Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secret Caves under the Pyramids

dreamland

abylet1.jpg

This is very striking and any explainations provide by the mainstream to normalise this and dumbing this down will continue to be in vain. 'Helicopter' and a 'car' and a 'spaceship/submarine' to boot......i don't know how the mainstream explains this. Time travel to the past can be the only explaination. :yes:

abylet1.jpg

This is very striking and any explainations provide by the mainstream to normalise this and dumbing this down will continue to be in vain. 'Helicopter' and a 'car' and a 'spaceship/submarine' to boot......i don't know how the mainstream explains this. Time travel to the past can be the only explaination. :yes:

This has been explained so many times, it's getting boring.

• Like 2

abylet1.jpg

Actually the explanation is a lot more down to earth than that.....

The glyphs are a result of both erosion of the stone surface (evident elsewhere in the temple) and the process of filling in and re-carving the stone to replace some of the original hieroglyphics. The technical term for such a surface that has been written on more than once is a palimpsest. The usurping and modifying of inscriptions was common in ancient Egypt throughout its history. The Abydos glyph was modified at least once in antiquity, and perhaps twice. Some of the filling has fallen out in places where the older and the newer inscriptions overlap, and the result is unique and odd-looking.

You'll find the entire explanation here.

If we brought back an ancient Egyptian and he proved to be a stinky footed

bumpkin then the issue would be settled.

Hardly. We have such people today, yet somebody is designing and building calculators (for example.)

Harte

kmt_sesh i am surprised that you or administrator even allow to talk on different subjects. What you guys talking about is completely off-topic which should be " Secret Caves under Pyramids"...

Guys..can you have some mercy please? this is like reading a book... and it's all off-topic again.

With respect, dreamland, please stop trying to moderate the discussion. This is not your responsibility.

All threads are organic to an extent and take on lives of their own. This discussion is now over 30 pages long, and a great deal of it has been directly relevant to the subject matter. But when different topics are brought up, it's a sign that perhaps the original subject matter has been exhausted in so far as participating posters are concerned. If you feel you have something to say that's germane to the original subject matter, go ahead and post it. You did this recently when the subject of caves was briefly debated again. And now it's gone on to other avenues of discussions, again.

You are not obligated to take part in this discussion, so if you do not like the course it is taking at any one time, feel free not to participate. As far as that goes, you never know how a divergent topic might reignite interest in the original subject matter.

• Like 1

Hardly. We have such people today, yet somebody is designing and building calculators (for example.)

Some people are forced by poverty to walk barefoot in highly unsanitary conditions

but this hardly makes them barefoot bumpkins. I wouldn't assume that anyone designing

a calculator can't be a barefoot or stinky footed bumpkin as well.

Guys..can you have some mercy please? this is like reading a book... and it's all off-topic again.

I thought the question of if Orthodox Egyptology recognizes caves and the possible questions and problems with that Orthodoxy was totally within the scope of this thread.

It would seem to me, at least, that maybe Collins is not such a big liar. I can man up to admit that I was wrong in a lot of what I wrote. His map is probably somewhat accurate, except for the part where he draws a bunch of speculative tunnels leading all over the Giza necropolis.

Did anyone notice in that video with Hawass if the same rock shows up as in the Collins photo of his wife?

• Like 1

It would seem to me, at least, that maybe Collins is not such a big liar. ...

Do you find his account - on grahamhancock.org - to be more about himself, and the dangers he faced in his intrepid adventure, than about the Tomb Of The Birds?

• Like 1

Do you find his account - on grahamhancock.org - to be more about himself, and the dangers he faced in his intrepid adventure, than about the Tomb Of The Birds?

The name of that thing is NC2, the Tomb of the Birds is just an attempt to obfuscate the location.

• Like 1

I've never been to grahamhancock.org, and don't intend to start. I only meant that his video and finding of a cave was not complete rubbish. Obviously from the TV docu-show there are caves behind that tomb entrance.

I don't believe that there is a giant network of hidden tunnels that lead to Mercury's golden horde, or Atlantian libraries or anything, but I do believe that video that showed Hawass being scared of bats living in a cave.

I've never been to grahamhancock.org, and don't intend to start. I only meant that his video and finding of a cave was not complete rubbish. Obviously from the TV docu-show there are caves behind that tomb entrance.

I don't believe that there is a giant network of hidden tunnels that lead to Mercury's golden horde, or Atlantian libraries or anything, but I do believe that video that showed Hawass being scared of bats living in a cave.

The only problem is that he did not discover it, it was already documented by Reiser in the 30s.

Yes I understand your trepidation. I clicked on that site because, like you, I was curious about this argument of 4,500 years worth of guano.

To me it seems a little "meta":.

The only problem is that he did not discover it, it was already documented by Reiser in the 30s.

I can't help but get visions of two guys, sitting in a New York diner, discussing the rules on how long before the use of the word "rediscover" becomes appropriate.

"Ninedy-tooh years!" is the axiomatic declaration from the short, stocky, bald, bespectacled gentleman. :yes:

I can't help but get visions of two guys, sitting in a New York diner, discussing the rules on how long before the use of the word "rediscover" becomes appropriate.

"Ninedy-tooh years!" is the axiomatic declaration from the short, stocky, bald, bespectacled gentleman. :yes:

Anybody who wanted to know about NC2 could have done so by just downloading the Giza inventory from the net, everything is in there...including the cave.

Anybody who wanted to know about NC2 could have done so by just downloading the Giza inventory from the net, everything is in there...including the cave.

Of course we don't know what the cave actually looks like until it's dug out.

The question isn't so much what we know about the caves or what the bats

know about the cave. We need to know what the pyramid builders knew

about the caves.

Maybe this will happen in ten years or maybe it will be fifty. Maybe they'll just

forget about it again until the gate rusts away completely and a tourist redis-

covers it in a five hundred years.

If anyone is holding his breath he might want to reconsider.

about the caves.

Maybe this will happen in ten years or maybe it will be fifty. Maybe they'll just

What did Collins "discover" that is not already in the information that questionmark pointed to; other than that Collins is afraid of spiders.

And another thing; why do you mention bats - and bat guano - so much? I get this perception that you talk about more than anyone else.

about the caves.

The cave was measured from beginning to end and is constated as such in the Giza inventory with measurements. Instead of dreaming up your portion it would behoove you to check the literature every now and then instead of befitting shards to match your imagination to an illusory vat.

And another thing; why do you mention bats - and bat guano - so much? I get this perception that you talk about more than anyone else.

Hey, don't criticize.

It beats geysers.

Harte

• Like 2

Hey, don't criticize.

It beats geysers.

Harte

Don't mention the G word!~

• Like 3

Aliens helping build the pyramids??? hmm!!

My one problem with this is the aliens would have come here in spaceships, ships with power...why did they not show the Egyptians anything about electricity or a form of power? For someone or something to visit in a high tech machine and teach the inhabitants how to build with stone is a bit mean.

And another thing; why do you mention bats - and bat guano - so much?

Because you can't see through it. since it's impossible to see through it it's equally impossible

to see the bottom of the cave or know how large it is. Where it's almost completely full it is even

impossible to know where the cave is or its general direction.

All we can see is the top of part of the cave and even it isn't well mapped or understood. The

bottom of the cave will be more interesting because it will go to more places and it will have more

artefacts.

Aliens helping build the pyramids??? hmm!!

My one problem with this is the aliens would have come here in spaceships, ships with power...why did they not show the Egyptians anything about electricity or a form of power? For someone or something to visit in a high tech machine and teach the inhabitants how to build with stone is a bit mean.

I explained this a hundred times: The Nibblers forgot their ACME BuiltItAll on Niburu and had to go panhandling for 20,000 workers with wood mallets and bronze chisels from the local chieftains, who were otherwise incapable of building a big funerary monument for their chiefs. :innocent:

• Like 2

Because you can't see through it. since it's impossible to see through it it's equally impossible

to see the bottom of the cave or know how large it is. Where it's almost completely full it is even

impossible to know where the cave is or its general direction.

All we can see is the top of part of the cave and even it isn't well mapped or understood. The

bottom of the cave will be more interesting because it will go to more places and it will have more

artefacts.

Problem with such an amount of bat droppings is more a health issue as well. Although not toxic by itself, he major health concern associated with bat guano is histoplasmosis. This airborne disease originates in a fungus that is found living in bat droppings. It can affect the respiratory system of any human who breathes in air that has been exposed to it. The body is typically capable of fighting this disease, however, individuals with a compromised immune system may require medication for treatment.

So emptying the cave out would require some rather good safety measures.

• 4 weeks later...

This has been explained so many times, it's getting boring.

Actually the explanation is a lot more down to earth than that.....

You'll find the entire explanation here.

The problem I have with those explanations is they were invented by modern science to explain that the ancients couldn't have knowledge of have seen these things. So, I call bull**** on explanations like the one that's been "explained" in this thread and the one linked to!