Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

doctor who killed his kids out in less than 4

glorybebe

He stabbed his children 46 times. He was freed after 46 months.

In the latest twist in a case that has shocked Quebecers, a cardiologist who killed his two children was granted his release from a psychiatric institution Wednesday, with conditions.

The decision to release Guy Turcotte came as little surprise. A jury last year had found him not criminally responsible for killing his three-year-old daughter and five-year-old son.

Since the court verdict, he had been in Montreal's Pinel institute where a panel Wednesday found him mentally fit to be released. The case had provoked a torrent of outrage in Quebec, with Turcotte becoming a household name.

Turcotte told the hearing Wednesday that he wants to lead a regular, productive life - but he's concerned about his newfound notoriety.

"I'd like to work, to do some good around me," the cardiologist told the panel.

"My biggest challenge will be dealing with others, with the public. There's been a lot of badmouthing, a lot of things that will be said. There will be a lot of prejudice against me."

http://www.globalnews.ca/quebec+doctor+who+killed+his+kids+is+out+after+less+than+4+years/6442771375/story.html

:blink: seriously? Maybe the injustice is where I am starting to have a hasher view of law breakers. He killed his kids, he was deemed 'not criminally responsible' due to mental issues....why the HELL is he out?

• Like 1

WTF ?????

I think I want to puke now.

That's shocking..

He's a doctor right?

So he's murdered his own children & they're releasing him.. He'll possibly end up back in the surgery operating on people..

Not trying to be funny, but what if he gets a flashback in theatre?

NM, Wrong post.

Edited by Professor T

I know, this blew my mind when I read it. How could he not be mentally fit for the crime but mentally fit to be out in society? And to say that there will be badmouthing and prejudice? HE KILLED his babies! Damn right there will be prejudice!

• Like 1

What so he isn't even going into a psychiatric hospital?! That's absurd.

When I read the tittle, I thought it was one of the Doctor's from the Doctor who television show. I am such a nerd lol. :su But I agree that why are the realizing him?

Edited by Ryinrea

From the article:

The cardiologist had admitted to stabbing his young children 46 times.

But he said he didn't remember doing it, hadn't wanted to do it, and had been experiencing blackouts on the night of the killings.

He said he was distraught over the breakup of his marriage. Gaston had left him for a family friend who was her personal trainer.

Read it on Global News: Global News | Quebec doctor who killed his kids is out after less than 4 years

Black outs? Really? This is ridiculous anybody can see there was rage and vengeance in his actions together with possible depression, but none of those things will appear in him until such time as he again feels betrayed - how cured is he going to look then?

He killed his own children for goodness sake ... how can you equate you children as objects on which to enact vengeance upon because the mother, your wife is divorcing you? How did the "blackout" claim ride out in court when there was obvious "cause" attached to the crime? And if there was not "cause", if it was insanity, how can they claim to have resolved the possible trigger - it happened out of the blue to a doctor and functioning member of society with no history, how can there be a guarantee that the circumstances won't spontaineously arise where that trigger occurs again?

it's gonna take less to make him react extremely with an acquantaince or stranger than it originally did with his own children the next time, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by libstaK

From the article:

The cardiologist had admitted to stabbing his young children 46 times.

But he said he didn't remember doing it, hadn't wanted to do it, and had been experiencing blackouts on the night of the killings.

He said he was distraught over the breakup of his marriage. Gaston had left him for a family friend who was her personal trainer.

Read it on Global News: Global News | Quebec doctor who killed his kids is out after less than 4 years

Black outs? Really? This is ridiculous anybody can see there was rage and vengeance in his actions together with possible depression, but none of those things will appear in him until such time as he again feels betrayed - how cured is he going to look then?

He killed his own children for goodness sake ... how can you equate you children as objects on which to enact vengeance upon because the mother, your wife is divorcing you? How did the "blackout" claim ride out in court when there was obvious "cause" attached to the crime? And if there was not "cause", if it was insanity, how can they claim to have resolved the possible trigger - it happened out of the blue to a doctor and functioning member of society with no history, how can there be a guarantee that the circumstances won't spontaineously arise where that trigger occurs again?

it's gonna take less to make him react extremely with an acquantaince or stranger than it originally did with his own children the next time, but that's just my opinion.

No, I agree. There is no accountability anymore. He looks so arrogant in the picture. He not only destroyed his wife by killing their children, but got away with it....and doesn't like people looking down at him. What an idiot.

• Like 1

When it comes to actually punishing criminals our system is a joke.

Yes, most definitely. If more and more vigilantes start popping up in the news, we will start to understand why with situations like this.