Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA calls triple due to doomsday inquiries

Saru

NASA has been bombarded with calls from people who believe the world will be ending tomorrow.

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration has seen call volumes triple at times as anxious Americans continue to bombard the agency with inquiries about whether the world will end tomorrow.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

Maybe something cool will happen, like the carrington solar storm of 1859...

That would be cool. Apparently you could see it all over the world!

• Like 1

Well, it is the end of the world tomorrow for those who do die tomorrow.

You just blew my mind.

• Like 1

Observation: How'd you like to be the poor NASA employee assigned to answer those calls!

Maybe they've allowed him to bring a bottle of gin in until it's all over with.

• Like 2

Observation: How'd you like to be the poor NASA employee assigned to answer those calls!

"No, no, it's not till next year, we just don't want everyone panicking next year."

Now, if I was that poor sod, and could get away with it without getting canned, what I'd do is this:

Tomorrow, when the date is correct, either leave the phone off the hook - that would get a few folk worried - or better yet, when you get the caller ringing in, answer, but as they ask their question relating to the end of everything as we know it, have a sound file of a large explosion go off.

Or, just to avoid the nutters anyway, leave a recording going.

Hello, this is NASA. Due to the unexpected end of all human civilisation and the end of the world, if you are hearing this message, it means that within the next 24 hours we will all be dead. Thank you for your call. You won;t be getting charged for ringing us! :w00t:

• Like 5

I'll be sitting here on UM when it happens so we can all go out together.

• Like 1

So tomorrow for NASA is today in some part of the world.

My god, I need to call my family in the Philippines around 2pm PST to see if they are still alive.

*crossing fingers*

ROFLMAO

Hello and thank you for calling NASA. Please press 1 for out astrophysics department, Press 2 for a department of stellar objects, Press 3 for a recording of our launch timetables or slam your face repeatedly against the number pad if you wish to discuss 2012

• Like 2

I'll be sitting here on UM when it happens so we can all go out together.

I'll drink to that hilander

Yes, good ideea people :) i'm in.

What the hell is wrong with people!!??

I would be interested to see who these "people" are.

I bet they could be stereo typed in some way,... part from the 2012 nonsense I mean.

• Like 1

Another possible phone message idea....

"Hello, thank you for calling NASA. Unfortunately, there's nobody available to take your call right now, as we've all instead used our secret fleet of space shuttles and escaped the impending doom of earth and are on route to our super secret set of moonbases."

• Like 4

"For information in English, please press1"

"For information in Mayan, please press 2"

"To talk to some who really cares, please hang up"

• Like 7

Are people really doing this ?......WOW ! the Mayans didnt know what was going on outside their little perimeter,they didnt know that there was a whole world out there so maybe Mexico will go pooooofffff tomorrow ?