Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Super-strings and Homeric style

UM-Bot

Peter Fotis Kapnistos: Homer is the author of the Iliad and the Odyssey, established in Western customs and acknowledged as the best of ancient Greek epic poets. Most historians place Homer in the 7th or 8th centuries BC. His epics instituted the standard for inspired verse, and have had a huge impact on the history of Western literature.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

quantum effects begin hundreds of orders of magnitude above the planck length. the planck length is the absolute minimal size scale for the universe, so there is no 'anything smaller' possible, least of all black hole formation, as there is no energy level permissible below it, so black holes certainly could not form.

to give some idea of the scale involved-if you took a single hydrogen atom, and inflated it to the size of our solar system, then the planck length would be the size of an atom compared to it. definitely too small for anything like a black hole, and well, well below the level of the beginnings of quantum effects.

if you're trying to introduce philosophy into science, then might I suggest zeno's 'arrow paradox' being a better place to start, as it pre-empts the uncertainty principle by at least a couple of millennia.....

d2cad119035d71a07b70493b04b85e13.png

I propose a new length... the Keithisco length @ X10E-36m :yes:

Unfortunately the Planck length includes C which I do not believe is irrefutedly a Constant - but that is just my belief and is as unverifiable as C itself (no vacuum exists, or can exist unless Dark Energy and dark Matter can be excluded).

As an aside, I have a feeling that Dark Energy and Dark Matter exist outside of our ability to quantify it, or to describe it accurately.

keith, would the keithisco length be smaller than the current shortest known length, that of a politicians conscience....?

i'm also not comfortable with dark energy. inventing mysterious entities to reconcile the unknown is a bit of a cop-out if you ask me.....

I have my own theory to explain the accelerated expansion of the universe that doesn't involve sleight-of-hand particles, or gravity suddenly becoming billy no-mates after billions of years of being the life and soul of the party, but knowing my luck, 10mns after I posted it on here, some goit would publish it, and rob me of an almost certain nobel prize, and the endless supply of sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll that nobel prize winners always seem to end up with.....

:-)

• Like 1

keith, would the keithisco length be smaller than the current shortest known length, that of a politicians conscience....?

i'm also not comfortable with dark energy. inventing mysterious entities to reconcile the unknown is a bit of a cop-out if you ask me.....

I have my own theory to explain the accelerated expansion of the universe that doesn't involve sleight-of-hand particles, or gravity suddenly becoming billy no-mates after billions of years of being the life and soul of the party, but knowing my luck, 10mns after I posted it on here, some goit would publish it, and rob me of an almost certain nobel prize, and the endless supply of sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll that nobel prize winners always seem to end up with.....

:-)

I think we speak from the same page... I also have a theory to explain the accelerated expansion of the Universe (not mine actually - so must share the Nobel Prize on that one!) that does not involve Dark Energy or even Dark Matter, in fact does not involve any Einsteinian extrapolations, but I will keep that to myself until the promise of Sex, (not interested in drugs) and Rock and roll are guaranteed :devil:

I have the feeling that we may have read the same Scientific Papers? I like your thinking Shrooma

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Um-Bot,

Kethisco looks at 1.616, i look at 1.618, it is fun to look at ancient mathematicians, Homer lived around 8th Century BC, Plato was born around approx. 428 BC, Pythagoras was born approx. 570 BC. I don't think that Plato invented Platonic Solids, some would argue that they turned up in Scotland, a 1000 years before Plato, please scroll down to bottom of link to "PLATONIC SOLIDS":-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carved_Stone_Balls

I think your debate is did ancient mathematicians know something that perhaps is still theory in the present time....perhaps!

The mind set of ancient mathematicians is difficult to interpret, a good investigation of Sacred Geometry, Golden Number, Phi, Fibonacci Series, Fractals, Golden Spiral, CARDIOID, and Chaos Theory is needed!!!!

Plato didn't invent Platonic Solids, but he thought that the Universe was shaped like a Dodecahedron, we can suspect that Pythagoras did as well, picture imaging will join this to Pentacle, Pentagon and Dodecahedron, but it will also join to the Spiral of Life that is seen everywhere plus joined to fractals, so was Plato right?

Perhaps he was right, but we have a long way to go yet in experiments, some scientists think that the Cosmos is shaped like a Dodecahedron, pentacle, pentagon, link below:-

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2003/oct/08/is-the-universe-a-dodecahedron

To see how shape evolves by having two opposite pentagons and joining up all points, the Dodecahedron appears in 3D in the centre, link below:-

http://2012forum.com/forum/download/file.php?id=4648&mode=view

In an effort not to double up on my information, i leave links to other forum on unexplained mysteries regarding Phi, please read from thread section on link below #113 onwards to thread section #121 on next page, only read my comments:-

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=233403&st=105

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=233403&st=120