Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When will the world really end ?

Saru

There was no apocalypse on December 21st 2012, so when can we really expect to see the end of days ?

New research has aimed to determine what the last life forms on Earth will be, and what kind of abodes they will cling to before the Earth becomes sterilized.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

I don't think you could put a specific date(or time for that matter) on any cataclysm,apocalypse, or any other "end" event.If and when it happens, I believe it will just happen, little if no warning,and then there it is.

• Like 5

The world will end when conditions are right and not a minute before. Mankind may not make it that long.

• Like 1

I thought the world did end because I felt euphoric. That is until the alarm went off and I had to get up and go to work. :lol:

Providing we survive any meteor strikes , comets etc, the world will end in about 4.6 million years time according to the late Sir Patrick Moore. Thats good enough for me, unless some crazy Ayatolla pushes the button,then it will be the dawn of the cockroaches.Humans will not last as long the Dinosaurs because they didnt have the technology to wipe out each other.

If we could just get rid of welfare people, the world would last a lot longer.

• Like 1

If we could just get rid of welfare people, the world would last a lot longer.

Do you mean get rid of people so those you consider acceptable can have more living space?

The world will end when I die, at least for me.

• Like 1

There's the end of the world and there's the end of humanity. I'm sure the end of humanity will come first and can't be too far off. The real question is when will there be an end to cockroaches?

• Like 1

Will the end actually end. I am not 40 years or older but I've heard it was predicted in 1972. My friends say they will soon say it will end in 2020 and so on but one is sure the world will end.

I am a devout Christian, and I have read Revelation several times, and I want to share something I've found interesting:

You see, everyone assumes the Antichrist is a living person. The Apostle John, in his three epistles, never says the Antichrist is a living person. Throughout the New Testament, Jesus, Paul, and John all state emphatically how wicked and evil money is. Jesus wants us all to sell our possessions and give them to the poor. Paul tells Timothy flat out that "the love of money is the root of all evil" (1 Timothy 6:10). Now, considering the facts that have been laid out by John in Revelation (and his three epistles):

1. The mark of the beast is 666. If we take each six and add them together, we get 18, which is the legal age to vote. The opposite of 666 is 777, which we, as believers, assume is God's number. The three 7s added together yields 21. Hm....

2. In order for Jesus to return, the Antichrist must rule the world and proclaim himself as God, ruling the earth with one government. In other words, a one-world government must be established before Christ returns. Now, I am as literalist as it can get when it comes to the Bible, but I think God was insinuating something here: people love money. You can't live/function without it. When the one-world government comes, people will worship the Antichrist (the government) and its leader to survive. Now, that being said, much like God is a Trinity, so is the Antichrist:

ANTICHRIST = THE ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT

THE FALSE PROPHET = THE LEADER OF THE ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT

SATAN = MONEY (AND THE GREED ASSOCIATED WITH IT)*

*Every sin that is committed is, in some way, connected to money or some kind of personal gain/profit.

Once the credit system is destroyed (and it's headed there now), then the world will be plunged into chaos. Then, and only then, will the Apocalypse ensue.

You may think these are just coincidences, and I'm over-thinking. I may very well be. I am just sharing some information I thought was odd. Enjoy.

Edited by Mad Cow
  • Like 3

The world will end when conditions are right and not a minute before. Mankind may not make it that long.

Too right man kind may not make it that long.

Have a funny feeling that there are many species which may not either, some down to the climatic changes, some down to man.

But as with the dinosaurs, just because the temperature changes and may not be suitable for human life, other life forms may well still be able to thrive....or form.

Edited by freetoroam

I am a devout Christian, and I have read Revelation several times, and I want to share something I've found interesting:

You see, everyone assumes the Antichrist is a living person. The Apostle John, in his three epistles, never says the Antichrist is a living person. Throughout the New Testament, Jesus, Paul, and John all state emphatically how wicked and evil money is. Jesus wants us all to sell our possessions and give them to the poor. Paul tells Timothy flat out that "the love of money is the root of all evil" (1 Timothy 6:10). Now, considering the facts that have been laid out by John in Revelation (and his three epistles):

1. The mark of the beast is 666. If we take each six and add them together, we get 18, which is the legal age to vote. The opposite of 666 is 777, which we, as believers, assume is God's number. The three 7s added together yields 21. Hm....

2. In order for Jesus to return, the Antichrist must rule the world and proclaim himself as God, ruling the earth with one government. In other words, a one-world government must be established before Christ returns. Now, I am as literalist as it can get when it comes to the Bible, but I think God was insinuating something here: people love money. You can't live/function without it. When the one-world government comes, people will worship the Antichrist (the government) and its leader to survive. Now, that being said, much like God is a Trinity, so is the Antichrist:

*Every sin that is committed is, in some way, connected to money or some kind of personal gain/profit.

Once the credit system is destroyed (and it's headed there now), then the world will be plunged into chaos. Then, and only then, will the Apocalypse ensue.

You may think these are just coincidences, and I'm over-thinking. I may very well be. I am just sharing some information I thought was odd. Enjoy.

I like your post, it is interesting and I agree to some point but the number 666 is not the opposite of 777 but 999. I'm not a religious person, I don't go to church very often but I do believe in GOD. Religions in my opinion are made just to tame the people that are just not advanced enough to accept rules, accept others that are not like them and they are quick to judge others and put too many value on material things.

I like your post, it is interesting and I agree to some point but the number 666 is not the opposite of 777 but 999. I'm not a religious person, I don't go to church very often but I do believe in GOD. Religions in my opinion are made just to tame the people that are just not advanced enough to accept rules, accept others that are not like them and they are quick to judge others and put too many value on material things.

Thank you. I go to church every Sunday. I am really into it. There are just too many coincidences in the Bible that pertain to money being the destruction of the world. It's chaos now, and very appalling. Heck, I'm on my own and struggling to make a living, and I work two jobs. Now, as a Christian I take the Bible very seriously, and I believe every word of it. I take a tiny symbolic approach to it. Jesus spoke both literally and figuratively. It's like any other book: while fiction, there is always truth behind it. Jesus's parables are examples of actual events. John the Apostle wrote the same thing: while he literally saw what he wrote, they were also symbolic. Greed (on both sides of the political spectrum) will be the destruction of the world. Bank on it.

Many times throughout the New Testament, Jesus says to give up your possessions and give them away. Paul says to Timothy that the "love of money is the root of all evil." Time and again, tithing is deemed a relevant "means of grace," offered as a sacrifice to thank God for all He has done for us.

Money, and its system of credit, must be destroyed for Paradise to come to earth. People are obsessed with money, and everything and anything is revolved around money. Without money, you can't live. Everyone is out for some kind of personal gain or profit.

Now, Daniel the Prophet also identifies Four Beasts:

1. The Lion (UK?)

2. The Bear (Russia?)

3. The Leopard with 4 Wings

4. The Beast with 10Horns, and an 11th Horn with eyes and a mouth (China?)

Daniel identifies these beasts as four kingdoms that will rise from the earth, and be the most powerful among the other kingdoms.

The 144,000 Sealed (the 12 Tribes of Israel)

12 Major Divisions in Christianity?

1. Roman Catholicism

2. Eastern Orthodox

3. Lutheran

4. Anglican/Episcopal (Church of England)

5. Methodist

6. Baptists

7. Anabaptists (Mennonite and Amish)

8. Presbyterians/Reformed

9. The Salvation Army

10. United Church of Christ

11. Mormons

12. Jehovah's Witnesses

Edited by Mad Cow
  • Like 1

Even that verse isn't saying money is evil.
  • Like 1

Even that verse isn't saying money is evil.

Money itself is not evil. Paul says, the love of money is the root of all evil; in other words, greed.

But this has nothing to do with the OP, as the OP is based on scientific research and has nothing to do with religion.

eg:

However, the sun’s luminosity is gradually increasing, and in about one billion years the effects of this will start to be felt on Earth.

Studying what life will be like on Earth at the end of the habitable era helps scientists narrow down what kind of biosignatures might exist on Earth-like exoplanets orbiting aging stars near the end of their main sequence.

===================================================================

I respect your own religious views, but it has no comparison on this kind of scientific research. Unless you are saying it is what your god wants, but there is no mention of any of this in the bible.

• Like 1

12 Major Divisions in Christianity?

1. Roman Catholicism

2. Eastern Orthodox

3. Lutheran

4. Anglican/Episcopal (Church of England)

5. Methodist

6. Baptists

7. Anabaptists (Mennonite and Amish)

8. Presbyterians/Reformed

9. The Salvation Army

10. United Church of Christ

11. Mormons

12. Jehovah's Witnesses

Seems a pretty arbitrary list of denominations. What about Greek Orthodox or the Coptic Church?

Space will eventually end.. we're doomed!

I see the forum entertainment has turned up to cheer us all up.

The opposite of 666 is 777

I think the opposite of 666 is -666.