Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A sighting of Jesus...

notforgotten

With regard to the first poster, you can't get Hep C from sharing a cup

You can if the person had bleeding gums.

I have no reason to lie, especially about my lord and savior. My testimony holds true. And, I would appreciate it if people did not call me a liar. The devils glory is in his deceit (lie) and I have no desire to be a devil.

Edited by notforgotten
  • Like 3

With all these sightings of Jesus, has anyone caught him? Or is he as elusive as big foot?

• Like 1

Amen notforgotten keep telling the truth... bless u love hope all is going great for you. ;)

• Like 1

I once got hepatitis C by drinking out of the same cup of someone who had it. I had symptoms and was diagnosed with it. According to medical science, this is an incurable disease. I prayed to Jesus and was healed. A true miracle.

Mark 16:17-18 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak new tongues; they take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; "they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Nonsense. Hep C FAQ

I won't post the entire FAQ you can read it if you so choose

Here are the relevant bits

What are ways Hepatitis C is not spread?

Hepatitis C virus is not spread by sharing eating utensils, breastfeeding, hugging, kissing, holding hands, coughing, or sneezing. It is also not spread through food or water.

With all these sightings of Jesus, has anyone caught him? Or is he as elusive as big foot?

More elusive, apparently. No one's yet took a grainy photograph of him running through a forest. Or any photo, for that matter.

Oooooooh!

Hang on a minute!!!

tumblr_lg0h1gXrx91qzvl4eo1_500.jpg

• Like 2

I have no reason to lie, especially about my lord and savior. My testimony holds true. And, I would appreciate it if people did not call me a liar. The devils glory is in his deceit (lie) and I have no desire to be a devil.

No, I don't think you are a liar, apologies if you thought that. But all it would take for me to be converted from believing all religions are superstitious nonsense to a belief in an omnipotent, beneficent deity would be incontrovertible evidence of a miracle. Come on, surely saving my soul from eternal damnation is worth that? I would imagine it would be a mere trifle for an omnipotent, all-loving being to arrange?

Edited by alibongo

I heard an Old Testament scholar (Dr. Walter Kaiser) speak recently and he said that there are many Arabic people groups in countries in the Middle East that are having visions of Jesus. He suspects that this is because these are closed countries to the Gospel, the Bible and/or missionaries and otherwise they could not hear about Christ. After these visions many feel compelled to find a copy of the Bible and upon reading the Gospels have said that, yes, this was the person who had been speaking to them. He said that throughout the Middle East some 2.5 million Arabic people and also some Jews have become Christians and many through these visions.

You can make of it what you will but that is what is being reported by Christians in the area.

• Like 1

Nonsense. Hep C FAQ

I won't post the entire FAQ you can read it if you so choose

Here are the relevant bits

But the person could have had bleeding gums when I drank after him. This would mean that it was through blood that I contracted hep C. Surely, a person can cntract it by drinking a carriers blood.

Edited by notforgotten

The truth is that God, Jesus, the angels and the saints are real. Yes, the holy books were written by men, but the works in the bible come from God and those above. Researchers have found the chariots of Egypt under the Red Sea. Noah's Ark has also been found. Miracles happen everyday, only some people are too blind to see them.

all because they found some wood 'noahs ark' somewhere in the world doesn't prove anything. if we all know its real why did they invent the word faith.

all because they found some wood 'noahs ark' somewhere in the world doesn't prove anything. if we all know its real why did they invent the word faith.

It is curious why religions require so much faith- in fact, the blinder the faith (that is, the more illogical), the more devout you appear. If we saw a god at work (for example, ending world hunger, stopping a genocide of his chosen people, banishing child-hood diseases, or even something simple like changing water into wine) we would not need faith. We would know. And we would all be adherents. If the answer is that god will not demean himself by demonstrating his great kindliness and power, they he can stop demeaning us by asking us to believe in him!

Edited by alibongo

But the person could have had bleeding gums when I drank after him. This would mean that it was through blood that I contracted hep C. Surely, a person can cntract it by drinking a carriers blood.

A bitten tongue, a bitten cheek, an open cut/sore, nasal blood flowing into the mouth from a nose bleed. I wouldn't drink from a cup of someone I knew had Hep C, I don't care what the FAQ says. I've never drunk wine out of the shared wine goblet at church either because I don't want Herpes or a dozen other things.

No, I don't think you are a liar, apologies if you thought that. But all it would take for me to be converted from believing all religions are superstitious nonsense to a belief in an omnipotent, beneficent deity would be incontrovertible evidence of a miracle. Come on, surely saving my soul from eternal damnation is worth that? I would imagine it would be a mere trifle for an omnipotent, all-loving being to arrange?

Probably the biggest mistake of our imagination of all is limiting our definition of God to religions' and then denying the idea altogether within those confines. I'm not going to believe that if God isn't all loving or omnipotent or benevolent then I'm not going to believe in God. God might be non-interventionist, God might be the mathematical order in the universe. God might be Father Time. God might be all of the above. Heaven, a universe with a superior order; Hell, a universe in utter chaos. God might be supernatural (natural not yet explained) but I don't require God to be unnatural (growing limbs on amputated stumps). If the laws of nature are God's code then ancient people wouldn't be wrong in thinking that God set off that volcano, earthquake, flood, storm, et al. I think religions thousands of years old are more believable than the Santa Claus in the Sky for Adults we've turned God into more recently in order to entice our self-interests. Some of the most recent mega-churches to spring up in the US are "Wealth Ministries" if we needed anymore evolution towards believing in a God that wants us to be rich than we already had.

A bitten tongue, a bitten cheek, an open cut/sore, nasal blood flowing into the mouth from a nose bleed. I wouldn't drink from a cup of someone I knew had Hep C, I don't care what the FAQ says. I've never drunk wine out of the shared wine goblet at church either because I don't want Herpes or a dozen other things.

Probably the biggest mistake of our imagination of all is limiting our definition of God to religions' and then denying the idea altogether within those confines. I'm not going to believe that if God isn't all loving or omnipotent or benevolent then I'm not going to believe in God. God might be non-interventionist, God might be the mathematical order in the universe. God might be Father Time. God might be all of the above. Heaven, a universe with a superior order; Hell, a universe in utter chaos. God might be supernatural (natural not yet explained) but I don't require God to be unnatural (growing limbs on amputated stumps). If the laws of nature are God's code then ancient people wouldn't be wrong in thinking that God set off that volcano, earthquake, flood, storm, et al. I think religions thousands of years old are more believable than the Santa Claus in the Sky for Adults we've turned God into more recently in order to entice our self-interests. Some of the most recent mega-churches to spring up in the US are "Wealth Ministries" if we needed anymore evolution towards believing in a God that wants us to be rich than we already had.

It is possible to stretch the definition of a god so far that it is not relevant to any religion. For example, I may believe "god" is another name for "natural selection" or "quantum physics"- but I no longer believe in a god as commonly understood.

I was once at work standing outside in the rain. I was in sin and entertaining evil spirits. I believe that Father God had chastised me by making it thunder and pour down rain on me. I'm 48 years old and never have I ever heard it thunder so rapidly or pour down rain so quickly. Also, I didn't see any lightning and there is always lightning. Here is scripture to what I believe happened to me that day.

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom he receives.

This in no way harmed me, but did get me to stop that sin. And I got to go home early on account of the increase in rain. I believe that it was a most loving thing for the Father to do for me. I haven't had as many problems with evil spirits since then. Thank you, God.

Edited by notforgotten

I was once at work standing outside in the rain. I was in sin and entertaining evil spirits. I believe that Father God had chastised me by making it thunder and pour down rain on me. I'm 48 years old and never have I ever heard it thunder so rapidly or pour down rain so quickly. Also, I didn't see any lightning and there is always lightning. Here is scripture to what I believe happened to me that day.

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom he receives.

This in no way harmed me, but did get me to stop that sin. And I got to go home early on account of the increase in rain. I believe that it was a most loving thing for the Father to do for me. I haven't had as many problems with evil spirits since then. Thank you, God.

So God made it rain on you because you were having evil thoughts?And yet he did not make it rain on concentration camp guards in WW2 who were gassing people en masse, or make it feel a bit chilly for people carrying out murder in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world today?Curious priorities your god has.

So God made it rain on you because you were having evil thoughts?And yet he did not make it rain on concentration camp guards in WW2 who were gassing people en masse, or make it feel a bit chilly for people carrying out murder in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world today?Curious priorities your god has.

They were not evil thoughts. I had evil spirits all around me. God is a personal God. I know some of the things that he has done for me personally in my life. God is everywhere and does many things. Neither I, you nor anyone else of this world would even know of all the things that he does.

Also, Jesus introduced me to Saint Peter through a vision. St. Peter truly does look over the flock. To this day, I know that St. Peter and the other Apostles are looking over me.

I bear witness to the Lords truth in the Holy Bible:

John 21:16 He said to him again a second time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You. He said to him," Tend My sheep"

I still get visions of Jesus, St. Peter and other Apostles looking over me.

It is curious why religions require so much faith- in fact, the blinder the faith (that is, the more illogical), the more devout you appear. If we saw a god at work (for example, ending world hunger, stopping a genocide of his chosen people, banishing child-hood diseases, or even something simple like changing water into wine) we would not need faith. We would know. And we would all be adherents. If the answer is that god will not demean himself by demonstrating his great kindliness and power, they he can stop demeaning us by asking us to believe in him!

it does not take god to end world hunger it takes mankind just like it took mankind to write the bible for power money greed. it says in a story Moses saved the lives by splitting the water and making a path to safety why then the soldiers after seeing this miracle kept chasing these people to kill them wouldn't they bow to this greatness huh but people are followers easily poisened at ayoung age. thats when faith gets into the mix its a word for cover protection to keep the flock under control my mind is free and its staying that way Edited by chad87chad

Here's something the bible says about faith:

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

I do not believe that anyone who does not accept this gift of grace through faith will be saved.

Op: you shared something very personal, I shall likewise.

My concern is for God, since his heart has been hurt and betrayed so many times.

The OP quoted about the poring out of the spirit in the last days, for me this alludes to the last days of the sinful world. However knowing that man must also forfil his portion of responsibility and this must be done through free will. My heart has concern. God shows great faith in his creation by suggesting he will pour out his spirit, yet to pour out of a vessel could leave it empty.looking at the state of the world at times, the great sacrifices made, and yet its obvious much more is yet needed.

Op: you shared something very personal, I shall likewise.

My concern is for God, since his heart has been hurt and betrayed so many times.

The OP quoted about the poring out of the spirit in the last days, for me this alludes to the last days of the sinful world. However knowing that man must also forfil his portion of responsibility and this must be done through free will. My heart has concern. God shows great faith in his creation by suggesting he will pour out his spirit, yet to pour out of a vessel could leave it empty.looking at the state of the world at times, the great sacrifices made, and yet its obvious much more is yet needed.

Yes, let's be kinder to God. He is something of an under-achiever in most ways. I dare say he is a bit sensitive about being expected to perform miracles all the time. A few weeping statues and the Turin Shroud is quite good going, really.

• Like 1

544374_391421470923931_1920148593_n.jpg

JC is still around for a reason is best I can say .....

~

544374_391421470923931_1920148593_n.jpg

JC is still around for a reason is best I can say .....

~

The Prophet Mohammed is also going strong about 2000 years after he lived. Does that mean there are two equally-valid gods, or is your comment meaningless?

Edited by alibongo

The Prophet Mohammed is also going strong about 2000 years after he lived. Does that mean there are two equally-valid gods, or is your comment meaningless?

Prophet Mohammed is not a god ... all gods are valid ... yes my comment is meaningless ... to some ...

~

• 2 weeks later...

The red highlight are gifts that I believe that I acquired through my experience with the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:7-11 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophesy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.