Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sandy Hook shooting, can someone explain this

Little Fish

Something happening in Iraq is one thing, something happening in an American town is very much another. One is much easier to hide than the other. Just because one story was a lie doesn't mean ever single that will forever be on tv will be a lie. And people should be emotionally upset. A BUNCH OF ******* CHILDREN WERE MURDERED! Yet we have people who have the gall to claim it never happened. And that someone would have such a lack of respect and morals is just sickening.

what the iraqi incubator story demonstrates is that you should not trust the corporately owned media.

it was a simple thing for any journalist to investigate and demonstrate that the girl crying into her tissue was the daughter of the kuwaiti ambassador and that a pr company made up the story and coached her. its inconceivable that nobody in tv-land knew this, so demonstrates tv news is used primarily to push political agendas, it is one clear example of which there are many. now knowing this, the default position of rational thought would be to doubt and examine the media very closely so you are not a victim of manipulation. if you sit through hours of emotional turmoil in front of a tv set then you'll lose that rational thought process and likely lash out at people on a discussion board who don't seem to be in the same emotional state as yourself. I don't have a tv set so i don't submit myself to emotional propaganda, but it doesn't mean I am any less indignant about these events or the other wrongs in the world. just because the news is not covering the hundreds of children blown to pieces in drone strikes doesn't make that issue less severe for those families affected. where are your capital letters and soap box over that issue? you don't have to read or post in this thread, it's your choice.

Actually I dont have scheduled trips to either place. And now after this wont ever plan to go to them. At this point in time there is blood on the ground in both places. Get over trying to make a comparison between of childrens lifes regardless of where they live.

Sure the school shooting is raw and now. But keep a decent persepective on humanity and try to enjoy life a little bit and laugh. Thats how we can honor and show our respect to those that have died. Mourning is a time. It is suppose to have a beginning and an end. It is that way for a reason. At some point you have to look ahead,.

...that's the point I'm trying to make. That those who have died need to be respected and their families given time to mourn. Not get called liers and government pawns as they've been by some of our members.

what the iraqi incubator story demonstrates is that you should not trust the corporately owned media.

it was a simple thing for any journalist to investigate and demonstrate that the girl crying into her tissue was the daughter of the kuwaiti ambassador and that a pr company made up the story and coached her. its inconceivable that nobody in tv-land knew this, so demonstrates tv news is used primarily to push political agendas, it is one clear example of which there are many. now knowing this, the default position of rational thought would be to doubt and examine the media very closely so you are not a victim of manipulation. if you sit through hours of emotional turmoil in front of a tv set then you'll lose that rational thought process and likely lash out at people on a discussion board who don't seem to be in the same emotional state as yourself. I don't have a tv set so i don't submit myself to emotional propaganda, but it doesn't mean I am any less indignant about these events or the other wrongs in the world. just because the news is not covering the hundreds of children blown to pieces in drone strikes doesn't make that issue less severe for those families affected. where are your capital letters and soap box over that issue? you don't have to read or post in this thread, it's your choice.

So do you think that all this is a lie? Do you think that the media is inventing the murder of twenty children for ****s and giggles? Would you like to go up to the parents who are burying their babies at Christmas and tell them the pain they're feeling is fake so that the government can pass some minor gun reform? That's the issue here. That people are so paranoid of any kind of authorities that they automatically believe them to be evil in every way and yet blindly follow pieces of **** like Alex Jones, who was gleefully spinning tales of coverups before the bodies were even cold. That they need to feel some sort of superiority that they make baseless claims in order to appear smarter than everyone else. That they're claiming that people who are dealing with the worst scenario a parent could face are fake. That their children meant nothing and that their pain isn't real. That's what disgusts me about the claims being made in this thread. It might not have been your intent, but that's the road it quickly went down.

It's all well and good that you're not listening to the propaganda on tv, but just a fyi YouTube is far worst.

• Like 2

@Corp. I agree with you. The details of what occurred inside the school have been released and I find them to be the most haunting story I have ever read.

I have no doubts the event occurred.

I am still onboard the conspiracy theories flying about the things that could be going on in this country/world. But as too the school itself. Yeah heres the link. If you dont cry reading it then I dont what to say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting

...that's the point I'm trying to make. That those who have died need to be respected and their families given time to mourn. Not get called liers and government pawns as they've been by some of our members.

So do you think that all this is a lie? Do you think that the media is inventing the murder of twenty children for ****s and giggles? Would you like to go up to the parents who are burying their babies at Christmas and tell them the pain they're feeling is fake so that the government can pass some minor gun reform? That's the issue here. That people are so paranoid of any kind of authorities that they automatically believe them to be evil in every way and yet blindly follow pieces of **** like Alex Jones, who was gleefully spinning tales of coverups before the bodies were even cold. That they need to feel some sort of superiority that they make baseless claims in order to appear smarter than everyone else. That they're claiming that people who are dealing with the worst scenario a parent could face are fake. That their children meant nothing and that their pain isn't real. That's what disgusts me about the claims being made in this thread. It might not have been your intent, but that's the road it quickly went down.

It's all well and good that you're not listening to the propaganda on tv, but just a fyi YouTube is far worst.

there is a distinct difference.

this is a great article on how and why formulaic tv media works.

"The anchor is not only the priest, but also the teacher. He/she shows the audience how to experience the event and what to feel and what to think and how to act."

http://theintelhub.c...levision-event/

Connecticut State Police indicated their concern about misinformation being posted on social media sites, and threatened prosecution of anyone involved with such activities.

• Like 1

Connecticut State Police indicated their concern about misinformation being posted on social media sites, and threatened prosecution of anyone involved with such activities.

under what law? or are they making up the law as they go along?

Sure, as long as that misinformation involves, among others, crackpot government conspiracy theories.

misinformation is different then specualtion. We are free to discuss this in an open fashion. But saying things like it didnt happen at all I think is what he is talking about. And he has no authority outside Connecticut so this must be a local phenomenen.

Cospiracy Theories claiming to be so are free to say whatever they want because they are akin to a think tank. Many facts may be wrong but it is trying to get the truth which is the goal. So this would neither be considered misinformation.

you are misinforming people ;)

misinformation is different then specualtion. We are free to discuss this in an open fashion. But saying things like it didnt happen at all I think is what he is talking about. And he has no authority outside Connecticut so this must be a local phenomenen.

Cospiracy Theories claiming to be so are free to say whatever they want because they are akin to a think tank. Many facts may be wrong but it is trying to get the truth which is the goal. So this would neither be considered misinformation.

Just so you know.

Conspiracy theorists are not really after the truth.

Rather, their goal is to promote their own agenda. Simple as that.

• Like 1

Here here. This thread is in bad bad taste and those speculating on "false flag" operations and "government cover ups" are some disgusting individuals.

• Like 5

Just so you know.

Conspiracy theorists are not really after the truth.

Rather, their goal is to promote their own agenda. Simple as that.

that's an interesting conspiracy theory you have there.

As someone who actually watched this live...he's not the father.

He is a friend of the family releasing a statement.

Sorry to disappoint.

There very well may be an agenda going in this event. But as for what occured inside the school. I would not dispute the wiki version at all. That was chillingly detailed. But does not answer any questions about things surrounding that part of this tragedy.

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

As someone who actually watched this live...he's not the father.

He is a friend of the family releasing a statement.

Sorry to disappoint.

The CNN link specifically says THE FATHER OF...and shows a picture of his daughter. The other one The family of. So are you saying the news has got it wrong or is misleading ?

The CNN link specifically says THE FATHER OF...and shows a picture of his daughter. The other one The family of. So are you saying the news has got it wrong or is misleading ?

I am saying that it clearly mentioned that it was a friend of the father when I watched the news originally. Not a single parent of one of the victims has made any public statements as far as I'm aware.

It sounds like you got a different news report then we are posting here. Thats why we have threads like this I guess. There is so much that is not what it says it is.

can you say what station it was from ?

Edited by AsteroidX

It sounds like you got a different news report then we are posting here. Thats why we have threads like this I guess. There is so much that is not what it says it is.

can you say what station it was from ?

I was watching CNN. I believe it was mentioned on the broadcast by one of the anchors.

are you being forced to read it ? Its rather civil. I think me and sleestack were trying to figure out the facts about conflicting reports. Which is healthy. By deleting this thread you leave many more people wondering what is going on rather then trying to seperate fact from fiction.

• Like 1

I was watching it live and the man was the father of the little girl. He described how he had been teaching her Portugese, and their last morning together.

I did notice he did laugh a bit right before he stepped up to the mic but I think he made a slight joke about the mic or messing up...probably nerves. A lot of people try to lighten the mood with themselves before making a speech or newscast, it is one way people try to calm themselves. My father-in-law was a great speaker and he often did this type of thing before big/important speeches.

As far as his demeanor, he just lost his daughter in a horrible tragedy, one I NEVER hope to experience as I am not strong enough. He was definitely under stress and ready to start crying and it was also very evident he just got done crying his eyes out. He wanted to make a statement and wanted to make it without breaking down, which he did almost lose it a few times, and which I am amazed he didn't.

Another point, I believe he is a doctor so he does have training/experience with dealing very difficult situations even concerning his own family. Many doctors can separate emotion from function when needed.

There is no conspiracy here.

Edited by ChewiesArmy
  • Like 2

Can the mods delete this thread? It's inappropriate, offensive and sick to think there is a conspiracy in any form. I'm really disgusted.

Can the TV stop showing this same thing on every station?

No, but I can change the channel, or turn the TV off.

I actually have been avoiding this topic, and the other one for the same reason. Thing is, I know some people like to discuss this, as others do not. I am not going to judge, but I can choose to not participate.

I think the 9/11 CT topics are above disgusting, and there are more pages of those, then there are pages in the New York Phone Book.

Anyway, I did want to respond to that, and now I am gone for good......" poof "

Edited by Sakari

His attitude does seem a little bit odd, but to be honest I might act the same way in a situation like that. Not laugh out loud but I might be nervous going on TV and have a bit of a nervous laugh or something, for that split moment the death might be out of my mind.