Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

if evil welcomes evil...

lettergirl

If evil welcomes evil, then is the evil doer ever punished? I heard people say, "I hope he burns in hell for that." just thinking out loud. hmmmm

Edited by Paranoid Android
Edited to fix unfinished thread question

Maybe you can explain what you are trying to say.

LOL yeah a little more explanation is needed

Discussions like these don't work on the internet because the answer that lingers around the question is that evil is subjective.

I'm sorry i accidently posted this unfinished. I did not realize, until this very moment.

What the intended question is......

If evil welcomes evil, then is the evil doer ever punished? I heard people say, "I hope he burns in hell for that." just thinking out loud. hmmmm

• Like 1

I don't know, but it makes me feel better if I think they are. Nobody ever said life is fair. . .

I'm sorry i accidently posted this unfinished. I did not realize, until this very moment.

He/she will find out when they die.

• 3 weeks later...

This reminds me of a logical paradox: "There are no more killers on this island. Yesteday we executed last one." :D

Point is, if you punish someone, does it necessary make you evil? Or if you're just trying to make justice upon the wrongdoer?

In human society i think we are used to punishing wrongdoers by containing them in the prisons for amount of time equal to the severity of the crime. Is that action evil? It is, if you're imprisoning innocent person, but it is in interest of society if you do it to the wrongdoer, and it is called justice.

And "Burning in hell" is the absolute form of christian justice, reserved for the ones who have done wrong to other humans. But that also implies that you can't burn eternally in hell, because the punishment should last for amount of time equal to the severity of the crime.

So at the end, we might conclude that evil wellcomes evil, but at the end it will be treated with justice.

• Like 1

Lol I dont know why this is funny to me, i think is because when you begin i expect your ending to be different from the op but it is pretty much the same...

I would say only god can punish so I wouldn't be worried about what another human has to think about that. Why would you welcome evil, and why would you claim to be evil..?

Edited by SpiritWriter

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible that there is no hell and the people that sin and murder dont have any kind of punishment to look forward too after they die? I think that people just say " oh I hope he/she burns in hell " as more of a way to comfort themselfs, they may believe in a literal form of hell also. But for me I dont think there is a hell that you go to where you suffer after your death. I remember watching this thing on Ted Bundy and all of the people that came to sit outside of the prison when his time in the electric chair came. I remember in the video they had signs and where cheering on the death of this man, and the signs said things like ' your gonna burn in hell Ted ' and ' satan is your real father ' etc. But I dont believe he is in hell burning, I think hes just dead...

I saw the comment that god is the only one that can bring real justice and I agree with that but why would a loving god punish people, I would assume death would be punishment enough... But those are just my views on the matter.

Is it possible that there is no hell and the people that sin and murder dont have any kind of punishment to look forward too after they die? I think that people just say " oh I hope he/she burns in hell " as more of a way to comfort themselfs, they may believe in a literal form of hell also. But for me I dont think there is a hell that you go to where you suffer after your death. I remember watching this thing on Ted Bundy and all of the people that came to sit outside of the prison when his time in the electric chair came. I remember in the video they had signs and where cheering on the death of this man, and the signs said things like ' your gonna burn in hell Ted ' and ' satan is your real father ' etc. But I dont believe he is in hell burning, I think hes just dead...

I saw the comment that god is the only one that can bring real justice and I agree with that but why would a loving god punish people, I would assume death would be punishment enough... But those are just my views on the matter.

I think evil is something that needs to be overcome. A person committing these types of attrocities you mention is bringing hell upon his victims, he is in a state of hell himself and needs to be delivered. A loving god is able to do that and also has the authority to judge. One thing humans dont have the authority to do is to assign plots in the afterlife. We can overcome our own evils while here on earth. If a person is commiting sin against others and wants to bring comfort to themselves by saying - there will be no punishment for me here or in another life I think they are living under an illusion.. at some point they will receive a wake up call and need to make a decision, fight to break free of thier sickness or continue in thier own hell.

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

Our punishment is to become fully what we have become by our evil choices, no outside force need punish us....however an outside force may be need to forgive, heal and show mercy. That takes a turn (conversion) towards something other than evil and self centered manipulative actions.

peace

mark

Discussions like these don't work on the internet because the answer that lingers around the question is that evil is subjective.

Well that is until something evil happens to you. Say someone you love is hurt, killer or worse by another human. The fact that we desire justice seems to point to some kind of objective morality.

Peace

mark

Perhaps salvation is to be saved from ourselves, that God has nothing to do with dammnation, we damn ourselves willing by allowing our seeking after something good to the point of killing our using others, then it become a way of life. In the end, only grace can take us off this road that leads downward. We call that grace 'Love". In life, to be loved by another is a grace, a gift, and can be healing if allowed to sink in. The love of God is infinite, so to allow that in is salvation and healing.

peace

mark

Edited by markdohle

I think evil is something that needs to be overcome. A person committing these types of attrocities you mention is bringing hell upon his victims, he is in a state of hell himself and needs to be delivered. A loving god is able to do that and also has the authority to judge. One thing humans dont have the authority to do is to assign plots in the afterlife. We can overcome our own evils while here on earth. If a person is commiting sin against others and wants to bring comfort to themselves by saying - there will be no punishment for me here or in another life I think they are living under an illusion.. at some point they will receive a wake up call and need to make a decision, fight to break free of thier sickness or continue in thier own hell.

Well said, we all need that wake up call I believe. Each of us I think will have an experience like St. Paul, and then we choose, either life or death.....love or non-love.....

Peace

mark

On thing, if there is no afterlife, and yes there may not be, though I do have faith. No afterlife, then there is no justice in point of fact. If no afterlife, then we live in a world were 'evil' wins out. There can be no balance and the desire that humans have for justice will go forever unaswered.

If morality is truly subjective, then it does not matter what we do in reality.....the only consequence is getting caught. To kill or love is equal, it depends on what one desires to do. I don't believe that of course. We are commanded to love one another because it is in fact hard to do, perhaps impossible without grace. By love I mean to love those truly "other".

As my friend doug likes to state: "If I have a conversation with a humanist and he gives me his take on morality, I may agree with him, but what if I don't(?)......good and evil is subjective".

Peace

Mark

Well that is until something evil happens to you. Say someone you love is hurt, killer or worse by another human. The fact that we desire justice seems to point to some kind of objective morality.

Peace

mark

Some see killing as justice under certain circumstances so a conflict immediately arises about who is right,and all challengers of the idea will not go quietly.

Two wrongs don't make a right. It's as simple as that.

this a political thread ?

The whole evil is subjective statement bothers me because I think most of us can agree on the fact that what Hitler did was evil