Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA's Secret ET Influence

topsecretresearch

Good info. That doesn't mean NASA hasn't been influenced in someways by an ET reality. People will report a one piece coverall, helmet + visor or diver type suit in CE3s. ET's or occupants not of this earth need protective wear too.

Of course, it could flow in the opposite direction. Percipients will conceptualize their visual stimuli in terms of what they recognize from memories, cuing up full images from only partially-detected patterns. Actually, that's very common for almost all kinds of vision interpretative algorithms.

The more familiar a person is, say, with aviation, the more likely they would be to interpret a partially-perceived form in familiar terms. That's not to say how OFTEN they would misinterpret something, only that whenever they DO, what they 'see' will more likely be based on what they have seen in the past.

I remember doing research on Clark C. McClelland and both him and his father worked for NASA.

So what you consider doing 'research' on McClelland is to read what McClelland claims?

I do not think that word means what you seem to think it means.

Wouldn't it be funny if they were fibbing about the number and type of pictures really being taken on these missions?

So you actually think that's a more likely scenario than somone posting a fake video to YouTube??? The video is just a white dot moving around on a still background image. Do you think that would be very hard to fake? I've already shown you the source image used for the background.

Wouldn't it be funny if they were fibbing about the number and type of pictures really being taken on these missions?

What's not so funny is the ease in which people who deliberately keep themselves ignorant of space technology and operations can just conjure up fantasies that they imagine MIGHT be true without realizing there's a massive chain of preconditions and consequences of such partially-baked notions, that can be checked. Extra 'secret' cameras means different mass properties, different power budgets, especially different comm allocation through multiple relay points, all sorts of features of space operations that are thoroughly transparent to outside observers -- who see no such hints at 'invisible' hardware or images.

Clinging to such patently preposterous 'theories' is easiest if one keeps oneself fundamentally incapable of actually understanding the ramifications of some fantastic proposal -- such as secret cameras and photo sequences. The less one actually knows about real spaceflight [along with the more nonsense one mistakenly 'knows'] the greater the attraction of UFO interpretations.

We saw this in the controversy over Gordon Cooper's fairy tale of carrying a super secret military spy camera that allowed him to take hand-held views out the Gemini-5 window that showed license plates on cars in Texas. When confronted with a catalog of all the cameras on Gemini-5 and all of their ground resolutiuon capabilities, Cooper's co-author just blustered that the capsule was 'full of cameras' that nobody kept a list of. Magic cameras, for sure.

• Like 2

So what you consider doing 'research' on McClelland is to read what McClelland claims?

I do not think that word means what you seem to think it means.

Jim, Here his father's obituary. It appears the Clark C. McClelland fellow is real and does have a space program background. I can't vouch for his claims though.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=29271361&

Clyde Clark McClelland

29271361_121972151602.jpg

Photo provided by Clark C. McClelland.

29271361_121972085369.jpg

Clark had this monument inscribed to honor his father, Clyde, by showing his WWII battles in Europe with General Patton. The backside of the monument honors the programs that Clyde was a pioneer at Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Center, Florida, 1957-1970. He was a hero to his country. Photo and caption provided by Clark C. McClelland.

Birth: May 26, 1913 Death: Jul. 7, 2001 trans.gif

Son of Charles B. McClelland & Grace Viola (Clark) McClelland Pandolfino. Husband of Elizabeth Helen Mackovitch.

Obituary

In his 88 years, Clyde C. McClelland left Western Pennsylvania for only two extended periods, and only to serve his country. Mr. McClelland, who served with a tank destroyer unit during World War II and was a missile technician for the space program at Cape Canaveral for 15 years, died from complications of viral pneumonia Saturday, July 7, 2001 in the VA Medical Center in Aspinwall, PA. Mr. McClelland was born in Sligo, Clarion County. His father died when he was in his early teens, so Mr. McClelland moved with his mother, Grace, and sister, Lois, to the North Hills, near where his mother worked for Singer Sewing Machine Co. After he graduated from high school, Mr. McClelland worked for Pittsburgh Railways, predecessor of the Port Authority, until he enlisted in the Army in 1943. He served in France until 1945. He was part of a tank destroyer unit that attacked powerful German Tiger Tanks, a task his son Clark compared to "a rabbit hunting a tiger." During the Battle of the Bulge, Mr. McClelland, a technical sergeant, was caught behind enemy lines. He escaped Nazi capture and was later attached to Gen. George Patton's 3rd Army. He came under fire a number of times and suffered back injuries crossing the Remagan Bridge, while under intense enemy artillery fire. It eventually left him with a permanent 100% disability. He continued with General George S. Patton and his powerful US Third Army where he was part of the capture of the German Concentration Camp at Buchenwald. The Third Army liberated the tortured and sad people there. He met General Eisenhower at Buchenwald. He underwent some minor surgery in Europe and was hospitalized for two six-month periods in the US Veterans Hospital in Aspinwall, PA. He was operated on twice by the world renowned, Doctor Peter Lindstrom, who did not charge my father, in honor of his services in WW II. Doctor Lindstrom had a famous wife, movie actress, Ingrid Bergman.

Although he was not decorated at the time, his family is attempting to see that he is awarded a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star posthumously.

After returning to his family after WW II in Pittsburgh and working at Pittsburgh Railways for another 10 years, Mr. McClelland decided he wanted to participate in the still-embryonic space program and moved his family to Cape Canaveral, Florida. Initially, he worked on a team that fueled rockets and spacecraft, and was on the fueling team that sent Alan Shepard into space and John Glenn into earth orbit. Later he did work in air-conditioning and environmental control during the Saturn V Apollo missions to the moon. His sons, Clark and Robert L., also worked in the space program. Around 1970, Mr. McClelland and his wife, Elizabeth, returned to Pennsylvania, moving first to Mount Troy and then to McCandless Township. Mr. McClelland worked for the U.S. Postal Service there and retired in the mid-1980s. After years of helping others fly, Mr. McClelland learned to pilot a seaplane after retiring. He had wanted to fly during World War II, but was disqualified because he was colorblind, his son Clark said. The Rimersburg Veterans of Foreign Wars conducted a military burial with an honor guard firing their rifles and a bugle sounding taps. I promised my father that honor. The funeral for Mr. McClelland was 1 p.m. at Sligo Cemetery. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (PA) - July 13, 2001

Astronaut Clark McClelland, "the real Fox Mulder," has ties to Sligo.

Written by Clark C. McClelland, former ScO (Ground Test Astronaut), Space Shuttle Fleet, Kennedy Space Center, Florida

Submitted 08 November 1999.

My father was raised in Sligo, PA, and born on May 26, 1913. His father was employed by the railroad; and my father, Clyde Clark McClelland, and aunt, Lois Evelyn McClelland, lived with their mother, Grace Viola McClelland, while the father was away. The railroad company apparently had some financial troubles, and Charles B. McClelland, my grandfather, was released from his many years of employment with the company. He was out of work and worried himself into an early grave in Sligo Cemetery. He was only 41 or so. My father, his sister, and their mother moved from Sligo and came to Pittsburgh, where my grandmother went to work for Singer Sewing Machine Company.

My mother, Elizabeth Helen (Mackovitch) McClelland, married Dad and had my brother, Robert Lance McClelland, and I. She lost a baby girl when she had a miscarriage.

My father was drafted into the US Army Tank Destroyers and sent to Fort Hood, Texas, for training. He was soon after sent to England and landed in France during the D-Day invasion. Eventually, he was trapped behind enemy lines during the Battle of the Bulge, where he eventually was wounded twice; one being serious, he was sent to a hospital in France to heal. He returned to his Third Army assignments under General George Patton. With Patton, Dad was involved in the release of many thousands of concentration camp prisoners. He won the Bronze Star, Purple Heart, and many other medals and battle stars.

My dad and mother, along with Bob, moved to Titusville, Florida, in 1956, where my father joined the US Space Program. He, my wife, brother, Robert, Uncle Joseph Mackovitch and I were five of the first to become pioneers in that great effort. I arrived there in 1958 with my former wife Anna Mae (Smoller) McClelland. She gave birth to our son, Clark Michael McClelland, and daughter, Colleen Marie McClelland. I continued to work on the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs along with other members of our family. My uncle, Joseph Mackovitch (my mother's brother) worked the Apollo program; my sister-in-law, Margaret Dabelko (Minuteman program); and my wife, Anna Mae (Mercury program). It was a family affair.

My Father left the space program due to my mother's requiring a more northern, seasonal atmosphere for her asthma. They returned to Pittsburgh with my brother.

I remained at the launch bases and worked the Apollo-Soyuz mission of the meeting and coupling of the US and USSR spacecraft in orbit, the unmanned Lunar Orbiter, program, and launching the many Space Shuttles to the International Space Station.

During my years at Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center, I was also involved in the search for extraterrestrial life and investigating UFO sightings by our astronauts. I was the Director of the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP) and the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) at both launch bases. I was actually the real "X-Files" and the real Fox Mulder. Yes, our astronauts have seen UFO's.

I ended my Space Center career in 1992. I have been writing three books concerning my space program history and disclosing the REAL X-FILES to the tax paying public.

I am a member of the Masonic Order (F&AM) and a York Rite Knight Templar at Lodge 301 in Florida. I am an honorary Blood Brother of Chief White Wolf of the Native American Lakota Sioux Nation, being made a Blood Brother and a member 1993.

Our family history includes such historic people as Civil War General George B. McClellan (he did not use the "d" in his last name); William Clark, of the Lewis and Clark Expeditions; Abraham Clark, signer of the Declaration of Independence; Revolutionary War General George Rogers Clark; John Clark, first mate of the Mayflower (Pilgrims, 1620); William Clark(e) Quantrill, of the Confederate guerrilla band that scourged the west with Jesse and Frank James and Joseph Clark, who had an apartment across from Ford's Theater in Washington, DC, where President Abe Lincoln was carried and lay in his (Clark's) bed, where the President died.

For more information about Clark and his space career, visit his Web site at:

Stargate Chronicles

Used with permission of Clark C. McClelland

email: clark0003@gmail.com

email: clark0003@hotmail.com

Note: Clark C. McClelland will eventually be buried next to his father in Sligo, PA! OUR family heritage grounds.

Family links:

Parents:

Charles V. McClelland (1882 - 1925)

Grace Viola Clark Pandolfino (1888 - 1945) Burial:

Sligo Cemetery

Sligo

Clarion County

Pennsylvania, USA

Created by: Pamela Myers-Grewell

Record added: Aug 24, 2008

Find A Grave Memorial# 29271361

What's not so funny is the ease in which people who deliberately keep themselves ignorant of space technology and operations can just conjure up fantasies that they imagine MIGHT be true without realizing there's a massive chain of preconditions and consequences of such partially-baked notions, that can be checked. Extra 'secret' cameras means different mass properties, different power budgets, especially different comm allocation through multiple relay points, all sorts of features of space operations that are thoroughly transparent to outside observers -- who see no such hints at 'invisible' hardware or images.

Clinging to such patently preposterous 'theories' is easiest if one keeps oneself fundamentally incapable of actually understanding the ramifications of some fantastic proposal -- such as secret cameras and photo sequences. The less one actually knows about real spaceflight [along with the more nonsense one mistakenly 'knows'] the greater the attraction of UFO interpretations.

Very, very well said, sir. Thank you!

That got your attention, didn't it?

Very, very well said, sir. Thank you!

Very well said, indeed, but is any of it true?

For those who doubt that there were pictures that NASA kept secret, going back to the Apollo missions, watch this Luna Cognita video. There has always been a classified side of NASA that keeps two sets of books about UFOs, which no doubt continues up to today. Quite a few pictures and records are "missing" or not even acknowledged to exist in the first place, but Luna Cognita found evidence for this.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by TheMacGuffin

If you want to know about UFOs in space, Luna Cognita should be one of your first stops, rather than Oberg and the other disinfomers. For example, this Skylab UFO video will tell you things that Oberg and friends never will.

And of course there is plenty of evidence for NASA image tampering, also going back to the days of Apollo and Gemini.

[media=]

[/media]

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Obituary

In his 88 years, Clyde C. McClelland left Western Pennsylvania for only two extended periods, and only to serve his country..... His sons, Clark and Robert L., also worked in the space program. ....

It might be useful to try to find the brother, as well as Clark's ex-wife. They may have insights into his stories.

Robert L. McClelland, 75, lives in Pittsburgh, and seems to be the brother of Clark.

Does anybody want to telephone him and ask him about his brother's stories?

It might be useful to try to find the brother, as well as Clark's ex-wife. They may have insights into his stories.

As I've said many times, you really are an ongoing advertisement--for yourself.

Yes, I do use a real picture of myself, and not hide behind some Hollywood fantasy. Another difference.

Yes, I do use a real picture of myself, and not hide behind some Hollywood fantasy. Another difference.

You don't know what you're talking about.

And of course there is plenty of evidence for NASA image tampering, also going back to the days of Apollo and Gemini.

[media=]

[/media]

You really, really ought to independently verify everything you see in a LunaCognita video. He makes very polished videos using lots of technical jargon, but he misrepresents a lot of what he reports to push his conspiracy theories. It should be rather telling to note that he has teamed up with Jose Escamilla to produce UFO conspiracy videos.

This particular YouTube video is one of his more feeble attempts at creating a conspiracy out of thin air. First of all, he creates a straw man by stating: "After all, both NASA and Westinghouse claim that this camera was built using off-the-shelf mid-1960's 'public' technology." Please show me where anybody associated with the Apollo program ever claimed that. This camera was non-standard in just about every possible way.

Yes, the SEC tube portion of the Westinghouse lunar camera was classified Confidential back in the mid-60s and, yes, it did use a fiber optic assembly. All of this was already public information back in 2008 when LunaCognita posted his YouTube video. In December of 2005, retired Apollo engineer Bill Wood published at the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal a very detailed report on the history of Apollo television technology (link). This report, published almost three years earlier than LunaCognita's YouTube post, had this to say about the Apollo 11 camera:

Early in the Apollo program NASA became aware of a special low-light television imaging tube that Westinghouse had developed for the Department of Defense. Due to the war in Viet Nam, the Army was developing low light devices for use as jungle surveillance devices and on aircraft to spot a downed pilot at night.

To meet the DOD requirements Westinghouse developed a sensitive image tube that combined a variable-gain light intensifier with a secondary electron conduction (SEC) target. The SEC tube had the capability to reproduce objects in motion, at low light levels, without the normal smearing produced by vidicon or image orthicon tubes.

At the time the SEC tube had a DOD security classification as befitted such a device. Since there was no other device that could possibly meet the Apollo TV camera mission requirement to operate unattended at both lunar day and lunar night and survive all phases of the Apollo mission, the DOD was asked to allow Westinghouse to use the SEC tube for the Apollo TV Camera program.

In fact, the SEC tube design and performance were declassified at the end of 1970. Here's a link to a 1965 Westinghouse technical report on the camera:

LUNAR TV CAMERA: Technical Summary No. 1, February 1965

If you look at page 3 of the pdf file, you'll see the declassification markings indicating that this document was downgraded from Confidential to Unclassified in January of 1971.

By 1973, the details of the fiber optic portion of the SEC tube were being openly discussed in this completely unclassified NASA report:

Apollo Experience Report: Television System

From page 16 of the report:

Secondary-Electron-Conduction Tube

The secondary-electron-conduction (SEC) camera tube represents the culmination of efforts to produce a sensor tube of balanced design with high sensitivity, fast response time, simplicity of operation, compactness, ruggedness, and lightweight construction. The basic feature of the tube is the high-gain, fast-response SEC target, which makes it possible to obtain high sensitivity and low-lag performance. The use of electrostatic focus, magnetic deflection, and a low-power heater-cathode structure resulted in major weight, size, and power savings.

The entrance window consists of a plano-concave fiber-optic mosaic with a nominal fiber diameter of 7 microns and a numerical aperture of 1. To prevent light jumping from one fiber to another, each fiber is clad, giving a low index of refraction. In optical bundles, a second cladding of opaque material is normally placed around each fiber so that light outside the acceptance angle is absorbed. Early double-clad mosaics of this type produced flaws or spots, some of which were quite large. New specifications for blemishes are shown in the following table and in figure 13.

There simply isn't any coverup or conspiracy here. This stuff has all been part of the public Apollo record for years.

The "secret SEVA" on Apollo-12 is another howler, hyping a careless contractor's confusion over post-landing site surveys into a purposeless and pointless coverup of what would never have been secret -- and wasn't, when it occurred on Apollo-15.

The "secret SEVA" on Apollo-12 is another howler, hyping a careless contractor's confusion over post-landing site surveys into a purposeless and pointless coverup of what would never have been secret -- and wasn't, when it occurred on Apollo-15.

Yeah, I've been shaking my head over that one for the past few days. What an amazing story LunaCognita managed to concoct from what was clearly a dumb mistake by an author who wasn't too familiar with the missions. The whole report was basically just a simple literature survey using the mission reports and crew debriefings. I saw your earlier posts on ATS about this. I assume you never got a response when you tried to email the author?

I've been planning on writing a longer post on this one, but first I'd like to ask TheMacGuffin a couple simple questions:

LunaCognita says that the SEVA was done to give the crew a slightly higher look at the local landscape so they could better figure out where they really were. As Jim mentioned above, what possible reason could anyone have for wanting to keep that secret???

LunaCognita also claims that the photos supposedly taken during this secret SEVA are still classified TOP SECRET. Why would they be classified at all (assuming they even exist)? They'd be essentially identical to the hundreds of published photos taken during the two actual EVAs.

If you can give me rational answers to those questions, I'll be happy to show you in more detail why LunaCognita's theories are wrong. This one, though, is so silly that I'm not going to bother with the technical details until we get past the overall insanity of the whole concept.

Here's more that points to NASA's Secret ET Influence:

Hermann Oberth -- "we have been helped by the people of other worlds"

Herman Oberth the Father of Rocketry said, We cannot take credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields, and we have been helped. A reporter asked by whom. He answered, By people of other worlds, Dr Herman stated, We find ourselves faced by powers which are far stronger than we had hitherto assumed, and whose base is at present unknown to us. More I cannot say at present. We are now engaged in entering into closer contact with those powers, and in six or nine months time it may be possible to speak with some precision on the matter.

What did Hermann Oberth mean by "helped by the people of other worlds?"

Were ET's in contact with humans guiding us along? Was it through observation, UFO crash recovery operations and reverse engineering?

What's interesting is rocket pioneer Hermann Oberth was a mentor to Wernher von Braun.

Wernher von Braun played a pivital role in the development of NASA and the Apollo program.

In fact Wernher von Braun relied on Hermann Oberth for technical epxertise in the development of the Vergeltungswaffen (V-1, V-2 rocket) during WW.I.I.

Here Von Braun and Oberth are being interviewed in German discussing rocketry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I_6KqlHZS8

Here is Hermann Oberth pictured with Major Von Keviczky:

7geos.jpg

Hermann Oberth and Major Von Keviczky meet on February 25, 1980. Dr. Hermann Oberth, The father of the astronautics already thought at this time that UFOs existed and that they could come from another planet.

Major Von Keviczky (ICUFON) was the first to push for UFO disclosure and help lead hearings at the UN. He also claimed that the Star Wars SDI program was really aimed at ETs.

"When the president's science advisor George Keyworth was explaining the SDI research program, Colman pointed out with that roaring voice he had that 'star wars' was really aimed against the galactic forces and not the Soviets."

This would have been before Phillip Corso surfaced and made similar claims.

http://www.peaceinsp.../dr-carol-rosin

Dr. Carol Rosin would claim during the last years of von Braun's life he would speak of ET's and an agenda to weaponize space. Note that Major Von Keviczky pictured with Von Braun's mentor Hermann Oberth claimed the SDI program was targetting these ET/UFO craft.

laserstation.jpg

neutralParticleBeam.jpg

Edited by topsecretresearch

Oberth's views, which he developed in the 1950s, are accurately described here. Apparently he came to these views based on what he read in the newspapers at the time.

Von Keviczky was a sweet old man on a personal crusade, he never 'led' any UN anything, he talked about UFO invasions to any audience he had access to.

Rosin's stories are puzzling in how differently she portrays von Braun's 'secret feelings' from what he told everybody else who knew him. Either she was the only person on Earth von Braun revealed his innermost secrets to, or she is exploiting her brfief clerking internship with him to validate ideas she had already developed and wanted to promote.

None of these three people seem to have had any influence on NASA's relationship with the UFO phenomenon.

You really, really ought to independently verify everything you see in a LunaCognita video. He makes very polished videos using lots of technical jargon, but he misrepresents a lot of what he reports to push his conspiracy theories. It should be rather telling to note that he has teamed up with Jose Escamilla to produce UFO conspiracy videos.

There simply isn't any coverup or conspiracy here. This stuff has all been part of the public Apollo record for years.

I was not aware of this information before I saw his video, and certainly it's not something that you have ever "shared" on here. No one would even have known about it at all had I not posted it.

In any case, I think Luna Cognita's real point was that the fiber optic camera was classified for many years, and at the time NASA just claimed it was built from off-the-shelf components. This was not true.

Another point he makes repeatedly is that the image quality shown to the public was often deliberately degraded by NASA, which Jeff Challender also noted in all the space shuttle missions that involved UFO sightings.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Oberth's views, which he developed in the 1950s, are accurately described here. Apparently he came to these views based on what he read in the newspapers at the time.

Von Keviczky was a sweet old man on a personal crusade, he never 'led' any UN anything, he talked about UFO invasions to any audience he had access to.

Rosin's stories are puzzling in how differently she portrays von Braun's 'secret feelings' from what he told everybody else who knew him. Either she was the only person on Earth von Braun revealed his innermost secrets to, or she is exploiting her brfief clerking internship with him to validate ideas she had already developed and wanted to promote.

None of these three people seem to have had any influence on NASA's relationship with the UFO phenomenon.

Yes, we know your opinion of anyone whose views on UFOs differ from yours, no matter that they worked for NASA even before you did and had information that you never had.

According to you, NASA has no relationship with any UFO phenomenon because there is a conventional explanation for every UFO report and all the people who claim to have seen UFOs are liars and frauds--if they disagree with you.