Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Paranoid Android

Mosque issues fatwa on Christmas

33 posts in this topic

A huge number of muslim palestinians join the Christmas celebrations with christian palestinians. Nothing wrong wit that.

In Bosnia it is usual to decorate a christmas tree but it is mostly intended for the new year so we call it the new years tree but it remenisc the christmas tree plus a lot of santa claus outfits. That is regarding the muslims while catholics do as everywhere else.

Only those without enough faith in their own religion see a threat from other religions and customs.

I was happy to read in the op text that so many muslims denounced the posts of this so called imam.

1 person likes this

I haven't had a chance to come on and post lately but I hope you all had a lovely Christmas holiday..

Hope you all have an excellent new year

1 person likes this

I'm impressed by your understanding of every single Muslim that doesn't celebrate Christmas or wish it to others. It's like you're saying something that you couldn't possibly know. Maybe because you are.

What do you mean exactly? I know why most practising muslims don't participate in Xmas, simply based on their own religious convictions just a Christian does not celebrate eid or Ramadan or hajj based on their own convictions, Muslims are not offended by it, so why would Christians be? And I believe their not, they understand if Muslims don't participate. Again it's a matter of freedom if choice based on ones own convictions and nothing to do with hatred what so ever, that's just BS!

As I said before: a glaring fact that means nothing. You mean Jesus didn't tell people to celebrate his birth at the festival of the sun god? Really? Wow, I never noticed that before. Thanks so much for being enlightened enough to point out such a little-known piece of knowledge.

To you glaring facts like Jesus was not born on the 25th, or that Xmas is pagan festival as is Easter and most celebrations in their calendar, mean nothing, to you truths have no value or implication. That's fine. It's same for the Christians, their happy with pagan rituals, doctrines and false dates, since there is nothing really solid and factual there in it's entirety I suppose their used to it. However we differ, Muslims only worship one god, no partners, no intermediaries, no sons, no Demi gods, etc. So we do take exception to following falsehoods from dates to doctrines!

To you glaring facts like Jesus was not born on the 25th, or that Xmas is pagan festival as is Easter and most celebrations in their calendar, mean nothing, to you truths have no value or implication. That's fine. It's same for the Christians, their happy with pagan rituals, doctrines and false dates, since there is nothing really solid and factual there in it's entirety I suppose their used to it. However we differ, Muslims only worship one god, no partners, no intermediaries, no sons, no Demi gods, etc. So we do take exception to following falsehoods from dates to doctrines!

Oh, so Islam has no holdovers from the paganism that preceded it? No black stone in the Kaaba? It wasn't a cornerstone of idol worship before that? Oh, okay.

And besides, you're saying things that mean nothing. Yes, the dates USED to be pagan festivals. But, they're not anymore. Repeat after me. They aren't anymore. They aren't anymore. And good on you, being monotheistic. Guess what, so is Catholicism...and Christianity for that matter. There's no falsehood involved.

2 people like this

Oh, so Islam has no holdovers from the paganism that preceded it? No black stone in the Kaaba? It wasn't a cornerstone of idol worship before that? Oh, okay.

Paganism did precede Islam but Arabia was purified of such falsehoods, as for the black stone, it has no deitic values at all, nor do Muslims worship a stone or the Kaaba, we stand on top of the Kaaba to call to pray etc, name me a pagan who will disrespect his idol god by standing on it? Try a Hindu to stand on a idol of Krishna. So don't talk tripe!

And besides, you're saying things that mean nothing. Yes, the dates USED to be pagan festivals. But, they're not anymore. Repeat after me. They aren't anymore. They aren't anymore. And good on you, being monotheistic. Guess what, so is Catholicism...and Christianity for that matter. There's no falsehood involved.

Even if they don't have a pagan relevance today it's origin does, today it has transformed in to the festival for materialists, materialism is the new pagan faith, whereby material objects become the object of worship. It's a commercial corporate holiday, so practising Muslims stay away from such things and festivals that have pagan origins, rituals etc. Even today there is plenty of pagan rituals in Xmas and other festivals. Why do you feel we are obliged to celebrate it with you?

As for monotheistic tenants of the christianity or Catholicism, those are it's claims alone, but in practise it's diametrically opposite.

Paganism did precede Islam but Arabia was purified of such falsehoods, as for the black stone, it has no deitic values at all, nor do Muslims worship a stone or the Kaaba, we stand on top of the Kaaba to call to pray etc, name me a pagan who will disrespect his idol god by standing on it? Try a Hindu to stand on a idol of Krishna. So don't talk tripe!

Eh, not talking tripe. I'm just calling out the origins of something from Islam, like you're calling out the origins of something from Catholicism. As you can see, it doesn't make sense to do so. Thank you for proving the point.

Even if they don't have a pagan relevance today it's origin does, today it has transformed in to the festival for materialists, materialism is the new pagan faith, whereby material objects become the object of worship. It's a commercial corporate holiday, so practising Muslims stay away from such things and festivals that have pagan origins, rituals etc. Even today there is plenty of pagan rituals in Xmas and other festivals. Why do you feel we are obliged to celebrate it with you?

As we just saw above...the origin doesn't matter. And if it apparently does, you'd better vacate Mecca, and most of the cities in the Middle East. They ALL originally were pagan. I've never insisted that you celebrate Christmas. I'm simply showing how silly you're being by worrying about it at all.

As for monotheistic tenants of the christianity or Catholicism, those are it's claims alone, but in practise it's diametrically opposite.

Wrongo. But nice try.

I'm just glad people are taking a stand against stupidity. Gives me a little more faith in people regardless of their religion.

Only it is somehow less impressive when the ones taking a stand against stupidity want to impose their own, bigger, stupidity on everybody.

Come one, it is pretty easy for religionist nuts to criticize other religionists nuts. But don´t hold your breath for them criticizing their own.

You should note that all moderate muslims (those who advocate reform of the medieval teachings of islam) have been served with death fatwahs of one form or another.

So hold the champagne...

We all have those idiots, muslims, christians and jews.

Nope pal, we don´t.

Christians and Jews do not continually come up with the "religious misunderstanders" who are invariably clerics, and with their demands for biblical law, their suicide bombings, and whatnot.

Sorry but that is an easy way out. Maybe you found a way to moderate the teachings of your books, but a lot of your coreligionists has not, and shows no willingness to do so.