Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
joc

Today I am a Black Belt in TaeKwonDo!

31 posts in this topic

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND! Proud of you! That is a great accomplishment and right up my ally as I've been in the Military since I was 17 and S.O. Military for 6+ years, as well as, I started training mixed martial arts when I was 7 years old. Started in Brazilian Ju-Jitsu that progressed in everything from Aikido to Chin Na to Russian Systema to Hapkido.

You sir, are my new best friend on these forums! lol Congratulations again! That's no easy accomplishment and you should be VERY proud man!!!! :tu::clap:

Thank you very much! I've studied Ju-Jitsu on a very limited basic level...alot of Hapkido. While I can look at where I am from when I started, I look up and see this incredible mountain that I still want to climb. My Master has a sign on the entrance to the Do-jang...Black Belt isn't the end of anything...it's only the beginning! That is so true. It was a mystery to me for so long why so many of these kids get their Black Belts and you never see them again...they just got their BB and they are finished. Then it dawned on me one day; they set their goal to become a BB. I never set a goal in TKD...I just seek to become a Master...it will take me the rest of my life...but then again, for me, this is a life path. Anyway, thanks for your Kudos and for service to our Country!

:tu::gun:

I give you a complimentary piece of Ginseng Candy:

GinsengCandy_zps419577d1.jpg

1 person likes this

Thank you very much! I've studied Ju-Jitsu on a very limited basic level...alot of Hapkido. While I can look at where I am from when I started, I look up and see this incredible mountain that I still want to climb. My Master has a sign on the entrance to the Do-jang...Black Belt isn't the end of anything...it's only the beginning! That is so true. It was a mystery to me for so long why so many of these kids get their Black Belts and you never see them again...they just got their BB and they are finished. Then it dawned on me one day; they set their goal to become a BB. I never set a goal in TKD...I just seek to become a Master...it will take me the rest of my life...but then again, for me, this is a life path. Anyway, thanks for your Kudos and for service to our Country!

:tu::gun:

I give you a complimentary piece of Ginseng Candy:

GinsengCandy_zps419577d1.jpg

You have a great mind set, and one that is very rare! I'm not sure if you've heard of Russian Systema, but you should look in to it.

You have a great mind set, and one that is very rare! I'm not sure if you've heard of Russian Systema, but you should look in to it.

I just watched a youtube video...very impressive...I will look into that. Thanks. :tu:

If I ever decide to become a martial arts expert, I hope that I would be fortunate enough to never have to use it (other than in friendly competitions).

If I ever decide to become a martial arts expert, I hope that I would be fortunate enough to never have to use it (other than in friendly competitions).

I hope I never find myself in a situation which would require me fighting anyone. But...that is the whole point of the martial arts. The reason Martial Arts exist is not for sport...even though it has become a sport. But the sport aspect of it is competition...and that is good. I can honestly say that before I became involved in TaeKwondo, if I were to have found myself in a situation where my safety was compromised, I would have been pretty clueless. I'm not clueless anymore. I might still get beat up or killed...but at least I have an arsenal of things I can do to protect myself and others around me. :yes: It is a path worth pursuing.

Earning a black belt is a huge accomplishment.

However, no matter how tough and skilled you are at fighting, their's always someone else that can beat you up. So even if I had a black belt in TaeKwonDo, I would much rather not ever have to be in a situation where I had to physically fight someone.