Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sandy Hook Residents Urge Media To Move On

Dredimus

"The story is over. The families are burying their loved ones. Please leave our towns."

These were the sentiments of State Representative DebraLee Hovey during a Capital memorial service December 19, but they represent the comments of a growing throng of Newtown residents, merchants and officials, as well as a number of survivors who have contacted The Bee in the days since the Sandy Hook School rampage.

For several stretches of time beginning early Monday morning, December 17, most of the police band radio traffic focused on dispatching officers to remove media representatives from areas of private property that were being overrun by news crews, many with support staff toting pop-up kiosks, cameras and arriving in huge vehicles that are choking off the traffic flow of customers to local businesses.

The many shops in Sandy Hook Center are being particularly affected by this crush of media and support vehicles, with the Toy Tree among those hardest hit. At a time of the year that can make a financial difference between economic survival and closure, that small boutique has remained devoid of clients who can't, or refuse to try to, reach it through stagnant traffic on Church Hill Road.

Suffering From Media Onslaught (You will have to click on the story link of the same title as the link)

I hadnt really thought about how big of a pain in the rear the situation has become for the residents of Sandy Hook. Such a small quaint town being floooded by thousands on a daily basis.

• Like 1

Yeah, but you know they're just hiding something. -sarcasm-

I've always hated how media flocks to tragedy like vultures. Report the story, that's good enough for me. Don't go shoving microphones into grieving people's faces, or slam news vans in front of their houses.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 1

Yeah, but you know they're just hiding something. -sarcasm-

I've always hated how media flocks to tragedy like vultures. Report the story, that's good enough for me. Don't go shoving microphones into grieving people's faces, or slam news vans in front of their houses.

I agree completely. What better way to try to focus on the children you have left and help them through the holidays than having a camera crew posted in your front yard.

I couldnt give this enough thumbs up. The 2 on the Batman map is what they should really be focusing on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wR95CLpHbTI

The media disgusts right now to where Im not even turning on my tv. Ill show my objection with by tuning them out and coming to my own conclusions.

GOD BLESS THE BRIGHT LIGHTS IN THE HEAVENS

I couldnt give this enough thumbs up. The 2 on the Batman map is what they should really be focusing on. [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wR95CLpHbTI[/media]

The media disgusts right now to where Im not even turning on my tv. Ill show my objection with by tuning them out and coming to my own conclusions.

GOD BLESS THE BRIGHT LIGHTS IN THE HEAVENS

Please remove this crap from this forum. Leave the conspiracy junk out of this. Saru already shut one thread down over it. KEEP ON TOPIC.

Im telling the media to move. Sorry if YOU did not get it.