Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldsoldier

NORFOLK 1974

6 posts in this topic

While on a short break in a Norfolk cottage my late father-in-law Len How decided to take a photograph of my late mother-in-law Joan standing in front of the ancient cottage they had rented while on the break. It was only some months later that a friend noticed soemthing odd about the picture pointing out that there appeared to be someone standing inside the cottage looking out at them. The photo was enlarged and sure enough the face of a beautiful young woman dressed in a brown dress was looking out the window. My in-laws claimed there was no one in the cottage with them and the photgraph they claimed was genuine-they had no reason to "fake" it. And what,s even stranger was even though I was shown this photo many times when we went through my mother-in-laws things following her death in 1998 we could Not find the picture though there were others taken during the same break.

That's a very strange story. You will have to try and research the history of the cottage and see if you can find out who the lady was.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Do you mean Norfolk UK (as in the county of Norfolk)

have you got the picture and a scanner I would love to have a look. I like local stories.

Yes it wasn,t far from Norwich itself-tried to find it again when mother-in-law died in 1998 but it had disappeared or she had inadvertently thrown it out in error-never saw the neagtive so no way to check it for authenticity

Sorry, but without the photo this is a run-of-the-mill unsubstantiated story.

Maybe after her death someone took it. Things happen like that after a death.