Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

very brave FSA fighter

the-Unexpected-Soul

Being willing to take a bullet for a stranger is an incredible act of self sacrifice. I've heard and read that fighting in war causes some people to become their best. I just saw that, I think.

• Like 3

Being willing to take a bullet for a stranger is an incredible act of self sacrifice. I've heard and read that fighting in war causes some people to become their best. I just saw that, I think.

That vid made the news here in NY.That's how I knew he was only 17 .She died too.....

sighs

Brave kid!!

And low-life, scumsucking, SOB-snipers are the most cowardly action a man can take on.

Same ***** was happening in Bosnia were snipers laid in some bushes, or up in some house, picking of civilians in the city. Cowards.

• Like 1

So brave!! :tu:

Let's not glamorize war here. War causes tragedy, death, and desperation. Responding to that tragedy and death are acts of incredible courage and sacrifice. But the war is incidental not necessary. It merely provides an "opportunity", the same way 9/11 did. This young man would have responded the same to other stressful and life-ending tragedies as well. It doesn't take a war to make a gunman, nor do horrific tragedies need anything to do with guns.

Speaking of courage, Arwa Damon must be the bravest news reporter alive today. She always travels to the hot spots and lives there so she can give us reports like this one.

• Like 1

I've heard and read that fighting in war causes some people to become their best.

But most to become their worst...

But most to become their worst...

Yes, because war makes good people better and bad people worse. It can’t turn an ******* into a good person or vice versa, it merely works with what you already have. Just like any other extreme situation, the longer it lasts, the more of true you emerges... *rant withheld*

• Like 2

Sounds like the attitude of someone who's won some wars in their day.

War changes who people are. War changes the "truth". It doesn't shepherd anyone to it. It only provides an opportunity for us to express ourselves in violent ways.

Sounds like the attitude of someone who's won some wars in their day.

War changes who people are. War changes the "truth". It doesn't shepherd anyone to it. It only provides an opportunity for us to express ourselves in violent ways.

In case that was meant for me:

I won no war in my day, but my brothers won it. I just was on the same front line with them because my house and our hospital happened to be at said ****en front line.

Anyone who has a problem with my violence should have stopped the original violence being unleashed on me. Using power of persuasion backed up by inspirational quotes.

So when I say war doesn’t change people, I talk about me, my family and my friends. Even my husband’s dog, who remained happy little friendly b******. She experienced more artillery attacks than average career soldier, but she didn’t turn into pit-bull or werewolf.

War didn’t change us. It made us realise who we are, though.

War didn’t change the truth I live with. It added some horrors to it, though.

Feel free to quote me.

In case that was meant for me:

I won no war in my day, but my brothers won it. I just was on the same front line with them because my house and our hospital happened to be at said ****en front line.

Anyone who has a problem with my violence should have stopped the original violence being unleashed on me. Using power of persuasion backed up by inspirational quotes.

So when I say war doesn’t change people, I talk about me, my family and my friends. Even my husband’s dog, who remained happy little friendly b******. She experienced more artillery attacks than average career soldier, but she didn’t turn into pit-bull or werewolf.

War didn’t change us. It made us realise who we are, though.

War didn’t change the truth I live with. It added some horrors to it, though.

Feel free to quote me.

That's what I thought. If you had lost the war, you'd be under the control of your enemy and you wouldn't be able to say that war didn't change the truth you live with. That's just a matter of perspective, not a universal truth.

That's what I thought. If you had lost the war, you'd be under the control of your enemy and you wouldn't be able to say that war didn't change the truth you live with. That's just a matter of perspective, not a universal truth.

I’m tempted to nitpick, but let’s not philosophise too much in a thread that rightfully belongs to astonishingly brave young man, may peace come very soon to him and his folk.

• Like 1

Assad has killed so many, I think a bullet in his head would be justice. And yet how much force do we expect a hypothetical government to use to hang on to its power?

Regardless...may peace come soon to Syria.

• Like 1

a thread that rightfully belongs to astonishingly brave young man, may peace come very soon to him and his folk.

This.

• Like 2