Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Future of mankind at stake over gay marriage

Big Bad Voodoo

I was surprised that anyone had that backwards thinking.... then I saw it was you and the surprise vanished.

We have freedom of speech. Its forum. Alternative one. So whats alternative in one state in other is law. And otherway around.

Not saying that I support his view (?) but he has right to say so.

And trust me if one dont agree with Mr Right Wing is me. I think that Mr Right Wing knows why. :innocent:

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

I wonder this.If gays got their rights around the globe one day would that open doors to other marriges. Such as woman and dog. Im mean they could realy love eachother. Or pedophiles? Not comparing them just asking. I heard that there is club of pedophiles in one Eu country as legal club. (Political club?)

That arguement always seems to come up and, to be honest, it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard and just comes off as scaremongerig.

You not what legalising gay rights will do? Give gay people rights. Not cause the world to end. Not open the door to pedophiles, none of that. Why people seem insistant on acting like that would happen is truly beyond me.

• Like 2

Someone is going to have to explain to me why and how gay and lesbian marriage is going to undermine society. I think the only thing that undermines society is the discrimination of those who are of different gender identity.

• Like 3

We have freedom of speech. Its forum. Alternative one. So whats alternative in one state in other is law. And otherway around.

Not saying that I support his view (?) but he has right to say so.

And, since we have freedom of speech, I can also call him out on his idiotic views. Or is that freedom only one way?

1. That doesn't change the fact that a same sex couple can never have children, so the principle of male + female makes infinitely more sense.

2. In the past when it was more defined people would not get married if they did not plan to have children.

Actually, you are quite wrong. People have sex to have children. Historically speaking marriage has always been a contract between 2 parties with negotiated settlements i.e. a dowry.

Children are only one of many reasons people get married - financial (gain, security) emotional (love) society (obligation) religious.

• Like 4

Someone is going to have to explain to me why and how gay and lesbian marriage is going to undermine society. I think the only thing that undermines society is the discrimination of those who are of different gender identity.

Exactly! The way some people act it's like they seem to think legalising same sex marriage means that hetrosexual marriage is suddenly illegal and same sex marriage is mandatory.

But what about example of woman and dog. They love each other. Very much.

I mean , maybe its just me, already see Dog parade. So where is border? Or we push border as we advanced. Did progress move borders? Doubt that because Gay existed before Church or encyclopedias.

So just want to developed conversation here. Where is border?

Children are only one of many reasons people get married - financial (gain, security) emotional (love) society (obligation) religious.

However they are most valuble reason.

I mean , maybe its just me, already see Dog parade. So where is border? Or we push border as we advanced. Did progress move borders? Doubt that because Gay existed before Church or encyclopedias.

Between species maybe?

Personally, the border to me should be that marriage is between consenting adults. Animals since they can't consent can't marry and since children are too young to give consent they shouldn't either.

I think the most important thing is the consenting part. The gender (or number) of adults involved shouldn't be the issue.

• Like 2

However they are most valuble reason.

I disagree, children are valuable on their own. Marriage not required

• Like 2

Between species maybe?

But you do realize that Biologists have problem defining what spicies mean?

Its term we invented. And love doenst know what spicies mean. Explain that to woman who is in love with her dog. And dog is obviously loving her.

We have also historical evidences that was something what also happened trough our history.

And also marrying/staying married for the kids can be a terrible reason to do so and make them worse off.

• Like 2

But you do realize that Biologists have problem defining what spicies mean?

Its term we invented. And love doenst know what spicies mean. Explain that to woman who is in love with her dog. And dog is obviously loving her.

We have also historical evidences that was something what also happened trough our history.

Are you being serious?

On that I disagree. Children need both parrents. But thats my personal view.

Are you being serious?

Ofcourse.

Personally, the border to me should be that marriage is between consenting adults. Animals since they can't consent can't marry and since children are too young to give consent they shouldn't either.

I think the most important thing is the consenting part. The gender (or number) of adults involved shouldn't be the issue.

Yes but age border is set by humans. Some people are not mature in 30s.

Also what about animal new research which show that animals have consciousness.

Daughter of the Nine Moon said that one of the reason for marriage can be emotions. I see that animal can have feelings. So do humans.

Yes but age border is set by humans. Some people are not mature in 30s.

Also what about animal new research which show that animals have consciousness.

Daughter of the Nine Moon said that one of the reason for marriage can be emotions. I see that animal can have feelings. So do humans.

You're right, some people aren't mature until their 30s. The key word being some. Should we change the age of consent up for everyone for those people?

I do think animals do have a consciousness on some level and that they do have emotions. Note I've never said a person ad animal can't form a relationship, nor have I condemned it. But an animal isn't a human, they can't consent.

The L, I am having a difficult time believing you are being serious and not being intentionally provoking.

You are equating gay marriage to bestiality?

I saw dogs could show with their animal pidgins many things. So as dolphins.

They can be trained to do thse things, that's not consent.

Just saying dont you see that it would open doors for many wierd, uncommon, bizzare loves? You can say what you want but being in love with dog is bizzare and pervert.

Last thing what I want to see is Zoo parade. But I can see it comes. There is room left for it, imo. One could ask for rights.

The L, I am having a difficult time believing you are being serious and not being intentionally provoking.

You are equating gay marriage to bestiality?

Not at all Daughter of the Nine Moons.One of close person of me is gay and I dont have nothing against it.

Im not equating gay marriage to bestiality. But I can draw parallel between rights for love each other. You cant?

I try to set up thought experiment.

Woman realy love her dog and her dog realy love her.

Can they marry? By todays laws no. But could gay marriage be ice breaker? Could gay marriage open doors for other kinds of love?

That is point.

Really? Heavens, Joseph, the very Future of Mankind is at stake over a couple of lines in Leviticus (written with reference to the tribes of Israel in about 1000 B.C.) and one a throwaway line from Paul, a man who had a lot to say about a lot of things, mostly to complain about something or other)? If it was that crucial for the future of Mankind, don't you think that Jesus (remember him? You may want to look him up, there's a book about him) might have mentioned something about it? :rolleyes: