Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Suggestions for some bizarre movies to watch

ohio traveler

Nope, I have only seen two Hideo Gosha films so far, Sword Of The Beast and Three Outlaw Samurai. I am hoping they would show more of his films on TCM.

I couldn't watch the dog fight scene .

Early Peter Jackson

Heavenly creatures is especially disturbing ,because its totally factual .

Then Meet the Feebles ,albeit humorous,its disturbing .

Same for Bad Taste and Dead Alive

There's also a Korean movie,about the first documented serial killer of Korea . Also factual . Very haunting . Let me find the name .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memories_of_Murder

Edited by Simbi Laveau

That looked pretty interesting, it looked like a mixture of chambara, yakuza, and pinku elements. Not what I expected from Hideo Gosha but I have only seen his first two pictures he ever made which were straight samurai films. I should look up more Hideo Gosha trailers on youtube.

Two more bizarre flicks are:

The Tenant (1976, Polanski)

Possession (1981, Zulawski)

• Like 1

That looked pretty interesting, it looked like a mixture of chambara, yakuza, and pinku elements. Not what I expected from Hideo Gosha but I have only seen his first two pictures he ever made which were straight samurai films. I should look up more Hideo Gosha trailers on youtube.

Two more bizarre flicks are:

The Tenant (1976, Polanski)

Possession (1981, Zulawski)

No,there are no pink aspects to the film . Why do you think pink films are so big there ? It's part of the culture from way back,but there's no pink in this.

It just shows how it works. Women were fodder and for barter . Even now,you never...EVER discuss a man's business with him .

Business is for the men .

There are some business women ,but they are few and far between ,and some are where they are,because of yakuza ties .

Daughters of bosses etc.

Its basically a brothel boss ,and how he works. Hes an under boss as well ..

So it shows how women are bought,regarded , and used .

There are a series of films about girl gangs,and one with yakuza wives (decades before this reality Mob wives crap)

I can look up some of the names if you want.

There are also Japanese torture movies .

Like how the shogun tortured people.

Brutal.seriously.

Waterboarding ain't got nothin on this stuff.

But ,know what is one of my faves ....which does have pinky aspects,but its hysterical ,the Hanzo the Razor series.

There are three . Same guy from lone wolf and cub series . Awesome .

There's much much more to j cinema than jidaigeki and samurai .

There a series of a god statue that comes to life. Overtones about Christianity ....Daimajin .I like him too .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

No,there are no pink aspects to the film . Why do you think pink films are so big there ? It's part of the culture from way back,but there's no pink in this.

It just shows how it works. Women were fodder and for barter . Even now,you never...EVER discuss a man's business with him .

Business is for the men .

There are some business women ,but they are few and far between ,and some are where they are,because of yakuza ties .

Daughters of bosses etc.

Its basically a brothel boss ,and how he works. Hes an under boss as well ..

So it shows how women are bought,regarded , and used .

There are a series of films about girl gangs,and one with yakuza wives (decades before this reality Mob wives crap)

I can look up some of the names if you want.

There are also Japanese torture movies .

Like how the shogun tortured people.

Brutal.seriously.

Waterboarding ain't got nothin on this stuff.

But ,know what is one of my faves ....which does have pinky aspects,but its hysterical ,the Hanzo the Razor series.

There are three . Same guy from lone wolf and cub series . Awesome .

There's much much more to j cinema than jidaigeki and samurai .

There a series of a god statue that comes to life. Overtones about Christianity ....Daimajin .I like him too .

Thanks for the info. I just thought I recognized some of the Pinku rape and female revenge fetishism in the trailer. But I was mistaken and also Hideo Gosha doesn't seem the type. I heard alot of praise about him yet his films aren't accessible here in the west. Criterion put out a couple of his samurai films but a vast amount of his filmography is not in print in the States.

The guy from the Lone Wolf and Cub series is Tomisaburo Wakayama despite the over the top violence and blood guysers and ridiculous villains in that series. The sword choreography of Wakayama is absolutely awesome!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I just thought I recognized some of the Pinku rape and female revenge fetishism in the trailer. But I was mistaken and also Hideo Gosha doesn't seem the type. I heard alot of praise about him yet his films aren't accessible here in the west. Criterion put out a couple of his samurai films but a vast amount of his filmography is not in print in the States.

The guy from the Lone Wolf and Cub series is Tomisaburo Wakayama despite the over the top violence and blood guysers and ridiculous villains in that series. The sword choreography of Wakayama is absolutely awesome!

Ok,im wrong ,second time today ,a record ... :P

It's the actor from the zatoichi series ,not lone wolf. They look alike to me .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007PAMKQ?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

Ok,im wrong ,second time today ,a record ... :P

It's the actor from the zatoichi series ,not lone wolf. They look alike to me .

http://www.amazon.co...aw_bottom_links

Yes, do they do share a close resemblance. So you are forgiven. :P

I dont think I have seen a Zatoichi or Hanza film in its complete entirety. But have seen the Kitano remake. And I have seen the complete Lone Wolf and Cub series.

• Like 1

An odd one though maybe not shower worthy that I saw during the holidays on Netflix.

rare exports a Christmas tale or something like that

After reading about Japanese film I remembered Tetsuo the iron man, strange

http://youtu.be/PQ0PhMH3sLg

It's a cult classic.

There was a recent one .....some guys son dies,and he turns into a robot to avenge the kids death . It was weird . I forget the title.

• Like 1

I dont know If its been mentioned but Peeping Tom was a really good one. BTW does anybody know If theres a way I can see John Carpentars At The Mouth Of Madness online for free anywhere. I use to own the movie but somehow I lost it.. :no:

Lots of mentions of Japanese films, which I love by the way. So I will add one more to this list of bizarre films that leave you feeling strange thoughts..

Battle Royale

Audition

A Serbian Film

Grotesque

"Masters Of Horror", the one called "Imprint"

All are seriously messed up.