Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy, 11, takes gun to school in fear

glorybebe

A Utah sixth-grader caught with a gun at school told administrators he brought the weapon to defend himself in case of an attack similar to the mass shooting last week in Newtown, Conn., school officials said Tuesday.

The 11-year-old was being held in juvenile detention on suspicion of possessing a dangerous weapon and aggravated assault after other students at the suburban Salt Lake City elementary school told police he threatened them with the handgun.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/12/18/us-utah-gun-school-newtown-fears.html

Now how the hell did an 11 year old get a gun to take to school? And was that just a story to get out of punishment?

Yeah, I heard about this as well. Just CRAZY!!!!!

I just don't get how kids can get a hold of these guns... :no:

Didn't his mom put it in his backpack and let him know it was there? Not sure, but I thought I heard that.

Didn't his mom put it in his backpack and let him know it was there? Not sure, but I thought I heard that.

Well, that would be smart! If you are that worried about your child, keep him at home, don't endanger not only him but other kids. What if a cop saw him brandishing the gun around? If that is true, the mom needs to have a good slap up side the head.

• Like 2

"Stop the program. Stop the program.

I told you how many times...

We needed locking mechanisms on the vehicle doors!"

Well, that would be smart! If you are that worried about your child, keep him at home, don't endanger not only him but other kids. What if a cop saw him brandishing the gun around? If that is true, the mom needs to have a good slap up side the head.

Yeah, I know, it's definitely "dum de dum dum" all the way.

6th grader brings gun to school, says he brought it to defend himself from Newtown-type attack

Posted: 12/18/2012

(AP) -

Authorities say a Utah sixth-grader caught with a gun at school told administrators he brought the weapon to defend himself in case of an attack similar to the mass shooting last week in Newtown, Conn.

The Salt Lake Tribune reports that two classmates at West Kearns Elementary School reported the gun to a teacher toward the end of the school day Monday....

Read more: HERE

Is this how easy it is to get a gun in America? I remember reading an article in the newspaper the other day about shops in Australia that were being fined large sums of money for selling replica guns (ie, no actual ammo). Edited by Paranoid Android

Is this how easy it is to get a gun in America? I remember reading an article in the newspaper the other day about shops in Australia that were being fined large sums of money for selling replica guns (ie, no actual ammo).

They do not have the laws that other countries do for storing the guns. It is rather scary, IMO.

Wait a minute. Does this article mean that kids bringing guns to school DOESN'T prevent mass murderers ?

So .. wait, more guns make for a more UNsafe environment?

Well that's crazy...everybody should just have guns. That way shooting events are more controlled.

Just like everyone getting a car prevents car accidents.

And everyone buying cigarettes prevents cancer.

That's just how the world works.

[bold]Wait a minute. Does this article mean that kids bringing guns to school DOESN'T prevent mass murderers ?[/bold]

So .. wait, more guns make for a more UNsafe environment?

Well that's crazy...everybody should just have guns. That way shooting events are more controlled.

Just like everyone getting a car prevents car accidents.

And everyone buying cigarettes prevents cancer.

That's just how the world works.

That is the mindset of numerous Americans. Pretty scary, IMO

• Like 1

They do not have the laws that other countries do for storing the guns. It is rather scary, IMO.

Yes we do...the question is, how is that going to be enforced. How is it enforced in other countries? Does law enforcement come in, without warning, for weapon storing inspections?

Yes we do...the question is, how is that going to be enforced. How is it enforced in other countries? Does law enforcement come in, without warning, for weapon storing inspections?

they do, if you lucky enough to have a gun there. and they do it here too, in some places, i personally was a whitness when 2 nassau county dt came to my friends house, with no prior call, after he ordered a box of ammo online.they came, were let inside, looked at the safe, looked at the weapons, said have a nice day, and left.nypd does it too, as much as they can, i'm sure they don't do it to everyone, but if someone raises their interest they do come for a visit, it happened many times.

No, not regularly, but if something happens and the guns were not secured properly then the fines and charges start. Maybe it is a matter of respect for the law and the police. Canadians may grumble, but, we dounderstand the need for laws and enforcement we don't see the police as the enemy.

Clearly he got it from the black market

LMAO! but, of course he did!

• Like 1

Yes, they do. Well, they don't come in without a warning, though, they ring the bell :P The penalty for not following the law is a high fine or up to 3 years in prison.

• Like 1