Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Secret Of The Pyramid.

KrowMax

From your own link;

"The 747-8F's empty weight is 80 tonnes (88 tons) lighter than the A380F..."

This is the freighter version. I presume without evidence to the contrary that the passenger

liner is lighter. These are also lighter if they are stripped to essentials to fly the largest possible

amount of weight. The 747 that carries the space shuttle quit even using jato bottles and the

plane is simply retrofitted to support the weight in an unusual position.

Skipped that part didn't you? That's not 80 tonnes maximum weight. The A380 family is in the 560 tonnes range.

http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamilies/passengeraircraft/a380family/a380-800/specifications/

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt

Skipped that part didn't you? That's not 80 tonnes maximum weight. The A380 family is in the 560 tonnes range.

http://www.airbus.co...specifications/

So you're not even in the ballpark with the 747-8.

The space shuttle is even lighter by a wide margin.

The Endeavor, OV-105, was 172,000 lbs with main engines installed. That's 86 tons, which also exceeds your 64 ton claim.

http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/resources/orbiters/endeavour.html

A loaded tractor trailer on the highway usually weighs more than a 747.

Not possible. Even a 747-100 at "Operating Empty Weight" weighs 162,000 lbs which is 81 tons. No states allow a tractor trailer weight that high.

http://www.airlines-inform.com/commercial-aircraft/Boeing-747-100.html

http://www.ops.fhwa.dot.gov/freight/publications/size_regs_final_rpt/index.htm

cormac

This is all quite apparent except to modern man in his comfort and hubris. It's so much easier

to just chalk everything up to superstition than to get out there and do the research to learn the

truth. If we ever do find the truth we'll find is was science (terrestrial or alien) that accomplished

these stupendous feats. Superstition can not build, it can only destroy.

The research that has been done shows markedly terrestrial as opposed to extraterrestrial methods used in the construction of the GP.

The research that has been done shows markedly terrestrial as opposed to extraterrestrial methods used in the construction of the GP.

Not true, not true... the Nibblers forgot their ACME builditall Mk4 on Niburu and had to panhandle for a few thousand workers with bronze chisels and wood mallets fromthe local chieftains!

• Like 1

I'm certainly a poor researcher but my abilities are irrelevant to the facts and to my findings.

This may possibly be the most profoundly oxymoronic statement in the history of the English language.

• Like 3

Great Pyramids = Egyptians + Ramps + Pharoah

Great Pyramid =\= Aliens/Gods/Magic

• Like 1

This may possibly be the most profoundly oxymoronic statement in the history of the English language.

...And this is another modern superstition.

If you passed out nuclear bombs without instructions at a moron convention (intelligent idiots) would

one make less noise when it went off?

...And this is another modern superstition.

If you passed out nuclear bombs without instructions at a moron convention (intelligent idiots) would

one make less noise when it went off?

How many morons do you know, capable of arming a nuclear bomb? Hmmm. Because it's dead weight until it's armed. Alot like your pronouncements.

cormac

To whom was I rude?

Nova? They used to do an excellent job with everything but now they target audiences with a

4th grade educational level which is about typical for this country. Is it really rude to point out

that they don't do a very good job any longer and that they did an especially poor job with this

one? If memory serves the narrator even has a speech impediment.

PBS? They do the best they can to attract funding which means they try to appeal to a mass

audience.

Egyptology? I'd wager they each said something worse about people who don't agree with them

in the episode.

You? I don't know how. I'm just trying to warn people that if they expect any sort of in depth treat-

ment or any ideas that haven't been bandied about by a failed theory that there's little point to

watching.

It was certainly not my intention to be rude to anyone and I do apologize if you took my comments

as a personal attack. They were not meant this way.

I have giving replying to you a lot of thought, and discussed this with friends. It was brought my attention that I am being hyper sensitive because of recent mass murders in a theater, mall and school. Especially the death of the children. The violence we are experiencing, and all the suicides triggered by what is happening on the internet, give us cause to consider the importance of good manners. While it might not be your intention to shot people down, that is what you have done, and it is not okay. There is a gender difference between how females and males relate. Women's liberation did not make women more powerful, but lead to them more as the boys, in an insane effort to prove themselves equal, and the social ramifications of this are devastating.

My shelves are full of college lectures from The Teaching Company and I am doubting if I will buy any more, because although they are full of information, they also tend to be boring compared to shows like Nova. The way you tore into Nova shows is unnecessary and offensive male one-up-man-ship. It does not make for good feelings. You could say basically the same thing, without being offensive if you wanted to and gave it some thought.

I have mentioned before the great care with which the Japanese choose their words when disagreeing with each other, in the Japanese news shows. If we take care to not offend others or not, is a matter of culture, and in the US we have a violent culture that goes beyond unintended insults, to deliberate attacks, such you how you attacked the information I offer. I will raise awareness of the wrong of this, when I observe it, at least until the murders of all those children is no longer in the news, and I am not reminded again of a teenager committing suicide because of bullying.

I am reminded of the confession made by tough biker guy in a class about abuse. Although he dove right in the middle of abusiveness he did so as a victim of it, and in class, the realization that life does not have to be so painful, brought him to tears. Culturally we have assumed this aggressiveness is human nature. I was proud to wear black and going to fights, and take risk as young people do. I understand the nature of this behavior, but it is also cultural, not just our nature. There are cultures that discourage this behavior.

Nova shows may not give you the deep study of a subject you want, but that is no reason to run down a show that is entertaining and informative at the same time. I offered good information and you insulted what I offered, again. That is not okay. It is offensive and bad manners. Male dominate chimps are more aggressive than female dominate bonobo and I am calling for a new Women's Liberation. One that gives us back the social power we had, and manifest a less aggressive and more cooperative and gentle culture.

How many morons do you know, capable of arming a nuclear bomb? Hmmm. Because it's dead weight until it's armed. Alot like your pronouncements.

cormac

How many jerks do you know? Your communication style is offensive.

How many jerks do you know? Your communication style is offensive.

I was addressing cladking's claim, if you were actually paying attention to what he said in Post #32. So, do YOU want to answer the question.

BTW, I'm not here to pander to you.

cormac

• Like 1

I have giving replying to you a lot of thought, and discussed this with friends. It was brought my attention that I am being hyper sensitive because of recent mass murders in a theater, mall and school. Especially the death of the children. The violence we are experiencing, and all the suicides triggered by what is happening on the internet, give us cause to consider the importance of good manners. While it might not be your intention to shot people down, that is what you have done, and it is not okay. There is a gender difference between how females and males relate. Women's liberation did not make women more powerful, but lead to them more as the boys, in an insane effort to prove themselves equal, and the social ramifications of this are devastating.

My shelves are full of college lectures from The Teaching Company and I am doubting if I will buy any more, because although they are full of information, they also tend to be boring compared to shows like Nova. The way you tore into Nova shows is unnecessary and offensive male one-up-man-ship. It does not make for good feelings. You could say basically the same thing, without being offensive if you wanted to and gave it some thought.

I have mentioned before the great care with which the Japanese choose their words when disagreeing with each other, in the Japanese news shows. If we take care to not offend others or not, is a matter of culture, and in the US we have a violent culture that goes beyond unintended insults, to deliberate attacks, such you how you attacked the information I offer. I will raise awareness of the wrong of this, when I observe it, at least until the murders of all those children is no longer in the news, and I am not reminded again of a teenager committing suicide because of bullying.

I am reminded of the confession made by tough biker guy in a class about abuse. Although he dove right in the middle of abusiveness he did so as a victim of it, and in class, the realization that life does not have to be so painful, brought him to tears. Culturally we have assumed this aggressiveness is human nature. I was proud to wear black and going to fights, and take risk as young people do. I understand the nature of this behavior, but it is also cultural, not just our nature. There are cultures that discourage this behavior.

Nova shows may not give you the deep study of a subject you want, but that is no reason to run down a show that is entertaining and informative at the same time. I offered good information and you insulted what I offered, again. That is not okay. It is offensive and bad manners. Male dominate chimps are more aggressive than female dominate bonobo and I am calling for a new Women's Liberation. One that gives us back the social power we had, and manifest a less aggressive and more cooperative and gentle culture.

There is some truth to what you say and everyone has the right to take offense.

It was not my intention to insult you, though. Perhaps it really is rude to trash things

people like but frankly I find the degradation in Nova somewhat offensive. Certainly

there's still a lot of quality in the program and it is what passes for culture now days so

one could look at its attributes rather than its weaknesses. I generally choose not to.

This may be my failing.

I do hope you stick around and contribute and the link was a solid contribution.

The question isn't how a tree falls in the woods. The question is does it make a noise.

(...and I'm not trying to imply that morons are as inert as wood... ;) )

The question isn't how a tree falls in the woods. The question is does it make a noise.

(...and I'm not trying to imply that morons are as inert as wood... ;) )

Much like the nuclear bomb that's unarmed and therefore can't go off, if there's no evidence of a specific fallen tree then there's no question of what noise that tree made in having fallen.

cormac

Could You Imagine How Ancient Egyptians made there great Pyramid.

Could be possible that people build that at that time..?

This is the best theory I've heard so far and the most believable with the supporting evidence

And now to be honest? we may never know how they really build pyramids,until we find a real proof evidence by the builders itself and their secret knowledge that may be perhaps somewhere underground. By watching egyptian hieroglyphics i went to conclusion that they were doing some kind of rituals,and some beings are really huge,,even bigger then a horse. Many believe that pyramids were build by thousands of slaves,but even if thats the case,then they still had to accumulate a great knowledge how to cut, and move these massive stones.

From wikipedia: The mass of the pyramid is estimated at 5.9 million tonnes. The volume, including an internal hillock, is roughly 2,500,000 cubic metres.[3] Based on these estimates, building this in 20 years would involve installing approximately 800 tonnes of stone every day. Similarly, since it consists of an estimated 2.3 million blocks, completing the building in 20 years would involve moving an average of more than 12 of the blocks into place each hour, day and night.

And we are talking about putting them in place without using modern tech tools and machinery like cranes !!!

I've been trying to convince myself that there was no UFO's or magicians going on but the possible unknown time it took to build still gets me.

Snefru was accused of using prisoners from Libya and Nubia along with captured cattle to help build his projects.(Palermo Stone)

Snefru was Pharaoh before Khufu. I don't think it's to far out of the realm of possibility that a slave force was used and there probably was a majority of them in my opinion. Snefru's slaves had to of died off. I don't know if Egypt kept a livestock of slaves going. I'm not sure if there's evidence of more warfare and capturing of prisoners by Egypt before/during the build of the Pyramids.

The Nile had to be getting flooded a lot during the entire time of the build or else there won't be any peasants leaving to help out.(Farms flooded) and there couldn't be any warfare going on. Lucky them.. Actually that's not lucky at all. The Nile flooded to much and they had few choices to turn to for making a life/money. "Mother nature" forced them into it.

If your friends go you might want to tag a long.

Slaves and most regular day peasants were probably doing all the pushing, pulling and lifting. The masons or the guys who could work stone probably got to mostly stand around while chipping away all day and night then work on the inside of the Pyramid.

Maybe it's not that bad of a job. It's like the life of a body builder for peasants with more beer. If there's no decent town with beer and women then it's going to tough to convince these guys to come which is why I suggest the Nile had to overflowing everywhere all the time. How much is the pay and beer? Is the beer free? They're leaving there families for mostly there entire lives and just sending the money away somehow when there building it? The beer better be free. Did they have a giant postal service? How well did it go over with the ones in power when people decided to leave the project midway or at anytime to go home and did they get paid even though they didn't stay the entire time? How does pay work? Can anyone shine some more light on the subject of pay checks for these guys? Did they drop two coins on some wood and say there you go?

What are the chances of all these guys chipped away at stones then all of them moved the stones to the site together then all of them stacking them together? What a sight that would be. The guys got the stones cut out really fast and it seems like everyone could do it with barely/no training. It seems like they only need there mason force working on the inside but they had to help with everything. They must of gotten rewarded greatly. You don't get to live to much longer if you lasted...

I really think these Pyramids are crappy now compared to other ancient monuments leading up to the rise of the Roman Empire. People here have convinced me that the stones used to build it are poorly worked and just terrible. Terrible masonry. The public really makes the Pyramids out to be something super special. I don't feel that way anymore.

The whole idea of the Pyramids of Giza in my opinion doesn't seem to be a bust just for Egypt.

Edited by kampz

What about all the peasants, masons and slaves all worked the stones(chipped away) at one time together or most then moved all or most of the stones to the site together. A span of around 10 years would of passed and then they started stacking. They could of started there count of how long it took to build after most of the cutting and transporting was completed. So it would be around 40 years instead of 30. Does this work? I'm undecided. Everything had to be going on all at one time in my opinion.

They were building more then one Pyramid at a time though.

I forgot about the Spinx being there before the Pyramids of Giza. There definitely was some type of village there before the Pyramids of Giza. It wasn't a barren wasteland.

Edited by kampz

Could You Imagine How Ancient Egyptians made there great Pyramid.

Could be possible that people build that at that time..?

post-124704-0-91469900-1355465188_thumb.post-124704-0-91469900-1355465188_thumb.

I think that pyramid holds many secret inside it but people did discovered it yet ..Could Anyone discover the true secret of pyramid..Think of it ...It will be the greatest discovery ever...

There are not so much "secrets" as simple unanswered questions:

1) We do not know for sure who built the pyramids at Giza.

2) We do not know for sure when exactly they were built.

3) We do not know for sure why - to what purpose - they were built.

And perhaps most surprisingly, given our technological capacity to analyse (multiplied by the connective power of the Internet)...

4) We do not know how exactly they were built... not even the basics, like how they lifted the blocks (or even if a great number of the blocks used were actually some sort of ancient concrete).

Now Krowmax, these are indeed perplexing unanswered points, but you don't need to fill the knowledge vacuum with mumbo jumbo or extraterrestial input or supernatural nonsense. The answers will come out of rational examination of the evidence.

I've been trying to convince myself that there was no UFO's or magicians going on but the possible unknown time it took to build still gets me.

Snefru was accused of using prisoners from Libya and Nubia along with captured cattle to help build his projects.(Palermo Stone)

Snefru was Pharaoh before Khufu. I don't think it's to far out of the realm of possibility that a slave force was used and there probably was a majority of them in my opinion. Snefru's slaves had to of died off. I don't know if Egypt kept a livestock of slaves going. I'm not sure if there's evidence of more warfare and capturing of prisoners by Egypt before/during the build of the Pyramids.

The Nile had to be getting flooded a lot during the entire time of the build or else there won't be any peasants leaving to help out.(Farms flooded) and there couldn't be any warfare going on. Lucky them.. Actually that's not lucky at all. The Nile flooded to much and they had few choices to turn to for making a life/money. "Mother nature" forced them into it.

If your friends go you might want to tag a long.

Slaves and most regular day peasants were probably doing all the pushing, pulling and lifting. The masons or the guys who could work stone probably got to mostly stand around while chipping away all day and night then work on the inside of the Pyramid.

Maybe it's not that bad of a job. It's like the life of a body builder for peasants with more beer. If there's no decent town with beer and women then it's going to tough to convince these guys to come which is why I suggest the Nile had to overflowing everywhere all the time. How much is the pay and beer? Is the beer free? They're leaving there families for mostly there entire lives and just sending the money away somehow when there building it? The beer better be free. Did they have a giant postal service? How well did it go over with the ones in power when people decided to leave the project midway or at anytime to go home and did they get paid even though they didn't stay the entire time? How does pay work? Can anyone shine some more light on the subject of pay checks for these guys? Did they drop two coins on some wood and say there you go?

What are the chances of all these guys chipped away at stones then all of them moved the stones to the site together then all of them stacking them together? What a sight that would be. The guys got the stones cut out really fast and it seems like everyone could do it with barely/no training. It seems like they only need there mason force working on the inside but they had to help with everything. They must of gotten rewarded greatly. You don't get to live to much longer if you lasted...

I really think these Pyramids are crappy now compared to other ancient monuments leading up to the rise of the Roman Empire. People here have convinced me that the stones used to build it are poorly worked and just terrible. Terrible masonry. The public really makes the Pyramids out to be something super special. I don't feel that way anymore.

The whole idea of the Pyramids of Giza in my opinion doesn't seem to be a bust just for Egypt.

Evidently the workers that built the Great Pyramid were paid workers not slaves.

There are not so much "secrets" as simple unanswered questions:

1) We do not know for sure who built the pyramids at Giza.

2) We do not know for sure when exactly they were built.

3) We do not know for sure why - to what purpose - they were built.

And perhaps most surprisingly, given our technological capacity to analyse (multiplied by the connective power of the Internet)...

4) We do not know how exactly they were built... not even the basics, like how they lifted the blocks (or even if a great number of the blocks used were actually some sort of ancient concrete).

Now Krowmax, these are indeed perplexing unanswered points, but you don't need to fill the knowledge vacuum with mumbo jumbo or extraterrestial input or supernatural nonsense. The answers will come out of rational examination of the evidence.

The existence of camps that could house 20,000 workers, a ramp on the South side of the Great Pyramid and chisel marks on the stones, do not support and actually refute the advanced technology hypothesis. When one views them together it becomes clear that they were built by humans. Since it is highly unlikely that people came from other locations just to build the pyramids, it becomes likely that they were built by those indigenous to the region.

The workers were evidently paid workers and would have been in those camps to perform a job. The number of workers indicates a large job. The only large jobs at Giza would be the construction of the pyramids.

The existence of a sarcophagus in the king's chamber and the presence of mortuary temples indicates a connection with death and burial.

If we look to Coral Castle to see a man by himself, using simple machines, moved and stacked blocks whose average weight was 6 times the average weight of the stones in the Great Pyramid. Now imagine how those stones could have been moved by thousands of workers.

Concrete is not as enduring as stone as can be seen in the deterioration that sets in for concrete after just a few years. If the pyramids were even partially concrete, those parts would have long ago turned to dust leaving large gaps where the concrete once existed.

We may not know all the specifics, but we can apply Logic, Common Sense and Critical Thinking and come up with a quite workable theory.

The existence of camps that could house 20,000 workers, a ramp on the South side of the Great Pyramid and chisel marks on the stones, do not support and actually refute the advanced technology hypothesis. When one views them together it becomes clear that they were built by humans. Since it is highly unlikely that people came from other locations just to build the pyramids, it becomes likely that they were built by those indigenous to the region.

The workers were evidently paid workers and would have been in those camps to perform a job. The number of workers indicates a large job. The only large jobs at Giza would be the construction of the pyramids.

The existence of a sarcophagus in the king's chamber and the presence of mortuary temples indicates a connection with death and burial.

If we look to Coral Castle to see a man by himself, using simple machines, moved and stacked blocks whose average weight was 6 times the average weight of the stones in the Great Pyramid. Now imagine how those stones could have been moved by thousands of workers.

Concrete is not as enduring as stone as can be seen in the deterioration that sets in for concrete after just a few years. If the pyramids were even partially concrete, those parts would have long ago turned to dust leaving large gaps where the concrete once existed.

We may not know all the specifics, but we can apply Logic, Common Sense and Critical Thinking and come up with a quite workable theory.

I agree. But nothing you have said contradicts my points 1 to 4... and all we are left with is a theory. How workable it is is a matter of degree, and often depends on what narrative you have in your head.

We know they were built by someone, somehow, sometime and for some purpose. No surprises there. No aliens. No advanced technology beyond human ingenuity. But the specifics remain unknown and unproven.

Evidently the workers that built the Great Pyramid were paid workers not slaves.

I'm sure the workers got some type of reward but I believe a slave force was used as well. Not a lot but just a majority of all the total workers combined in my opinion. You're not whipping your peasants or they're out of there. Money is a key part along with time. How much were they getting paid? I've figured out ways to get around 100,000 men or a lot to the site on free will.

The reason why I need slaves is because Pharaohs before were using them. There's noway there isn't any slaves present at the site of the Giza Pyramids in my opinion.

As I said before does thousands of guys walking in and out of the project finish the Pyramids on time? If my friends leave I'm probably going too.

There needs to be a endless supply of food and drink.

Like Jurassic Park and raptors, life will find a way to exist. It wouldn't be the end of the World for the peasants if there fields got flooded. How much money or what was the reward for some of these guys?

It takes years for construction workers to complete a road or expressway. Those projects are easy. Did Egyptian pyramid builders work in the rain? The Nile needs to stay flooded.

Edited by kampz

I agree. But nothing you have said contradicts my points 1 to 4... and all we are left with is a theory. How workable it is is a matter of degree, and often depends on what narrative you have in your head.

We know they were built by someone, somehow, sometime and for some purpose. No surprises there. No aliens. No advanced technology beyond human ingenuity. But the specifics remain unknown and unproven.

Without delving into the other aspects of the above (time limitations), you may find the following papers to be of interest in regards to the temporal aspect. Apologies to the other weary members of these pages for the repetition.

http://www.2dcode-r-...rbonproject.pdf

http://img2.tapuz.co...1_143488617.pdf

• Like 1