Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Supersquatch

Gangnam Style!

33 posts in this topic

2 people like this

Gotta love it!

I wouldn't want that kreepy Korean anywhere near my horses, thank you very much!

Like most modern 'music' and dance performers - irritating to the 'N'th.degree!

1 person likes this

One of the best hits, which came out in many years!

And even better:

1 person likes this

Which shows more than anything else the flaw with Democracy: that the more popular something is, is by no means an indicator of quality. In fact, as in the case illustrated, the correlation is usually exactly the opposite. The more hits something gets on Yotube, or if something makes the lucrative Christmas #1 slot on account of winning a TV Talent show, that's almost certainly a guarantee that it is, as in the case illustrated, crap.

6 people like this

And even better:

[media=]

[/media]

HAHA that is better

Funny!

Love PSY! Aha, very funny music video as well

1 person likes this

Jeez.

So if a video is very funny, does that absolve anyone from blame for making, and forcing everyone to hear on the radio for months on end, utter garbage? Don't forget that this idiot is making lots and lots of lovely $$$ from forcing this crap on everyone.

2 people like this

Jeez.

So if a video is very funny, does that absolve anyone from blame for making, and forcing everyone to hear on the radio for months on end, utter garbage? Don't forget that this idiot is making lots and lots of lovely $$$ from forcing this crap on everyone.

747... land your plane already. It's just a parody song.

See here: http://en.wikipedia....i/Gangnam_Style

"Gangnam Style" is a Korean neologism that refers to a lifestyle associated with the Gangnam District[17] of Seoul,[18] where people are trendy, hip and exude a certain supposed "class". The term was listed in Time's weekly vocabulary list as a manner associated with lavish lifestyles in Seoul's Gangnam district.[19] PSY likened the Gangnam District to Beverly Hills, California, and said in an interview that he intended in a twisted sense of humor by claiming himself to be "Gangnam Style" when everything about the song, dance, looks, and the music video is far from being such a high class.[20]

People who are actually from Gangnam never proclaim that they are—it's only the
and
that put on these airs and say that they are "Gangnam Style"—so this song is actually poking fun at those kinds of people who are trying so hard to be something that they're not.

—PSY

Edited by pallidin

Personally, I like the Johnson Space Center version much better...but then, I'm a total geek. :geek:

Love PSY! Aha, very funny music video as well

He surely deserves more ''clicks'' than Justin Bieber :tu:

He surely deserves more ''clicks'' than Justin Bieber :tu:

There was a toad in my veggy garden this summer that 'deserved more ''clicks'' than Justin Bieber'! s7335.gif

4 people like this

This has got "one hit wonder" written all over it.

Just because it's got a billion views dosn't mean it's everybodys cup of tea.

The same logic in my eyes applies to Harry Potter.

Tbh I think there's better things to watch on Youtube.

It's good for a belly laugh but that's all and I suppose the redheaded girl is cute.

But if it gives the general public what they want then go for it.

However I would rather shuffle than do it Gangham style.

Just call me an old stick in the mud.

lol, first time i heard this song on radio i was absolutely confused :huh:

To be honest...I've heard the song a few times and I'm still a bit confused (why is this song such a big deal?).

I guess you know you're getting old when trendy stuff just makes you go *huh?*.

1 person likes this

747400, on 21 December 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

Jeez.So if a video is very funny, does that absolve anyone from blame for making, and forcing everyone to hear on the radio for months on end, utter garbage? Don't forget that this idiot is making lots and lots of lovely $$$ from forcing this crap on everyone.

Oohh... come on.... It's not so bad. But even if it is I think a lot of people have watched it out of pure curiosity, it's what I did. Of my own free will btw... This Psy guy did not force me ;)

Edited by Lava_Lady

Jeez.

Sorry, double post.... Darn phone.

Edited by Lava_Lady

I think this whole phenomenon has been one giant Psy op.

:innocent:

Edited by ExpandMyMind
1 person likes this

I think this whole phenomenon has been one giant Psy op.

:innocent:

As i've speculated before, I think he may actually be a N. Korean agent, planted to discredit South Korea in the eyes of the world.

You mark my words.

1 person likes this

As i've speculated before, I think he may actually be a N. Korean agent, planted to discredit South Korea in the eyes of the world.

You mark my words.

Yes it's all VERY political.... :passifier:

;)

The original has spawned many parodies....this one made me smile.... :)

[media=]

[/media]

I wonder when the 747400 Style one is coming out.... :innocent:

I doubt there's anything in this world, that deserves less views than Justin Bieber lol

You mark my words.

Well he's doing a very bad job of it, he went to the UN to teach Secretary General Ban-Kii Moon how to do it. If anything he's made South Korea the most loved country this year.

Thanks should go to Scooter Braun, he's the guy behind making the video/song famous, he's also the guy who made Justin Bieber famous. And Carly Rae Japaneseen of "Call me maybe" fame, that was him too.