Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaurs are in the Bible

Copen

Christians are becoming more aware that dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible. Of course, they are not called dinosaurs but leviathans. The description of them satisfies many that this description of a serpent with a huge tail to be dinosaurs. They were here at the same time as humans and were here until the flood when they were suddenly wiped out.

On Day Five of the creation week, God created great "whales" - according to the KJV version. The KJV translation was finished in 1611. At that time, petrified dinosaur bones had not been discovered until the middle to late 1700's. Therefore, the KJV translators had nothing to compare with the Hebrew word "tanniym" except a whale. The word "tanniym" means preternatural marine/land hideous monster, dragon or whale. Preternatural means out of the natural. Renditions of dinosaurs shows they are animals that look quite out of the natural from animals with us today.

They were created on Day Five. Five is God's number for death. These animals were intended to some day die. Which they did in Noah's flood. A day of creation consisted of an evening and a day. In other words, Day Five was 24 hours long just as the other creation days were 24 hours long. It did not take millions of years for all this to take place. God spoke them into existence.

Job 41: 1; Ps 74: 14; Ps 104: 26; Isa 27: 1 mentions the leviathan.

There are books by Christian scientists to be found on this subject at such sites as www.CreationResearchInstitute.com and www.AnswersInGenesis.com.

Pictures of these petrified bones still embedded in rock show they died in water and were quickly entombed in mud that caused them to not be exposed to the elements which normally cause decomposition. Glen Rose, TX has found and photographed foot prints of dinosaur tracks with human tracks preserved in a layer below the dinosaur tracks. The dinosaur tracks should have been below the human tracks if they were extinct by the time humans evolved millions of years later.

Scientific Christians have written books that show that the earth is from 8,000 to 10,000 years old at the oldest, not millions of years.

God bless us all is my prayer.

• Like 1

There are no human foot prints in the Paluxy Riverbed, http://www.talkorigi...aqs/paluxy.html

These "scientific" Christians are anything but scientific.

References in the Bible of your dinosaurs don't even resemble dinosaurs.

http://www.stupiddinosaurlies.org/the-truth-about-behemoth

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 6

The Creation Research Institute and Answers in Genesis are not run by scientists. They are not scientific organizations. They do not have any credible support from scientists, from any field, let alone fields which would be relevant to this topic. You're getting your information from highly, highly dubious sources.

• Like 4

Another OOPARTS thread aye?

hell, OOPArts actually "prove" mankind is older even the recorded history, so is even worse for the Cretinists then orthodox history.

hell, OOPArts actually "prove" mankind is older even the recorded history, so is even worse for the Cretinists then orthodox history.

I assume all ooparts are BS claims?

Christians are becoming more aware that dinosaurs are mentioned in the Bible. Of course, they are not called dinosaurs but leviathans. The description of them satisfies many that this description of a serpent with a huge tail to be dinosaurs. They were here at the same time as humans and were here until the flood when they were suddenly wiped out.

Scientific Christians have written books that show that the earth is from 8,000 to 10,000 years old at the oldest, not millions of years.

LOL

But these dinosaurs/Leviathans (Leviathi?) are supposed to have been living at the same time as Humans, aren't they? Like the one that swallowed Jonah. I think probably it'd most likely be either allegorical fables, of which the Bible is, as I'm sure people can agree, replete, or some other such as Crocodiles (which would have been something completely new to the Isrealites in Egypt) or whales, or perhaps Krakens.

I assume all ooparts are BS claims?

thwy'ee morw then likely misidentified mundane rtifacts and the od rock, but if genuine they blow the Creationist agenda into the wter.
  • Like 1

But these dinosaurs/Leviathans (Leviathi?) are supposed to have been living at the same time as Humans, aren't they? Like the one that swallowed Jonah. I think probably it'd most likely be either allegorical fables, of which the Bible is, as I'm sure people can agree, replete, or some other such as Crocodiles (which would have been something completely new to the Isrealites in Egypt) or whales, or perhaps Krakens.

As a minor note here, the plural of livyāṯān (anglicized as 'Leviathan') in Hebrew would be livyāṯānim.

Hehehe, I don't know why, but Christian creationism always gives me a good laugh.

• Like 1

MEGALODON !

*waves pom poms

Rah rah megalodon ,he's our man ! If he can't eat the saviour ,no one can !

Yyyeeeeeeeeeaaaaayyyyyy megalodon !!!!!!!

• Like 2

Some Scientist say we have dinosaurs living among us now. They been down sized bit, though. We call them birds. You can't fit science or even history, to a book written 3000-1500 years ago. It is not a science book or history book. I think I started as a collection of stories told by the fire to explain where we come from to children, that got out of hand.

• Like 5

"And Jesus walked on his way to Nazareth, oh but the trail was blocked by a giant T-Rex, with a splinter in his paw. All of the apostles started running and shouting what a big lizard it was but Jesus was unafraid - Jesus took the splinter from the T-Rex's paw and the dinosaur became his friend. "I'm sure putting this is my book" said Luke, "I don't know what I saw" said Thomas" -Bill Hicks.

Check this out though, one of the deleted scenes from the Bible - Bad ass baby Jesus tell them Dragons to get lost. (Why didn't they keep bad ass Jesus in the bible instead of Hippy Jesus???)

http://christianbookshelf.org/unknown/the_gospel_of_pseudo-matthew/chapter_18_and_having_come.htm

• Like 1

"And Jesus walked on his way to Nazareth, oh but the trail was blocked by a giant T-Rex, with a splinter in his paw. All of the apostles started running and shouting what a big lizard it was but Jesus was unafraid - Jesus took the splinter from the T-Rex's paw and the dinosaur became his friend. "I'm sure putting this is my book" said Luke, "I don't know what I saw" said Thomas" -Bill Hicks.

Check this out though, one of the deleted scenes from the Bible - Bad ass baby Jesus tell them Dragons to get lost. (Why didn't they keep bad ass Jesus in the bible instead of Hippy Jesus???)

http://christianbook...having_come.htm

RaptorJesus.jpg?width=604&height=483

raptor-jesus.jpg

• Like 5

Y'all just jealous of the great Christian scientists with their divine degree's ..Of course there were dino's in the bible.. And yes, our planet is only 8000 or maybe even just 10,000 odd years old.

I do not see how I could ever get embarrassed reading that OP.. it was..............Magic !! Suck it up.. you heathens !!

:P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 4

It seems that this claim of dinosaurs in the bible is nothing more than interpretation vs actual science.. besides..i am a bit perplexed how they even incorporated science into the claim seeing how all evidence is based on a few words from a book

On Day Five of the creation week, God created great "whales" - according to the KJV version. The KJV translation was finished in 1611. At that time, petrified dinosaur bones had not been discovered until the middle to late 1700's. Therefore, the KJV translators had nothing to compare with the Hebrew word "tanniym" except a whale. The word "tanniym" means preternatural marine/land hideous monster, dragon or whale. Preternatural means out of the natural. Renditions of dinosaurs shows they are animals that look quite out of the natural from animals with us today.

They were created on Day Five. Five is God's number for death. These animals were intended to some day die. Which they did in Noah's flood. A day of creation consisted of an evening and a day. In other words, Day Five was 24 hours long just as the other creation days were 24 hours long. It did not take millions of years for all this to take place. God spoke them into existence.

Job 41: 1; Ps 74: 14; Ps 104: 26; Isa 27: 1 mentions the leviathan.

There are books by Christian scientists to be found on this subject at such sites as www.CreationResearchInstitute.com and www.AnswersInGenesis.com.

Pictures of these petrified bones still embedded in rock show they died in water and were quickly entombed in mud that caused them to not be exposed to the elements which normally cause decomposition. Glen Rose, TX has found and photographed foot prints of dinosaur tracks with human tracks preserved in a layer below the dinosaur tracks. The dinosaur tracks should have been below the human tracks if they were extinct by the time humans evolved millions of years later.

God bless us all is my prayer.

Because of a tail or tale? Cryptic animals satisfies me enough. KJB Bible? Seems to be a history bible. Cryptic animals didn't get killed in the flood or were they meant to rake in millions and millions of dollars or are they fake?

Edited by kampz

Was said dinosaur sort of tall, roundish, fuzzy, purple, and a goof-off?