Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Woman raped on a bus in New Delhi

DKO

Gather all rapists in large open area, douse in gasoline, set fire.

^if this was a yearly event I think rape would stop.

• Like 4

The rape suspects have been beaten by police and menaced by other prisioners . Their lawyer is saying they are innocent now.

http://ajw.asahi.com.../AJ201301100090

Their lawyer also says that the victim brought it on herself by being out in the city at night time with a man she wasn't married to.

Do you think this dude would get many female clients in oh, say, NY?

My solution is simple. If the police have actually arrested the right perps, a long gallows like the Lincoln conspirators had.

• Like 2

Ive read some of the comments made here,Yes the 6 men should be imprisoned,but.It just doesnt seem right to me when women do crimes and they get a slap on the wrist,Now Im not saying that there are women rapist or anything like that,what Im saying is that It should not matter if they are either male or female,the punishment should fit the crime,just saying,As for the six men who did such a low lower than dirt crime,I say Stone them,with BIG OL STONES and then tie them to a rocky shore and watch them die as the water level rises. then cut them lose and let the sea have them,no need to bury them,I have been told I am a mean and vindictive person and shouldn't have "BIG AGRESSIVE DOGS" by a small minded person who I wont mention here,Yes I am mean,but only when I have to be,They"6 rapist" would not like the last DAYS of life I would give them for such a scum of a crime.yes it would incure skinning, and a lot of salt rock and a stump to be beheaded on, God made our women and I feel that the low human scum that would hurt them should be removed from this planet.Yes this is harsh but to me it is what should be done.

I just don't understand how anyone can justify rape..

You just can't.. It's an act that physically and mentally harms someone.

It is wrong in every sense. No matter what definition.

When I read that the women died my heart sank.

• Like 1

I am sorry but I dont think India will 'awake' in any way because we Indians are just a bunch of hypocrites. Politicians, citizens, the media, the police and almost every one has double standards in this country. This father is nothing but a media scapegoat. The girls family were not even given the decency to grieve. This girl and her friend were thrown out of the bus naked and they were lying naked on the road for 2 hours. Where were all these people then?

Like I mentioned earlier, the only reason why this case gained such attention is because of the brutality of the attack. There have been many other brutal incidents. What has changed since the attack? A couple of protests, headlines in the news all day. Do you know how many rapes have happened from the time this girl was attacked till the time she died? This country has been a nightmare for women for ages now. Its nothing new. I don't foresee anything changing as well.

The media has been all over this family. Television channels give her fake names for trp's. They are calling her 'Braveheart', 'Lightning', ' India's Daughter'. Really!? Meanwhile we have all these politicians and god men shooting their mouths off about how they they women should 'behave' in public to not get raped.

Three links for you: This is what the victims brother had to say: http://www.firstpost...her-576759.html

This is what the victims friend who was beaten up had to say: http://www.firstpost...end-578643.html

Another brutal rape from the 70's: http://en.wikipedia....a_Shanbaug_case

I understand there are as many reasons to feel it's hopeless as to believe there is a chance for change but nothing changes if we just keep believing what we have now is good enough, it's not. It takes people to remain persistent that change is possible for it to be realised. I will always hope that the time is now for a better world and be greatful for any signs that keep that hope alive.

This wasn't just rape, as if that's not bad enough.

They penetrated her with a pipe/piece of metal so severely she died from those injuries.

She was a piece of rubbish for these cretins to treat how they wanted.

Actually, I'm starting to think that hanging is too good for them.

Bullet to the back of the head, Chinese style. In public. So any other males who think this is acceptable think again.

I understand there are as many reasons to feel it's hopeless as to believe there is a chance for change but nothing changes if we just keep believing what we have now is good enough, it's not. It takes people to remain persistent that change is possible for it to be realised. I will always hope that the time is now for a better world and be greatful for any signs that keep that hope alive.

I wish I was as optimistic are you are. One of the main problems with most parts of India is that women have been treated as nothing but objects since ancient history. They are married off when they are young, dowry issues, female infanticide, trafficking, rapes etc etc etc and since ancient history Indian men have been conditioned and brought up to believe that a woman's role in life is only to cook, clean, have sex and reproduce. Women have always been considered weak and their main responsibility in life is to take care of their men and children.

Sadly, many women across the country believe this as well as this has been passed down from generation after generation. It is only in the last 20 odd years that the 'independent women' came into the picture.

I would like to hope for a better world as well but its just that I look around and I give up most of the time.

• Like 1

Their lawyer also says that the victim brought it on herself by being out in the city at night time with a man she wasn't married to.

My solution is simple. If the police have actually arrested the right perps, a long gallows like the Lincoln conspirators had.

The rapists are unlucky that there wasn't a politician among the six. They could gotten away if there was.

I could make a separate thread on this story attached below, but the issue remains the same so I thought this might interest some folks here. Yes, your_dark_passenger this does make me a little despondent as the victim is a seven year old girl. What is going on in India?

Well, at least it's getting media attention, I can't help wondering if that was less likely a couple of months ago. I hope the outrage at this latest crime will fuel the flame of change too, it is certainly becoming a focal point in the region atm. India's attitudes to rape are under the media microscope.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/01/12/05/00/girl-raped-murdered-in-india-report

This wasn't just rape, as if that's not bad enough.

They penetrated her with a pipe/piece of metal so severely she died from those injuries.

She was a piece of rubbish for these cretins to treat how they wanted.

Actually, I'm starting to think that hanging is too good for them.

Bullet to the back of the head, Chinese style. In public. So any other males who think this is acceptable think again.

Even a bullet to the head is too good for them. It will be over too quickly. They need to suffer before they die, same as the innocent victim. I know that an eye for an eye is not always the solution, but in cases like this, I feel their private parts should be cut off and they must be left to bleed to death. (sorry if this sounds harsh but would any other punishment be adequate?) In my country, murder and rape is in the headlines almost daily. That is why I have no sympathy for these criminals. To simply send them to prison is not the solution, I mean in the end it is our tax money, paid by us,the innocent, law-abiding, hard working citizens that end up feeding them and putting a head over their heads. That is not justice.

• Like 1

I think this dude might want to consider some personal security, unfortunately if he has enough money someone will be willing to protect even him. What a piece of pond scum <_<

• Like 1

Maybe it is racial or religious motivated?...

Maybe they are Muslim and her Hindu.

Looks like you would like it to put the blame on that? Simmilar things never happened where you come from or in your religion?

What was that about a few weeks ago in Split when a young student was raped by a few guys with apparently a bottle so that her intestines were ripped off? Just asking.

Looks like you would like it to put the blame on that? Simmilar things never happened where you come from or in your religion?

What was that about a few weeks ago in Split when a young student was raped by a few guys with apparently a bottle so that her intestines were ripped off? Just asking.

You think that religious motivated crimes dont exist? :blink:

Edited by the L

Maybe you didnt know but there are historical tensions.

Altough it wasnt religious war (never was btw, crusade and islam conquest were for profit and gain done)

http://en.wikipedia....War_of_27_years

Maratha Mughal war

and it wasnt only one.

So yes , my question is valid. Maybe they are muslim and her hindu or other way around.

Or you think that muslims dont rape? :w00t:

Edited by the L

Maybe you didnt know but there are historical tensions.

Altough it wasnt religious war (never was btw, crusade and islam conquest were for profit and gain done)

http://en.wikipedia....War_of_27_years

Maratha Mughal war

and it wasnt only one.

So yes , my question is valid. Maybe they are muslim and her hindu or other way around.

Or you think that muslims dont rape? :w00t:

Just as much as hindus, christians, atheists.

The religion is irrevalant. Relavant is only that an innocent young woman was raped by male thugs.

The abuse of women by man is the focus point and this happenes everywhere.

Gather all rapists in large open area, douse in gasoline, set fire.

^if this was a yearly event I think rape would stop.

Unfortunately things like rape will never stop as long as someone believes they can get away with it... Makes me so sad...

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

http://www.dailymail...ost_read_module

And we wonder why this happened with assinine comments by a religious leader?

I was just reading through this thread and I came across your comment again. Your question might be answered now. http://www.dnaindia.com/india/1894211/report-asaram-bapu-s-aide-shilpi-surrenders-in-jodhpur-finally

• 1 year later...

On this Sunday, 16 December 2012, Jyoti, a name that means light and happiness, had just completed her medical exams to become a doctor. Speaking excellent English, she spent nights working in a call centre from 8pm until 4am, slept for three hours, then studied. Her ambition was to build and run a hospital in her family’s village. “A girl can do anything,” she would say.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/mar/01/indias-daughter-documentary-rape-delhi-women-indian-men-attitudes

Link to the documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLg131SZk1o

If there are any Indians reading this, please do watch the documentary before its taken off Youtube