Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost app

freetoroam

My husband has found an app on his new "toy", Samsung tab2, its a ghost app and its like a radar which tells you what ghosts are in your vicinity.

We have 1 not that far from us, apparently.

Has anyone else seen these apps and what do you think.

He has just found the plane app too and thats spot on. Gives you the flight number and which country it is from. A little annoying though because each time we hear a plane pass, its app time!

Edited by freetoroam

I've seen them,but assumed it was nonsense .

Thats what we are still trying to figure out.

We live on water, so not easy to just walk outside looking for it, maybe the Ouija board can help us, but my husband has not finished making it...........yep, that is the truth!!

• Like 2

Wish there was a fool proof ghost detecting device but I guess we will just have to wait for one that wants to show themselves.GhostSmiley.gif

• Like 1

Oh, I want that smilie ghost.

GhostSmiley.gif

Thats what we are still trying to figure out.

We live on water, so not easy to just walk outside looking for it, maybe the Ouija board can help us, but my husband has not finished making it...........yep, that is the truth!!

Ok,I downloaded it.

Nuthin,and the room I am in is especially active on occaision .

Dunno. Maybe it works .

• Like 1

Ok,I downloaded it.

Nuthin,and the room I am in is especially active on occaision .

Dunno. Maybe it works .

keep us informed. but we did get something, trouble is it was in the region of someone elses boat.................we are not going to tell them, sod that, its cold on that water!

But we did get something.

We do live in a remote area and the dog went mad the other night at "nothing" I told him, its a ghost.

We have had a problem with this app though a few moments ago!!! Norton doesn`t like it, kept telling us there was a threat! so have had to uninstall it.....we are looking for others.

Maybe there is a ghost.

Yes, this has been proven nothing more than a joke multiple times. Allow me to search for a previous thread where I broke down the main reasons technically why these applications are nothing more than entertainment.

Here is the previous forum on this SAME topic. Look at my reply: Post #15.

Thanks!

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

Yes, this has been proven nothing more than a joke multiple times. Allow me to search for a previous thread where I broke down the main reasons technically why these applications are nothing more than entertainment.

Here is the previous forum on this SAME topic. Look at my reply: Post #15.

Thanks!

Thankyou for that, we were more skeptical than hopeful.

There are couple other threads on Ghost Radar. I ran it for a weekend. If you only pay attention to the rare hits and ignore the many more misses, it will amaze you. If you pay attention to the nonsense words that come out almost all of the time, you'll see it's nonsense.

• Like 1

a ghost app... really?.. sounds like nothing more than entertainment to me....just what exaclty are these apps supposed to be measuring to establish if ghosts are present? how does the measuring equipment fit into your phone?

From what I can tell, Ghost Radar is completely random. It does an excellent job of presenting itself as doing something however. You can leave it for an hour and nothing will happen. Then suddenly "ghosts" will appear on the "radar screen" and will be saying words. With some imagination you can feel like you're being visited. If you put enough effort into it, you'll find one or two words that will seem to relate to something after a while.

It's unclear how it works. It doesn't appear to be maliciously reading your files looking for things to say and it doesn't appear to use any devices on the phone (orientation sensor, compass, ambient light detector, GPS, etc.) to make decisions. People have determined it does have a limited set of words it can say.

• Like 1

It's not real. As I said in the last Ghost Radar thread, a friend and I downloaded it for laughs and tried it in my room. My house is NOT haunted; I've been living in it for six years and nothing paranormal has ever happened. According to the app, my room was filled with paranormal activity.

• Like 1

What the author of Ghost Radar wants you to do is run it all the time. 90-99% of the time it will say words that are complete gibberish. But that last 1-10%, if you put some effort into it, can relate to something that's happening or something you're doing or thinking. That is supposed to astound you and convince you that your house is haunted.

During my weekend with Ghost Radar, I was looking at a replacement service panel for my house at Home Depot's web site. A "ghost" said "electrical". That would have been amazing if not for the hundred other words it had said that had nothing to do with anything.

• Like 1