Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Fire Arms laws and regulations

Dredimus

I am certainly not gonna make excuses for the governments spending habits. But I am gonna fight for my Constitutional Rights.

I disagree. It's been proven that all types of people have turned in guns in these programs.

It will be successful because it can show the anti-gun folks that steps are being taken and it should be well-received by the pro-gun folks because it is completely voluntary.

Voluntary means it is up to you. You do not have to sell your gun. It's a choice. That is what I want.

it has been proven to be a faluire to stop crime. hard data proves it. no crime drop=falure. that is all there is to it.

i will keep my guns, but you feel free to give yours away, in fact you should, i actualy think all of you antiguners should never touch a gun, it will be absolutely useless in your hands anyway, and most likely will end up in wrong hands.

since you blame everyone\everything aroud, but not the shooter, i'd say concept of personal responcibuility is alien to you.

Edited by aztek

I think your missing some of the conversation aztec. We are talking about 100% voluntary SAFE zone turn in were questions are not asked so even an illegal gun owner could turn in a gun without risk of arrest.

Its really not about gun control. Or crime rates. Its just doesnt my violate my Constitutional Rights to do it.

• Like 1

You missed the reply above yours :)

Volunteer hand over, no problem.....

You're right, I did miss it.

We could pay for this by selling all the guns collected to Mexico :w00t:

Actually, I'd like to see these guns re-sold to responsible buyers. Although the media outcry on that would be too much.

it has been proven to be a faluire to stop crime. hard data proves it. no crime drop=falure. that is all there is to it.

i will keep my guns, but you feel free to give yours away, in fact you should, i actualy think all of you antiguners should never touch a gun, it will be absolutely useless in your hands anyway, and most likely will end up in wrong hands.

since you blame everyone\everything aroud, but not the shooter, i'd say concept of personal responcibuility is alien to you.

Whoa there fellow. I'd already said I would not give mine away. Why do you have a problem with a voluntary program? It helps ease the anti-gun tension. Isn't that what you want?

I think your missing some of the conversation aztec. We are talking about 100% voluntary SAFE zone turn in were questions are not asked so even an illegal gun owner could turn in a gun without risk of arrest.

Its really not about gun control. Or crime rates. Its just doesnt my violate my Constitutional Rights to do it.

One benefit I see is that it would give people who no longer want their gun or have a gun they would like to get rid of an outlet.

Yes. It would take little management as there would be no records as it is voluntary and safe. Only need a few drop off spots or a small group that goes from town/city once a month or something like that and then there destroyed/ sold to Mexico or made into scrap to build other things.

Its about getting the gun control mongers happy then hopefully there can be a serious discussion about what is the cause of these mass shooting. IMO that would be about medicating our children so often and heavily.

As said, talk is of a voluntary sale....Personally, I only have 2 now, a pistol and a 12 gauge....The rest were stolen in Nevada ( nice arsenal ).....

Whether I had them all, or what I have, I would not be in that line.

But, their could be grandmas and such that have no need for their guns, and can get them to a safer place then their closet...

I would still like to see a HUGE crackdown on illegal guns, marshal law for a few weeks in LA and such....Go get em'

Going to add this to the discussion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbria_shootings

A case that wasn't made into a big deal for some reason^ only 2 years ago in the UK.

A report backing up exactly what I was saying before:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/17/guns-mass-killings-worldwide/1776191/

Nothing to do with gun laws, it's to do with culture etc.

if you think the US having similar gun laws to the UK will change things, then you are wrong. In fact it might even make the situation worse.

Also like to add, that if they make stricter gun laws I hope the police are part of these laws.

• Like 1

Whoa there fellow. I'd already said I would not give mine away. Why do you have a problem with a voluntary program? It helps ease the anti-gun tension. Isn't that what you want?

lol, it may ease tensions, but it doesn't do what it is was put in place to do, reduce crime. it just doesn't.

do you really think any of those school shooters, would just give up their guns, and shooting would not happen??? in fact most didn't even have guns untill shortly before they decided to shoot up the school. it is not like that had stockpile and one day though, let me go and use it someplace, no, they aquired guns with intent to kill.

first was intent, than they got guns, take intent away, and even 100 guns in their rooms would not hurt anyone.

Edited by aztek

One benefit I see is that it would give people who no longer want their gun or have a gun they would like to get rid of an outlet.

anyone who no longer wants a gun should go to gun shop and sell it, fill out application to get that gun removed from your records. only an idiot would go to such buy back programms to give up their legal gun. it wont be removed from your record. also i have no faith that those guns will not end up stolen from police, and used in crime, it has happened before. than yuou'll be in uncomfortable spot explaining how your regestered gun ended up in crime. i don't belive for 1 second cops will go thru trouble to trace each serial to remove it from records, after all it is Anonymous program.

Edited by aztek

anyone who no longer wants a gun should go to gun shop and sell it, fill out application to get that gun removed from your records. only an idiot would go to such buy back programms to give up their legal gun. it wont be removed from your record. also i have no faith that those guns will not end up stolen from police, and used in crime, it has happened before. than yuou'll be in uncomfortable spot explaining how your regestered gun ended up in crime. i don't belive for 1 second cops will go thru trouble to trace each serial to remove it from records, after all it is Anonymous program.

You just hit on something....

I had guns stolen, the police said I would never see them again most likely...If used in a crime, they do not return them to rightful owner.

So, if my stolen guns are taken to one of these things, I still do not get my stolen guns back......Not liking that idea.

Would selling guns back to gun dealwers voluntarily make the anti gun mongers happy ? I dont think thats visible enough for them right now.

Would selling guns back to gun dealwers voluntarily make the anti gun mongers happy ? I dont think thats visible enough for them right now.

we want to reduce crime, not please clueless gun mongers.

Going to add this to the discussion:

http://en.wikipedia....mbria_shootings

A case that wasn't made into a big deal for some reason^ only 2 years ago in the UK.

A report backing up exactly what I was saying before:

http://www.usatoday....ldwide/1776191/

Nothing to do with gun laws, it's to do with culture etc.

if you think the US having similar gun laws to the UK will change things, then you are wrong. In fact it might even make the situation worse.

Also like to add, that if they make stricter gun laws I hope the police are part of these laws.

It wasn't made a big deal out of because the UK is the beacon for which the liberals/media aspire to be when it comes to gun laws. They can't openly put a blemish on the facade... a perfect fantasy world without guns.

• Like 2

Personally, I think getting concealed weapons into the hands of lawful citizens is a better reaction than stricter gun laws. Criminals can always steal a gun and go on a shooting rampage, so all the restricting gun laws in the world are completely pointless.

• Like 2

Really. Whos sponsoring the new AWB ?

Opponents of the ban claimed that its expiration has seen little if any increase in crime, while Senator Diane Feinstein claimed the ban was effective because "It was drying up supply and driving up prices." [6]

Personally, I think getting concealed weapons into the hands of lawful citizens is a better reaction than stricter gun laws. Criminals can always steal a gun and go on a shooting rampage, so all the restricting gun laws in the world are completely pointless.

:tu:

Some have said, the mother is to blame because she took her son to shooting ranges .. Thing is , many parents have taken their kids along to shooting ranges, but it doesn't make them killers..

That sounds fine, but anyone who owns a legal gun and wants to get rid of it can either turn it into the police or sell it legally in a variety of ways already. While disposing of illegal guns no questions asked sounds ok at first thought you need to consider how many murder weapons and general gun crime related firearms would be disposed of. What I'm saying is it's an easy way for criminals to get rid of the evidence. Sure, that's better than them keeping it but it also may enable them to never get caught. Just some things to be concerned about is all.

Yep. The fact that where this shooting and the Batman theater shooting and many others I'm sure took place ARE GUN FREE ZONES doesn't play into the anti-gun argument. Criminals obviously ignore laws and guns will never disappear, illegal or not. So the only thing I'd like to add to the gun control debate is that more people should have them. One or two armed persons in that school may not have stopped everything but I'd bet far fewer than 26 people would have died.

Some have said, the mother is to blame because she took her son to shooting ranges .. Thing is , many parents have taken their kids along to shooting ranges, but it doesn't make them killers..

you're right it doesn't, even if she didn't take him to the range, it would not change a thing. another point however, she knew her kid was "special" idk how her weapons were stored, but if they were out in the open, she made a big mistake. she paid for it. but would this shooting still happen if her guns were locked, i think it will. he would find them somewhere else, he did try to buy one before, no one sold him a gun, if mothers guns were not available, he would go find someone to buy it from illegaly. he was determined to kill, he would find a way.

hey Michelle.. im not having a go at you.. just curious about why would you ever feel the need to have a gun with you when you leave the house?? i cant work out the point of it.. are you scared someone will try and rob you as you walk around your town/city??

thanks..

edit.. i just read back a bit and saw that you are a business owner, so that is the reason??

Yes, we have a business in an area that has become increasingly more dangerous over the years. Most other places, and at home, it isn't much of a concern, but many times I am alone at the shop all day while the guys are out on jobs.

you're right it doesn't, even if she didn't take him to the range, it would not change a thing. another point however, she knew her kid was "special" idk how her weapons were stored, but if they were out in the open, she made a big mistake. she paid for it. but would this shooting still happen if her guns were locked, i think it will. he would find them somewhere else, he did try to buy one before, no one sold him a gun, if mothers guns were not available, he would go find someone to buy it from illegaly. he was determined to kill, he would find a way.

The thing with this story is, we have not learned the full facts..I am sure we will get a chance to read them soon enough though

Edited by Beckys_Mom

we want to reduce crime, not please clueless gun mongers.

Not true for me. While reducing crime could be a bonus, I just want the anti-gun crap to end.

That sounds fine, but anyone who owns a legal gun and wants to get rid of it can either turn it into the police or sell it legally in a variety of ways already. While disposing of illegal guns no questions asked sounds ok at first thought you need to consider how many murder weapons and general gun crime related firearms would be disposed of. What I'm saying is it's an easy way for criminals to get rid of the evidence. Sure, that's better than them keeping it but it also may enable them to never get caught. Just some things to be concerned about is all.

It just makes it easy for people to dispose of unwanted guns. That is a good thing. After a few google searches I found that many widows still had their husbands guns and didn't know what to do with them. The buy program gave them an outlet. Many were found to be loaded and ready to go. Most people who have an unwanted gun are apprehensive to take it somewhere to sell it.

I don't see any reason that giving people an easy outlet to dispose of UNWANTED guns is bad. It's a choice. Having a choice is a good thing.