Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Muammar Gaddafi, was he really bad?

Coffey

Pretty much want to discuss your thoughts on this video?

I found it very interesting. According to that video, my life would be 100000000x better if Gaddafi was the leader of my country. So is there truth in what it says?

Nothing would surprise me....do we know who is running the gold today in Libya?

The thing is, while not wanting to be Cynical and always willing to consider alternative points of view, there's always a nasty smell that hangs over all these theories, which certainly seems to be reinforced by some of the comments on that viedo, that these arguments can always be boiled down to "The Jews did it", or "it was all done on behalf of the Jews". This tends to leave a rather unpleasant smell.

Edited by 747400
  • Like 2

Im not going to comment on Ghaddafi. But if his policy was a good one for Africa in general then it should be pursued. (Gold)

Excellent question:

do we know who is running the gold today in Libya?

I give this a 7/10.

The US has long since theorized to have traded its gold and the American dollar was then used as the World currency. There seems to be bits in that clip that point to that having happened.

Im not sure what anyone outside Libya had to do with the initial uprising as it was the Arab spring that catalyzed the people. This from an American I could certainly understand better.

We do know that Benghazi was a deal gone bad. Always figured it was about weapons given to the rebels but now I have to add gold to that. To verify I had an online gaming associate that was the IT tech that died in the fire at Benghazi and we do know what his last words were before he dropped teamspeak. "OH **** gunfire"

"Got to GO"

RIP VILE RAT

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

Nothing would surprise me....do we know who is running the gold today in Libya?

The gold is still with the family, they shipped it over the border to friends of Gaddafi in Niger

[media=]

[/media]

Pretty much want to discuss your thoughts on this video?

I found it very interesting. According to that video, my life would be 100000000x better if Gaddafi was the leader of my country. So is there truth in what it says?

If you lived under Gaddafi you would say yes all the time, while in the UK you can yes and no

To verify I had an online gaming associate that was the IT tech that died in the fire at Benghazi and we do know what his last words were before he dropped teamspeak. "OH **** gunfire"

"Got to GO"

RIP VILE RAT

Sorry for your loss, that's harsh.

If you lived under Gaddafi you would say yes all the time, while in the UK you can yes and no

What can I say no to though? I have to pay council tax, I can't say no to that!

I was charged council tax while at college even though i wasn't supposed to be, I sent all the right forms etc and now I'm in debt from it. They won't let me appeal about it and I've tried endless times trying to sort it. Now I have some ****head bailiff knocking on my door who won't accept my payment plan and demands what i can't afford.

In this country you get punished for trying to further your education. Unless of course your parents help you. in which case I wasn't that lucky. We aren't born equal int he UK.

• Like 3

From what I've found, this is true of Libyans who have been westernized, but I can't speak for the majority who live there. What is true is that he was an evil man, but also that he did a lot of good for his country when compared to the surrounding oil rich Arab states.

Is the country better now than before? I would guess not, with all the internal tribal struggles, militants and the like. And hundreds of billions of dollars that have disappeared.

Could the country be better in the future? Definitely, if they sort themselves out.

The gold is still with the family, they shipped it over the border to friends of Gaddafi in Niger

The Niger government is urging the international community to invest millions of dollars in the country's programme to increase food security and build its agricultural capabilities.

--------------------------------

i take it the friends are not the government if Niger?!

• Like 1

I'm tired of spending taxpayer money for the much beloved Al Qaeda terrorists in places like Libya. Our policies are so counterproductive we do more to help Al Qaeda than to hurt. We put them in power in one place, and bog ourselves down trying to kill them all off somewhere else. That is not logical. Other than shuffling the deck chairs around and making the defense industry rich, it accomplishes nothing net on net. Al Qaeda in Afghanistan aren't any more dangerous than Al Qaeda in Libya and probably a lot less so just looking at the disparity in resources between these two places. Terrorists should live in a cave under a pile of rocks, if that's what they are. Not in oil rich nations like Libya, but unfortunately, Al Qaeda hotspots like Benghazi were selected to receive US aid against the guy who the Neocons were literally bragging about in 2007 when little else in the Middle East was going their way.

• Like 5

Put in Sharia law, public executions, used diplomats for assassinations, went to war with Egypt and Chad, supported terrorism, banned political parties, and killed protesters. Yes he was that bad. He did have some positive policies and did work to improve Libya but this does not wipe out the harm he did.

• Like 3

Put in Sharia law, public executions, used diplomats for assassinations, went to war with Egypt and Chad, supported terrorism, banned political parties, and killed protesters. Yes he was that bad. He did have some positive policies and did work to improve Libya but this does not wipe out the harm he did.

The US is supporting terrorists right now. The US supported the same terrorists against Gaddaffi. The exact same terrorists who supposedly attacked civilians on American soil.

Wasn't Gaddaffi fighting Al Qaeda.....

• Like 1

If the US is supporting Al Qaeda in Libya beyond the loss of an arms deal made with a third party could you explain a little more please. Or provide some proof. I understand poof would be hard to come by.

The US is supporting terrorists right now. The US supported the same terrorists against Gaddaffi. The exact same terrorists who supposedly attacked civilians on American soil.

Wasn't Gaddaffi fighting Al Qaeda.....

That was the excuse he used, which ironically of course meant that he was doing exactly what Western Governments do; blame the semi-mythical Al Q for everything.

• Like 3

If the US is supporting Al Qaeda in Libya beyond the loss of an arms deal made with a third party could you explain a little more please. Or provide some proof. I understand poof would be hard to come by.

You are unaware that the terrorists we more or less installed both in Libya and also Syria are officially designated terrorists and have long been known to be offshoots and affiliates of "al-Qaeda" (original 'Afghan' Mujahideen)? I thought this was common knowledge?

Relationship with al Qaeda

The LIFG links to Al-Qaeda hail from Afghanistan, where hundreds joined Al-Qaeda. High ranking LIFG operatives inside Al-Qaeda, are the leader of the insurgency Abdel-Hakim Belhadj (also known as Abu Abdullah al-Sadiq), and the recently killed Atiyah Abd al-Rahman, who was killed in a CIA drone strike, and Al-Qaeda's Abu Yahya al-Libi.[12]

The Telegraph reported that senior Al Qaeda members Abu Yahya al-Libi and Abu Laith al-Libi were LIFG members.[13] One of al-Qaeda's most senior members, Atiyah Abdul-Rahman, was purportedly a member of LIFG as well.

http://en.wikipedia....p_with_al_Qaeda

They have since announced a 'split', but they are essentially the same Islamic fundamentalist, extremists that the U.S. first trained, installed and armed.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

That was the excuse he used, which ironically of course meant that he was doing exactly what Western Governments do; blame the semi-mythical Al Q for everything.

Is there one good government in the whole world?!

Beginning to wonder why we all put up with this ***?!

You are unaware that the terrorists we more or less installed both in Libya and also Syria are officially designated terrorists and have long been known to be offshoots and affiliates of "al-Qaeda" (original 'Afghan' Mujahideen)? I thought this was common knowledge?

Yes this I am aware. The average America not so much.

My question is if the US government is still funding them after the Benghazi incident.

What is ever proof? Benghazi was/is one of the biggest hotspots for Al Qaeda in the world outside of Pakistan. This wasn't another "intelligence failure" either, this was a deliberate campaign to oust another regime who didn't play by the West's rules to put in God-knows-who from Benghazi.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2055630/Flying-proudly-birthplace-Libyas-revolution-flag-Al-Qaeda.html

And people say there is no God. God is great indeed. Ask any Al Qaeda from Benghazi.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reading this topic made me want to join this forum so hi...

my contribution .... looks like some shady **** happened....

http://www.tocachat....addafi-s-money-

Hi, Welcome to UM!

Hopefully someone can give more information on this, it is a mystery why that exchange happened.

Edited by Coffey

Hopefully someone can give more information on this, it is a mystery why that exchange happened.

We can't talk about that, Coffey. That'd be like talking about Kuwait slant-drilling Iraq's oil. Inappropriate!

• Like 1

We can't talk about that, Coffey. That'd be like talking about Kuwait slant-drilling Iraq's oil. Inappropriate!

Was that accusation proven, Yam? And are you saying that if it IS true, the Kuwaiti's deserved the brutality that Saddam poured onto them? Seems more like a case for the world court or the UN to decide.

I think the US is looking to upset the entire apple cart in the Middle East, and with the blessings of NATO. Below is a video by Ron Paul and Papa Bush.

I think the US is looking to upset the entire apple cart in the Middle East, and with the blessings of NATO. Below is a video by Ron Paul and Papa Bush.

[media=]

What do you imagine the reason for that to be? I mean, what benefit would the US derive from it?