Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mob in Pakistan kills man accused of burning

GoldenWolf

Burn your wife, or throw acid in her face. Not so illegal.

Burn the holy book, guilty or not, that'll give you a death sentence by mob.

Those priorities are screwed.

But the mob also committed illegal actions and there have been arrests made.

Maybe your understanding and characterization of their judicial system and society in general is screwed?

I believe you, there is a very big problem in pretty much everything you post.

This mob murdered a man. That is wrong. So everyone here condemns them for their actions and the reasoning behind it. Yet every post you make you seem to beg people to 'understand' as if that makes it better. You tell them that we should not condemn these people for murder. Any critisim of the religion and society that allows such an act and condones is is hate to you.

I'm going to say in black and white what I think, in plain and simple terms so you can understand it and not twist it.

1: This mob murdered a man. That is wrong, just as it is wrong for any mob or person to commit an act of murder.

2: This murder was religiously motivated. Therefore the religion (or rather part of religion) must shoulder the blame.

3: Note that muslims do not HAVE to murder people, otherwise muslims in western countries would be doing it.

4: Why did I say the society is to blame? Because if this man as convicted of burning a book, there's a chance he'd be executed for it.

So, to be clear. I hate the mob for doing the murder. The hate is not targeted at the whole or religion or society, just the parts that were used to cause this to happen.

Now if this was a mob in our society, you would not be looking for excuses to use against those that condemned the action.

You quickly glossed over all the effort I placed in both of those posts.

Hate is wrong and part of the problem and judging from your previous posts that hate is not contained to "just the parts that were used to cause this to happen". The hate some have for those who are different is just a part too that contributes to things like this happening.

Does not matter if the incident is domestic or foreign.

In case you didn't read:

Understanding fosters acceptance. Condemnation from those who accept them is more valuable than condemnation from those who are merely bigoted.

Condemnation is warranted but not if channeled through religious, national, or any other type of bigotry. Have a great morning.

Edited by I believe you

You quickly glossed over all the effort I placed in both of those posts.

Mostly because the first post didn't address my point and the second wasn't posted before I made that post.

Your hate is wrong and part of the problem and judging from your previous posts not contained to "just the parts that were used to cause this to happen". The hate you have is just a part too that contributes.

Does not matter if the incident is domestic or foreign.

In case you didn't read:

Understanding fosters acceptance. Condemnation from those who accept them is more valuable than condemnation from those who are merely bigoted.

Condemnation is warranted but not if channeled through religious, national, or any other type of bigotry. Have a great morning.

I have a question for you and please, answer it plainly, no double speak.

Why is it wrong to you to condemn murderers? Because that is what I am hearing from you and that is the big problem with your posts. You turn the condemnation of murderers into something that it is not. Why?

'Understanding' does not change that this mob murdered a man. It does not change that his life as lost, nor does it excuse it.

Also as to the second post, ok there's a lot of information there, but it does not change the deserved condemnation I have for the mob and their actions.

Edited by shadowhive
  • Like 1

Understanding fosters acceptance which leads to growth and change.

In response to your specific question: condemnation is warranted.

It is the context of that condemnation as well as the context of what is being condemned that defines if the condemnation is healthy or not.

Some are quick to jump to attacking their society or disrespecting what others find holy such as suggesting more burning of sacred texts. In the context of the current political environment such suggestions are not helpful but quite the opposite.

All my comments are counter to such sentiment. That has nothing to do with condemning the murder. The two are not the same.

Understanding leads to change so it doesn't keep happening.

Now to me the most important aspect of this story is how that part of Pakistan treats the mentally ill. The mentally ill should be treated better. But change on that front will be very slow as no one is even questioning this aspect of the issue.

Edited by I believe you

Sick and very sad to do that over a holy book..