Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Supersquatch

Gangnam Style!

33 posts in this topic

Well he's doing a very bad job of it, he went to the UN to teach Secretary General Ban-Kii Moon how to do it. If anything he's made South Korea the most loved country this year.

Thanks should go to Scooter Braun, he's the guy behind making the video/song famous, he's also the guy who made Justin Bieber famous. And Carly Rae Japaneseen of "Call me maybe" fame, that was him too.

Hold on, the Frankenstein who created this not only created this, but made Justine Bieber famous as well?!!?!

Well, i see it now. If, as was suggested above, this Gangland Style thing is actually a parody, then it all becomes clear: Bieber is a parody as well. Well, that explains it all. He too is a subtle joke on Western popular culture. Ah, now it all makes sense. :yes:

1 person likes this

I wonder what the North Korean's feelings are on this dog and pony show?

And for those who may not have read the WIKI referenced earlier, here is an explanation on the dance style PSY uses for this:

During an interview with The New York Times, PSY revealed that the Korean fans have huge expectations about his dancing, so he felt a lot of pressure. In order to keep up with expectations, he studied hard to find something new and stayed up late for about 30 nights to come up with the "Gangnam Style" dance.[27] Along the way, he had tested various "cheesy" animal-inspired dance moves with his choreographer, including panda and kangaroo moves,[28] before settling for the horse trot, which involves pretending to ride a horse, alternately holding the reins and spinning a lasso, and moving into a legs-shuffling side gallop.[29]

What a hit PSY came up with to reached over a billion views. :su The power of Youtube to spread his word globally is what made it such a sensation. B)

I think the song is OK but not good. I've listened to it on the radio all the way through but wasn't tempted to buy it. It's got a decent beat for dancing.

The video is kind of funny and is well produced.

It's the "Macarena" of the 2010's. Out of sight, out of mind.

What a hit PSY came up with to reached over a billion views. :su The power of Youtube to spread his word globally is what made it such a sensation. B)

The power of Youtube to clutter up the world with "ironic" "tongue in cheek" bilge.

1 person likes this

Crikey. Gangham Style has now taken over the New Year celebrations.

It just goes to show influential YouTube really is.

They were mixing it in with Auld Lang Syne even in the UK.

It's a shame I don't know all the moves.