be.

Odds are that the subject is much smaller than believed. However, it would be great if you could give us some useful details other than the general stuff you've mentioned. Were there mangos in the tree? Did you compare a mango to the size of the subject? Could the flowing part have been feathered? What colors did you see? How did the subject hang onto the tree? Did it have legs? Was it crouching? How close were you to it? Did anyone else see it? Did you have a cell phone with you? If so, why no photo? Did it just sit there or did it take off at some point? Were you clear minded, meaning, having not imbibed any substances or alcohol?

Perhaps the Nullabor Nymph is on holiday.

Hey Evan, DC, Ken, Sakari, Jeff click the link ;)

Nightwalker will already know this one ;)

:nw: Thank You.

Awesome thread really .

A genuine post ,proved to be true ,and we get to see this awesome bird .

Kudos Abramelin

Awesome thread really .

A genuine post ,proved to be true ,and we get to see this awesome bird .

Kudos Abramelin

Thanks Simbi. But there is one problem with the creature being a Philippine eagle: it was 1 AM , in the middle of the night.

Unless it only flew between two trees that stood close together, I do not expect an eagle to fly in the middle of the night, even with artificial lights (street lights).

Another possibility could be a Philippine eagle-owl, but that's a much smaller bird, even for it's own species.

Edited by Abramelin

"Charles Lindbergh, best known for crossing the Atlantic alone and without stopping in 1927, was fascinated by this eagle. As a representative of the World Wildlife Fund, Lindbergh traveled to the Philippines several times between 1969 and 1972, where he helped persuade the government to protect the eagle. In 1969, the Monkey-eating Eagle Conservation Program was started to help preserve this species." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_Eagle#Diet

• Like 1

That Bird is truly awesome but it is instinct now...There only Few Philippine Eagle Left some that can't understand the rule of that bird in the ecosystem ...Hmmmm..

That Bird is truly awesome but it is instinct now...There only Few Philippine Eagle Left some that can't understand the rule of that bird in the ecosystem ...Hmmmm..

Well you never know what or why .Could be the recent weather issues making them move in the dark etc.

Well you never know what or why .Could be the recent weather issues making them move in the dark etc.

Yeah...But the government are giving this eagle a security.....haha..

Hm, I honestly believe you might've seen just a bird or another creature.

What time was it? Do you have any pictures of it?

Hm, I honestly believe you might've seen just a bird or another creature.

What time was it? Do you have any pictures of it?

It's abouts 1:00 AM ..Of course i don't have a picture we felt nervous that time who cares to picture that thing...I like to run that time ...

Hm, okay. Was it near a forest or lake or anything like that?

It's abouts 1:00 AM ..Of course i don't have a picture we felt nervous that time who cares to picture that thing...I like to run that time ...

Hi Krowmax. Thanks for the OP. I have an idea that it's a flying lizard which uses rib-extensions for wings. This would explain the "cape" and why it flies at night.

Hi Krowmax. Thanks for the OP. I have an idea that it's a flying lizard which uses rib-extensions for wings. This would explain the "cape" and why it flies at night.

BATMAN!!!!

Perhaps the Nullabor Nymph is on holiday.

Hey Evan, DC, Ken, Sakari, Jeff click the link ;)

Nightwalker will already know this one ;)

Thanks for pointing that story out to me psyche. :tu: Can you imagine how many more cryptids we would have if everyone knew a publicist? :lol:

Ok?

• Like 1

It's amasing how non-credible and unconvincing someone can come across with just text alone. I can't see you, I can't hear the expression in your voice while describing your tale but I feel like I could trust my ex-girlfriend more than I trust your little story here (my ex-girlfriend was a devious whore).

• Like 1

It's amasing how non-credible and unconvincing someone can come across with just text alone. I can't see you, I can't hear the expression in your voice while describing your tale but I feel like I could trust my ex-girlfriend more than I trust your little story here (my ex-girlfriend was a devious whore).

i don't know your ex-girlfriend but i have to agree with the rest of your post

Edited by JGirl