Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elementary school shooting

Simbi Laveau

UP DATE.. I just heard they have his younger brother in custody............I am waiting to find out why this happened..

• Like 3

This article p***ed me off:

Connecticut school shooting: Lawmakers offer prayers amid calls for gun control

Democratic Rep. Jerry Nadler of New York called for a “serious discussion about gun control.”

“Yet another unstable person has gotten access to firearms and committed an unspeakable crime against innocent children,” Nadler said in a statement.

*snip* You think this is the time to start pushing your politics? I'm tired of people blaming the guns instead of blaming the sick **** that would kill a bunch of kids. I'm only sorry the killer couldn't live to see the long, painful death he deserves.

Edited by Saru
Toned down obscenities
  • Like 1

I fear that in the coming weeks that events like this will be more likely. As we are 6 days out from "The end of the world" such events will more than likely be on the rise. I am waiting to hear who the gunman was and what, if any, connection he may have truely had to the school. Everything is only speculation at this point.

I wondered about that as well, seems every nut job on the planet has came out this year.

OMG's, this guy wake up this morning and put on his to do list, "Go to school and kill a bunch of babies."

Yeah, what the hell. can't even begin to understand why someone would do this.

• Like 3

I wondered about that as well, seems every nut job on the planet has came out this year.

Yeah, what the hell. can't even begin to understand why someone would do this.

If you are close to the TV, stick Sky News on, they are firing out live updates as we post

• Like 1

There is a deeper root problem within society that is causing these shootings. It should be discovered. I believe it is simply the inability to connect to others. Social bonds are being destroyed on all fronts by the march of progress. It began with industrialization and continues with modern social networking. The signs are all over, the animals are increasing on the highway, don't become one. These mass shootings are just ultimate expressions of that. Try holding a door open for someone in the city and get dirty looks or confusion from the person you are trying to help. Try proper introductions with many youths and stopping to get someone's name and say hi is a concept completely foreign to them.

Edited by I believe you
  • Like 4

Who did you vote for?

No, you do not understand the Second Amendment, what it means or how it came about. Nor do you understand the power of the president in our system and his ability to change the system we live in.

Gary Johnson.

The second amendment is meant to be the safeguard of our Republic. My family fought in the American Revolution. I have a picture of the Minute Battalion of Culpeper County, Virginia on the wall directly above me... I'm a member of the Sons of the American Revolution... My family has fought in every major war. Do not insult me.

We have arms in order to defend our freedoms - which either come from our humanity, or come from our government - which side of the argument indicates your political views... We have arms in order to redress our government if we deem it fit - to abolish the power of those who do not do their job..

When people are going to talk about gun changes - which they will after this horrendous incident, legislation will be on the minds of some. The UN already has been on America's ass about restricting the sales of assault rifles.

Again, you don't need to be a genius to figure this out.

I rather not make this topic about politics, so I will relent here. Let's save this topic for the mourning of those poor souls departed from this earth on this terrible, terrible morning.

Edited by Drayno
  • Like 4

Guys I wish you would take your worry over politics elsewhere . This thread is a tragic story.. Using it to yap over * Oh our gun laws may suffer now * .. Right now, people are more concerned with the actual story at hand.. not your worry over gun laws.. Give it a rest..

• Like 6

Guys I wish you would take your worry over politics elsewhere . This thread is a tragic story.. Using it to yap over * Oh our gun laws may suffer now * .. Right now, people are more concerned with the actual story at hand.. not your worry over gun laws.. Give it a rest..

I rather not make this topic about politics, so I will relent here. Let's save this topic for the mourning of those poor souls departed from this earth on this terrible, terrible morning.
  • Like 2

If you are close to the TV, stick Sky News on, they are firing out live updates as we post

Thanks for the info, but I stopped paying ym TV license cause i never watch live TV anymore, use on demand stuff.

i agree with you, and also just like millions others want it not to happen anymore. but to make that happen, we need to find the couse of the problem, not go after means (guns), but all we do is that , going after guns, and that gets us no where. pretty much a fact. we fail everytime we do it, yet there are planty of ppl that want to do it again, doing something useless takes you away from doing something usefull.

• Like 1

Gary Johnson.

The second amendment is meant to be the safeguard of our Republic. My family fought in the American Revolution. I have a picture of the Minute Battalion of Culpeper County, Virginia on the wall directly above me... I'm a member of the Sons of the American Revolution... My family has fought in every major war. Do not insult me.

We have arms in order to defend our freedoms - which either come from our humanity, or come from our government - which side of the argument indicates your political views... We have arms in order to redress our government if we deem it fit - to abolish the power of those who do not do their job..

When people are going to talk about gun changes - which they will after this horrendous incident, legislation will be on the minds of some. The UN already has been on America's ass about restricting the sales of assault rifles.

Again, you don't need to be a genius to figure this out.

Once again I will stop this discussion here...but stop acting as if I keep pulling the thread in this direction...

This is a horrible tragedy...

Watch Obama spin this an enact anti-gun laws.

Goodbye second amendment, hello tyranny.

Public opinion is about to manipulated.. in the likes you have never seen before.

You brought in anti-gun laws and politics...

Once again I will stop this discussion here...but stop acting as if I keep pulling the thread in this direction...

You brought in anti-gun laws and politics...

And you chose to respond. End of story.

If the shooter was speaking of end of the world rhetoric, we can expect more chaos like this to come about..

Many more people will act questionably in the face of what they perceive to be the end of the world..

Apparently the gunmans younger brother has been arrested and the gunmans GF and a friend of relative of the GF, are missing

• Like 1

Apparently the gunmans younger brother has been arrested and the gunmans GF and a friend of relative of the GF, are missing

Maybe they're afraid he's involved to some degree? I wouldn't go so far as to say they're arresting him for his own safety.

If he's been arrested, they probably believe they're is some conspiracy.

i agree with you, and also just like millions others want it not to happen anymore. but to make that happen, we need to find the couse of the problem, not go after means (guns), but all we do is that , going after guns, and that gets us no where. pretty much a fact. we fail everytime we do it, yet there are planty of ppl that want to do it again, doing something useless takes you away from doing something usefull.

I agree, people didn't go on these sorts of shooting sprees 50 years ago. They had guns too, what's the difference? The difference is lack of accountability in people who claim to be victims of society or use mental issues to explain away their actions and the apologists who create permissive environments by explaining away the actions of others.

• Like 3

[...]We have arms in order to defend our freedoms - which either come from our humanity, or come from our government - which side of the argument indicates your political views... We have arms in order to redress our government if we deem it fit - to abolish the power of those who do not do their job..

[...]

So, did you used arms to redress government? Guess not. All words....

[...] to abolish the power of those who do not do their job..

[...]

Hmmm, if someone will come up with an idea you are not doing your job, is he permitted to gun you? Those folks (some of them outright morons) in government are just like you, me, and the other guy/gal.

Actually that is determined by mods and the forum rules.... They are posted on the site if you would care to read them.

Whatever....I have only observed a couple of people thinking this was "their" thread.

I digressed anyway so keep your outrageous-ness to yourself from this point forward.

If I feel like commenting...I will and as long as it has relevance to the tragedy and the thread and is not vulgar or attacking another poster...it is within T & C...find a empty chair to talk to...

• Like 1

Maybe they're afraid he's involved to some degree? I wouldn't go so far as to say they're arresting him for his own safety.

If he's been arrested, they probably believe they're is some conspiracy.

I was told the brother was the one hiding in the woods nearby.

If your child was one of the innocent victims would you give then such an answer?

Enouhg already with the gun desire. Yes, guns do kill, faster then the cigarret.

I would definitely desire to get a gun and settle this with personal justice. One in each foot, one in each knee cap, one in each hand, one in each bicep, one right next to each ear to make him def, one near each eye to sear them and blind him the one in then nuts and let the bleeding take its course. Truth is, I'm not violent and probably couldn't but that's what I would like to do if it was my kid.

The guy they caught should be strung up in the streets to be stoned. Sometimes old fashioned justice just seems reasonable.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-

What a horrible tragedy. p***es me off. wtf wtfwtf This is one of the few things I envy about Japan and China. They have a very, very strict gun ban. Just yesterday some guy in China went crazy with a knife at a elementary school. 20 something kids injured but zero killed.

• Like 1

Quote from a teacher:

Hero teacher Kaitlin Roig tells ABC News that she barricaded her first grade students in classroom bathroom and locked the door when she first heard gun shots. “The kids were being so good. They asked: ‘Can we go see if anyone is out there? … I just want Christmas… I don’t want to die, I just want to have Christmas.’ I said, you’re going to have Christmas and Hanukkah.. I tried to be positive.”

:cry:

• Like 3

Just want to say to my fellow Americans that I'm so sorry to hear this appalling news. It can't get any worse than shooting little kiddies... my heart goes out to all the families concerned. :cry:

• Like 4

So, did you used arms to redress government? Guess not. All words....

Hmmm, if someone will come up with an idea you are not doing your job, is he permitted to gun you? Those folks (some of them outright morons) in government are just like you, me, and the other guy/gal.

I did not want to respond, but it seems I have no choice..

I have not used arms to redress government, personally, no. I don't seek out violence.

There have been many institutions changed through revolution or redress, however. And the founders of this country believed in the right to redress government.

As for the statement I made about abolishing the power of those in charge, either you're accidentally taking it out of context, or you deliberately are seeking some form of debate. The redress of government is reserved for those in tyrannical positions of power. Sic Semper Tyrannis is the proper slogan to this philosophy; "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Anyways, let's not have this discussion. It was perhaps my mistake for bringing it up on this topic in the first place. I am mature enough to say that to you all. If you want to discuss it elsewhere, I'll create a separate topic for discussion on the second amendment and its relevance in the 21st century..

Any further discussion of the second amendment needs to be off this topic.

• Like 1