Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is your TV watching you?

Big Bad Voodoo

Security alert over Samsung's Smart TV as hackers claim they can access its hard drive and seize control of built-in cameras

Security experts reveal they have been able to gain access to the device and scour its hard drives and connected drives for information

They claim to have 'complete root access' allowing them to install malicious software that could monitor its cameras and microphones

More and more devices that connect to the Internet are leaving unwitting consumers vulnerable to such hacking attacks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2249303/Hackers-penetrate-home-Crack-Samsungs-Smart-TV-allows-attacker-seize-control-microphone-cameras.html

Several years ago I told some people just wait they'll be watching you or listening to your conversation through your TV and they thought I was an idiot or conspiracy theorist.

why...yes...yes they are watching me through the tv. i thought it was just the toaster oven at first, then the microwave was acting strangely, but oh definitely the tv...

• Like 2

Lucky for me ... i am poor and have a 14 year old half broke tv...i dont think anyone is going to be watching me through it

• Like 1

I don't know if my TV is watching me (it's a dumb TV with no camera or mics so not likely), but I'm paranoid enough to keep the web cam on my laptop and desktop covered up with black tape when I'm not Skypeing.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 2

I can just see the control room guys: DAY ONE - Hey! Come here man you GOTTA see this one..... then 6 mos later their all asleep because nothing would surprise them any longer.

ETA I found that a small band aid does the cam covering quite handily :):tu:

Edited by and then

The best part is Looking back at all the Geeks Looking at me Looking at them,Looking at me . ANd sending them the bills and running up there credit cards , Thanks for all the Pizza`s ,and So Long for now !

:whistle: :whistle: :no:

hey if they watch, they might as well do something usefull, how about i put my kid's crib in front of tv, and let them watch him, i'll wright my phone # on the crib, if anything they will call me. will save on baby sitter

I hope me laying on the couch watching them watching me is entertaining! About as good as any other reality show i guess :D