Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Canine Suicide Spot

seeder

LOL. Dogs don't like me. that's their fault. More than once I have been attacked by them. If they want peace they should make the first move :P

So you've got a phobia about dogs then?

If so there's a way of conquering your fear.

I was in the same fix as well because I thought dogs were out to get me.

However over time I honestly began to think they were man's best friend.

You can't tar dogs with the same brush because the majority I've seem are as meek as a lamb.

My two are prime examples of good-natured dogs and I'm sure you will change your opinion in a heartbeat.

Tbh you were just unfortunate to meet a dog who's owner didn't look after him.

I can imagine that shook your confidence to bits but I was in the same boat.

Things like this can be mastered over time.

So you've got a phobia about dogs then?

If so there's a way of conquering your fear.

I was in the same fix as well because I thought dogs were out to get me.

However over time I honestly began to think they were man's best friend.

You can't tar dogs with the same brush because the majority I've seem are as meek as a lamb.

My two are prime examples of good-natured dogs and I'm sure you will change your opinion in a heartbeat.

Tbh you were just unfortunate to meet a dog who's owner didn't look after him.

I can imagine that shook your confidence to bits but I was in the same boat.

Things like this can be mastered over time.

I don't fear nor hate dogs. I can only remember myself either feeding them, petting them or getting attacked by them. Nor will I agree with any animal abuser & then nor do I consider slaughtering poor sheeps & chickens & feeding them to your beloved dogs justice I'm totally indifferent to it all. but if they decide to jump of a bridge I would say " good riddance" lol

Someone volunteering fence wire strung at that spot would help. I have seen this phenomenon first hand one time. I have no idea what the bridge railing looks like between those two parapets. Clearly the level running plane fools them into thinking the other side is the same way.

Twenty years ago I was traveling with a huge semi truck load of black walnut logs northbound on Indiana's Interstate 65. A bridge overpass had a young boy bicycling aross. Then out of the blue his full blooded German shepard dog running unseen with the boy, came into full view jumping over the concrete short wall. Luckily the dog was near the end for a 12-15 foot fall into the grassy bank. He was pushing the air with his front paws all the way down to a big bounce & tumble downwards. Unharmed but red faced the shepard ran back up the bank to join the boy on the other side of the fence!

• Like 1

Someone volunteering fence wire strung at that spot would help. I have seen this phenomenon first hand one time. I have no idea what the bridge railing looks like between those two parapets. Clearly the level running plane fools them into thinking the other side is the same way.

Twenty years ago I was traveling with a huge semi truck load of black walnut logs northbound on Indiana's Interstate 65. A bridge overpass had a young boy bicycling aross. Then out of the blue his full blooded German shepard dog running unseen with the boy, came into full view jumping over the concrete short wall. Luckily the dog was near the end for a 12-15 foot fall into the grassy bank. He was pushing the air with his front paws all the way down to a big bounce & tumble downwards. Unharmed but red faced the shepard ran back up the bank to join the boy on the other side of the fence!

dog got swag
  • Like 1

Okay, here is my pseudo-scientific explanation - which borrows from the idea of "morphic resonance", as proposed by British biologist Rupert Sheldrake. There is a type of field of energy, or memory, that is in the environment around that bridge. Whether it be some sort of magnetic anomaly in the Earth itself, or a memory imprint of past suicides - and the fact that it has happened already so many times. The energy is reinforced and almost opens up a type of "portal" which influences the brains and nervous systems of highly acute dogs. Dogs are well known to have extremely sensitive perceptions.

I don't fear nor hate dogs. I can only remember myself either feeding them, petting them or getting attacked by them. Nor will I agree with any animal abuser & then nor do I consider slaughtering poor sheeps & chickens & feeding them to your beloved dogs justice I'm totally indifferent to it all. but if they decide to jump of a bridge I would say " good riddance" lol

So we are back to square one then!

Btw it's not just dogs that eat chickens and sheep.

You might as well good riddance to the human race.

If you had said bugs and good riddance in the same sentence you might have a point.

Your feelings about dogs are all over the place and erratic.

So we are back to square one then!

Btw it's not just dogs that eat chickens and sheep.

You might as well good riddance to the human race.

If you had said bugs and good riddance in the same sentence you might have a point.

Your feelings about dogs are all over the place and erratic.

I have no problem with dogs. They are just animals. Why should I have feelings for them? :)) Your assumptions blinded you even if I had a point you wouldn't see it. I rather have feelings for African starving human beings than waste my foods & money on an overrated animal.

I wish happiness & full stomachs for all dogs in the entire world. Are you happy now? can I go?

I wish happiness & full stomachs for all dogs in the entire world. Are you happy now? can I go?

Your excused now considering it's Crimbo.

They probably ran up to the edge chasing something and couldn't stop. Dogs are nutty that way.

dogs jumping off a high bridge for no apparent reason!!

So my analysis:

1. They jump only on sunny days

2. They jump from a bridge crossing a river

3. They jump between two specific parapets

4. They are long nosed dogs: collies, retrievers and labradors

Questions:

1. Why do not they jump on rainy days

2. Why do not they jump from bridges that are not crossing a river

3. Why do not they jump from bridges that have no pair of parapets

4. Why do not short nosed dogs jump from the bridge

What do dogs use their nose for?

Answers:

1. Dogs use their nose to smell. Long nosed dogs may be expected to have a far better sense of smell than short nosed dogs.

2. On rainy days what dogs cannot smell is the location of pools of water, since everything smells like water on those days

3. A pair of parapets can function as a funnel of air flow, especially on a sunny day when water evaporates more strongly and the air when heated by the ground rises more strongly.

4. Collies, retrievers and labradors all are water dogs.

Thus: These water dogs on sunny days smell the water vapor that has evaporated from the river in the rising air that is funneled upwards by the pair of parapets. Mistakenly believing that there is a pool of water on the other side of the wall between the parapets, and wanting to play in the water and wanting to cool down in the pool, they jump the wall.

I recommend that that part of the wall be torn down and be replaced by an open fence.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think they just couldn't take living in Scotland anymore.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A Belgian shepard "fell"? off a New Orleans tall building doing search work for the (uninformed) U.S. Secret Service. He was off his leash so he jumped over the raised edge expecting the same running plane on the other side.

http://washington.cb...weep-for-biden/

The word suicide should not be in the topic line. As a death jump like that would not be the will of any dog.

Reason for edit: I added an "A" before Belgian shepard....

Edited by Malaria_Kidd