Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A sighting of Jesus...

notforgotten

When I saw Jesus, he appeared strong in stature. Most closely resembling the Shroud of Turin.

• Like 1

Let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best

There is some gentle mocking going on.So just beware of this:"Behold all you mockers, I shall put the mockers on you, yea, and ye shall burn in hell as merrily as chestnuts on a open fire"Eccles, chap 1 v 23-25.

Not exactly the best way to win people for Christ... We s'posed to be lovin' not hatin' brotha.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm glad you've found you're way. We each have our own 'enlightenment' story of how we came to know God, but what matters is we all eventually end with similar or the same results... Perhaps I'll share my own story some time. However I'm still currently in the molding process, and am learning more and more every day. Don't ever let go of him, and don't ever give up...

Please share what you have of your story. We can use more of such stories on these forums.

This is a good story on how Jesus forgives us, despite of the sins that brought evil spirits into our lives. I also had a vision from Saint Peter telling me to do all I can to get the evil spirits out of my life.

• Like 1

Interesting story, I myself don't trust spiritual experiences of any kind but if it makes a person's life better then I suppose its cool

Supernatural experiences are more complex and often require interpretation. This is not always easy to do. The supernatural has powers and know the future.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

iam not a big follower but ive had an experience to do with sitting in the healing hands of the lord.....it was very weird and calming x

• Like 1

Leviticus19:31 Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them; I am the Lord your God.

Familiar spirits (the dead) do defile a person. I lost my sanity and nearly committed suicide in their hands.

I highly doubt this had anything to do with "familiar spirits". Take responsibility for your own actions and thoughts. And seeing a doctor wouldn't hurt.

As a side note: preaching is not allowed here. Not everybody believes in the Bible.

It's a foul thing to attempt to desecrate a person's personal testimony. You can have your doubts, but my testimony holds true. I was not preaching. My post was relevant to the OP. Edited by notforgotten
  • Like 1

As a side note: preaching is not allowed here. Not everybody believes in the Bible.

As a side note: we have a rule about non-moderators accusing other posters of rule breaking here:

5. Etiquette In the interests of maintaining constructive and friendly discussions:

5i. Rule quoting: Do not quote the site rules to other members, if you believe the rules have been broken please hit the 'report' button.

The preaching rule is not intended to stop people quoting ANY religious text in an on topic, balanced discussion. It is there to prevent those that do not engage in discussion and simply post in an attempt at conversion of others.

Thank you.

He left the flock to find that one lost sheep.

I bear witness to God's truth in the Holy Bible. This is the parable describing what Jesus had done for me in my life:

Luke 15: 4-7 What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, `Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!` I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a kid I was going with my cousin house for the week on Easter break and he lives in New Jersey.

So we where in the car driving home and it was cloudy out and I looked out the window and in the sky

Was Jesus face, it freaked me out.i yelled and they saw it also

• Like 1

The truth is, all religions were invented by MEN, all holy books were written by MEN, and not the most knowledgeable of men either, as they lived before modern science gave us new tools to understand our world. What is most astonishing is that thousands of years later some people are still so deluded as to argue the rights and wrongs of certain of these writings, and kill each other about it .Anyone who claims to have evidence of "miracles", or "sightings" of holy phenomena are either deluding themselves, or trying to delude others. If any god existed (of any religion) all he/she would have to do, to gain millions of converts, which is what they all want, would be to do one unequivocal Miracle. Something simple like stopping a tornado, or something complex like stopping genocide. But it ain't gonna happen.

• Like 1

The truth is, all religions were invented by MEN, all holy books were written by MEN, and not the most knowledgeable of men either, as they lived before modern science gave us new tools to understand our world. What is most astonishing is that thousands of years later some people are still so deluded as to argue the rights and wrongs of certain of these writings, and kill each other about it .Anyone who claims to have evidence of "miracles", or "sightings" of holy phenomena are either deluding themselves, or trying to delude others. If any god existed (of any religion) all he/she would have to do, to gain millions of converts, which is what they all want, would be to do one unequivocal Miracle. Something simple like stopping a tornado, or something complex like stopping genocide. But it ain't gonna happen.

The truth is that God, Jesus, the angels and the saints are real. Yes, the holy books were written by men, but the works in the bible come from God and those above. Researchers have found the chariots of Egypt under the Red Sea. Noah's Ark has also been found. Miracles happen everyday, only some people are too blind to see them.

• Like 2

The truth is that God, Jesus, the angels and the saints are real. Yes, the holy books were written by men, but the works in the bible come from God and those above. Researchers have found the chariots of Egypt under the Red Sea. Noah's Ark has also been found. Miracles happen everyday, only some people are too blind to see them.

Name just ONE.

Only on account of the Medieval depiction of him..as a white dude with flowing hair and a beard.

He more likely looked like this, in Gethsemine for example Judas had to actually point him out because he looked a lot like the disciples, y'know, they typical middle eastern man really, dark skin, eyes and hair...but that's not a good way to depict the divine is it? :D

21c113b472731ecb29b48101c47f319f.jpg

And fore the lulz...

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ln5tNx8mic[/media]

"My Lord and my God!" (John 20:28; NRSV--spoken by 'Doubting Thomas'

It's a foul thing to attempt to desecrate a person's personal testimony. You can have your doubts, but my testimony holds true. I was not preaching. My post was relevant to the OP.

Not, I sympathize with aspects of your belief system, but I think the point is--we can always start another discussion if we've carried an intial one to a natural, even theological, end.

Let me profess--I heard from Jesus once; not in a vision, not an auditory hallucination, but within the ears of my heart. When I was ready to blast someone verbally for being, in my opinion, a real "d&%$he b&g," Our Lord said one word: "Stop." And, do you know what?---I got the job.

Name just ONE.

I once got hepatitis C by drinking out of the same cup of someone who had it. I had symptoms and was diagnosed with it. According to medical science, this is an incurable disease. I prayed to Jesus and was healed. A true miracle.

Mark 16:17-18 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak new tongues; they take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; "they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Edited by notforgotten

I once got hepatitis C by drinking out of the same cup of someone who had it. I had symptoms and was diagnosed with it. According to medical science, this is an incurable disease. I prayed to Jesus and was healed. A true miracle.

Mark 16:17-18 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak new tongues; they take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; "they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Ha, ha! Internal disorders such as psychological, endocrine or functional neurological disorders are always worth a miracle or two!When someone's god grants an amputee a new limb, then I'll believe!

Edited by alibongo

to even make up a story like that is an insult to the intelligence of human. and assuming it was thy jesus why do you speak as if you have seen him in a photo before or something. thy shall not lie. if you are a high believer why do you. as poisoned as your mind is i believe you still may ask for forgiveness. in future try not to sound like your running some sort of cult. thank you. bless you

to even make up a story like that is an insult to the intelligence of human. and assuming it was thy jesus why do you speak as if you have seen him in a photo before or something. thy shall not lie. if you are a high believer why do you. as poisoned as your mind is i believe you still may ask for forgiveness. in future try not to sound like your running some sort of cult. thank you. bless you

Are you trolling? Ask forgiveness of whom? With regard to the first poster, you can't get Hep C from sharing a cup, same as you can't get AIDS from a toilet seat. These are diseases spread through mucosal contact or iv contact. And I do so dislike this idea of people suffering from a real or imaginary disease being asked to beg forgiveness: "Forgive me, Christian Lord, for being born in a predominantly Muslim country and stepping on a land-mine and losing my legs and bleeding to death, being only 6 years old I did not know I was in the wrong religion ".It is all nonsense.

Edited by alibongo

Are you trolling? Ask forgiveness of whom? With regard to the first poster, you can't get Hep C from sharing a cup, same as you can't get AIDS from a toilet seat. These are diseases spread through mucosal contact or iv contact. And I do so dislike this idea of people suffering from a real or imaginary disease being asked to beg forgiveness: "Forgive me, Christian Lord, for being born in a predominantly Muslim country and stepping on a land-mine and losing my legs and bleeding to death, being only 6 years old I did not know I was in the wrong religion ".It is all nonsense.

ali bonjoe for 1 you can get hep c by sharing cups and 2 you should not use a 6 year old little boy standing on a land mine to prove your point. 3 they lie to get what praise me o savior false wrong and complete bu#* sh*#. bless u